British Speedway Forum
Star Lady

King's Lynn Vs Poole 1st July

I have nothing against Lynn as such.

The racing was on a par with anything I've seen on Sky this season and at Poole. I agree Sunday at EOES was not great . How much better tho could Lynn be if they got the rest right. The music for instance - no big rock anthems, no music building up to each race. Boro and Poole (the only ones I've been to this year) both build the music up to the start of each race. Last night we had bland music, four bikes coming out of the pits in dribs and drabs, the line up announced, some faffing about and the tapes went up. Speedway is an entertainment for gods sake put some bloody effort into it :mad: . No wonder the crowd are silent.

The fact there was no parade last night was disgraceful. With Sky there it might not have been possible to do a full on one but the riders could easily have ridden round the track at least once while the names were announced. I know all the kids (big and small :wink: ) that I've ever taken to speedway loved watching the riders come round and waving etc before the meeting, and after (which it seems didn't happen either last night).

Other clubs manage to "persuade" their riders to do a lap of celebration, to acknowledge the fans but it seems at Lynn it's " not the done thing" in fact the impression given is it's banned! Rob, Buster, anyone should insist that riders at least do a full circuit after a race. IMHO they should want to do it but if not it should be in their contract,, You say the stand at EOES is where the atmosphere is but there are no more fans in there than there are in the Royal Box and home straight stand at Lynn. The difference is at Lynn the riders don't manage to get as far as the home straight after a race so give the fans no opportunity to cheer them etc.

It's the little things that go towards making an evenings entertainment and they cost nothing except a bit of effort in telling the riders to do their part, building the atmosphere up to a race, do a parade for gods sake!

I said to Trees pre meeting that if the peripherals are right, you don't notice the lack of good racing.

You are a long term fan so you know it can be done, it always used to be done. Cyril Crane, Maury Littlechild, Martin Rogers, Waggy amongst others knew how to put on a show as did Jonathan Chapman. Seems to me that Lynn are just going thro the motions. and it can and should be so much better. If me wanting to see that makes me have a grudge against Lynn I plead guilty.

Waggy ?? He who shouldn't be mentioned lol

Pretty good meeting although only Lamberts heroics in heat 15 and Iversens pass on North saved it as a spectacle, most of the earlier races gate and go. Iversen was poor by his standards and Bjerre was awful. In my opinion after his win in heat 14 Watt should have been in heat 15, North had just come last. Having said that would of definately taken a point before the meeting started.Anyone who was there would have noticed Gomolski fighting for every point, he did well and deserves his place in the team. Where was everybody by the way, lovely sunny evening and a poor crowd, should have been packed, perhaps they should have reduced prices as it was on sky.

• Like 2

Certainly was a bore-fest for the first part of the meeting but improved as it went on up to a good climax.

Why was Watt not in heat 15?

He had had 2 decent heat results by then and was trapping well - would have thought he would have been a better option than North? Even though north had been fighting hard.

What was the crowd size compared to normal? It didn't look that big but they were spread around the circuit.

Heat 15

Did it not look like they let them pass a little easy?

Or is it my natural cynicism?

Strange meeting that!!, Obviously pleased with the win, and the way Lamberts recued the occasion, but have to question the team performance.

It appeared after Ht 7, with the exception of Maciej, Poole where there for the taking. Never will it be more achievable, than it should have been at that time. But instead of consolidating the position, we take the foot off the pedal and allow them back in it. No!! I'm not knocking Poole, they showed all the fight and determination to battle back, and in the end deserved to get some reward, but we should have shown more fight. Some of those first corners were terrible.

Having always been a Magic lover, he didn't disappoint. He was superb all night and led by example.. Showing the rest what can be done. Our heat-leaders were a big disappointment. Milik, occasionally showed his class but let the team down with that stupid pull-cord incident, Niels was outclassed and beaten by Maciej 3 times, and Bjerre, what a complete joke. ( If Lynn has any intention of winning this year, than he has to go. He has finally exhausted the fans patience) Must be the most disappointing rider in the league this year by far...

Kerr, Morris done their job, Porsing continued his progress with fast equipment, and Lambert was always there or thereabout. In the end we were lucky to get the 3 points, Thanks mainly to Mildo picking the wrong pair. Watt had just won his last 2 rides and beaten Lambert soundly in HT.14 . To me an obvious choice....

Buster, the track was superb, a real racing strip. It was shown, that IF you were prepared to have a go, you could make that pass. There were 10 races within 1.5 sec of the track record. That's quick......

Thoroughly enjoyed the night, Good racing, Good company, Good weather, Cool drinks,.... feel we got out of jail though.......

Roll- on Cardiff :t:

Edited by GRW123

I'm not a fan of the TR, but by definition the match wasn't close when Poole used theirs.

usually isn't when your 10 down.. :P

to be fair about the meeting it was pretty much a bore fest until the last.

Fantastic ride from RL but if MJ hadn't of lifted down the back straight Poole would have won as Iversen only passed Dak because of him slowing down with Janowski.

I initially thought the track looked superb with quite a bit of dirt down, but... you went wide... you went backwards.

He's certainly shut you up tonight hasn't he. I'd take up knitting if i were you, because you know naff all when it comes to speedway.

As for Gavans continuous i have nothing against Poole, well, going through the thread and picking up his posts he hates every single letter of the word Poole. So if i were you lot, especially Poole fans i wouldn't believe a single letter or word he writes on this forum.. :icon_smile_clown: is an understatement.

go sit in a dark corner buddy you bore everyone on here including your own fans. I like MANY on this thread can quite clearly see the sky Poole bias yet it's just me you single out well done. Middlo quite clearly chose the wrong rider in heat 15. Watt was trapping and would have at least got in the way a bit to hold the stars boys up. Strange to choose North over Watt in many people's eyes. Cracking ride by Lambert though I think Magic took it to easy in front riding a conservative line rather than attacking the whole race. Anyway at least the tactical ride didnt decide the meeting. Poole are still the team to beat over 2 legs and unless Lynn replace Bjerre it's only Coventry who can stop them.

Oh dear Holder has Cardiff GPitis......oh sorry he's "ill"...Poole have zero chance of even a point now as Holder scored 17 last time at Lynn.

You really are showing yourself up as the plonker that you are...first you slag off Gomolski (who AGAIN rode to his average last night) and now you wrote Poole off before a heat had even taken place! No real Poole supporter would carry on like you. If you don't like us, don't watch us. Simples.

• Like 2

Just watched this match on Foxtel. Bloody fantastic finish to the meeting. Chris Harris take note. A 17 year old with more fight and determination, AND getting the job done as it should be. One hit wonder? Think again.

• Like 2

Wey Hey !! Great win for the Stars and without Bjerre.

Poole only just lost without Holder! ;)

The only thing that puzzled me was not having Watt in Ht15.

Otherwise, KL got out of jail by Janowski lifting and baulking North.

Excellent ride from Lambert though. Have been a fan of his for a while now, before he joined KL. He could do that regularly on the German circuits while U16.

Just watched this match on Foxtel. Bloody fantastic finish to the meeting. Chris Harris take note. A 17 year old with more fight and determination, AND getting the job done as it should be. One hit wonder? Think again.

WHAT??? One thing Harris can NEVER be accused of is a lack of fire and determination, and certainly he has at least as much, if not more, than Lambert

• Like 1

Waggy ?? He who shouldn't be mentioned lol

He was at Peterborough the other week, hadn't seen him in years.

What a good meeting that was,i really enjoyed it fair play to Poole a great fighting spirit in there camp.Lambert superb and Porsing showing us how good he can be really pleased for Morris as well stuck at it didnt look quick but rode some great lines and scored some vital points.Middlo say want you want about him,but his sides show spirit and you can tell he has the respect of his riders.As for Magic was just thinking what a great world champion he would be for speedway in the future .A real nice lad i don't know who it was ? it could of been ER or ORLOV who has always said he could be Polands next world champion? he could be well right.

Edited by sidney
  • Like 1