British Speedway Forum
drvortexz

Somerset And The Confederate Flag

I can't put it better than Ben Jones (Cooter) from the Dukes Of Hazzard:

That flag on top of the General Lee made a statement that the values of the rural south were the values of courage and family and good times.

As long as you weren't black of course...

Ben Jones did of course also go by the handle 'Crazy Cooter' in the DoH.

As long as you weren't black of course...

Ben Jones did of course also go by the handle 'Crazy Cooter' in the DoH.

In Robs defence, he said he couldn't put it better.And judging by some of his posts on this thread,i believe him :P

New logo looks too much like a Welsh Dragon.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 1

oldtimer, on 29 Jan 2016 - 4:39 PM, said:

New logo looks too much like a Welsh Dragon.

They were going to go with Rebel wilson but decided the wee dragony beastie was less likely to scare the weans...

seems bizarre to me that Somerset have changed their emblem, but have kept their name,,,

'Rebels', people that don't like rules or authority and are opposed to the political system in their country,,,

some might say, 'yesterdays terrorists' ;)

seems bizarre to me that Somerset have changed their emblem, but have kept their name,,,

'Rebels', people that don't like rules or authority and are opposed to the political system in their country,,,

some might say, 'yesterdays terrorists' ;)

Some might say freedom fighters...

Some might say freedom fighters...

"some might say"

(Noel Gallagher 24th April 1995)

Freedom fighters was a track by The Music, on their second album Welcome to the North

I find the whole Idea of changing a teams logo ,to pander to people who get offended on behalf of others who are plotting their downfall and racist themselves , both disturbing and very very sad .another classic example of pathetic appeasement

Edited by speedibee
  • Like 3

I find the whole Idea of changing a teams logo ,to pander to people who get offended on behalf of others who are plotting their downfall and racist themselves , both disturbing and very very sad .another classic example of pathetic appeasement

something of which 'rebels' would be very proud of :(

Also, and apparently, the most likely group of people to be offended by the confed flag, especially in America, are the black Americans. How many black Americans are supporters at Somerset speedway? Exactly, therefore, it must be the white British who are offended. Some people obviously have too much time on their hands. Unless Somerset speedway is planning a team tour of the USA?

• Like 2

Also, and apparently, the most likely group of people to be offended by the confed flag, especially in America, are the black Americans. How many black Americans are supporters at Somerset speedway? Exactly, therefore, it must be the white British who are offended. Some people obviously have too much time on their hands. Unless Somerset speedway is planning a team tour of the USA?

Absolutely, perhaps they could adopt all white hooded Klu Klux Klax kevlars too? After all if there are very unlikely to be any black Americans there, then why not? You are a real visionary.

• Like 5

Absolutely, perhaps they could adopt all white hooded Klu Klux Klax kevlars too? After all if there are very unlikely to be any black Americans there, then why not? You are a real visionary.

You have too much time on your hands falcace. You need to find something better to spend your time.

Well, its an old story now but I think the Rebels did right to change their logo (the guy who owns the original general lee from dukes of hazzard painted over the flag on it to avoid offence), shows what good folk they are and confirms what speedway is all about (and what it isn't about). I like the new logo, very similar to somerset county cricket club.

That's the arms of the Duke of Marlborough who put down the rebellion, although at the time he was just John Churchill. He gained his dukedom ironically for his part in deposing James a couple of years later.

No he didn't; it was for defeating the French in the Battle of Blenheim, and some others, many years later.

Classic example of a PC Idiot embellishing something to gain kudos with other cackling PC idiots , and terrorist symapthisers .it worked a treat you got yoursdelf 4 pats on the back ..well done

• Like 3