British Speedway Forum

Have been trying to book my tickets for Cardiff 2016 on the SGP website. The tickets I require are in CAT7 U16/OAP which offers me a choice of 19 different seat locations. The problem is no matter which location I choose out of the 19, when I come to book the tickets the seats allocated are always in U19 Bend 4. Now I don't know if this is a plot by management to keep all us unruly OAP's together so that they can keep an eye on us but the point is I don't want to go in U19. Why offer me a choice but then only let me have U19? Has anybody else tried to book in this category?

I always rang to book our tickets. I have sat on the third bend and the fouth bend and had good views, depends what an individual wants.

Have been trying to book my tickets for Cardiff 2016 on the SGP website. The tickets I require are in CAT7 U16/OAP which offers me a choice of 19 different seat locations. The problem is no matter which location I choose out of the 19, when I come to book the tickets the seats allocated are always in U19 Bend 4. Now I don't know if this is a plot by management to keep all us unruly OAP's together so that they can keep an eye on us but the point is I don't want to go in U19. Why offer me a choice but then only let me have U19? Has anybody else tried to book in this category?

I think they've kept the vast majority of the tickets back so they can offer selected areas at the "discounted" prices

I have now got the tickets I wanted. I rang the number shown on the SGP website and although they first offered me tickets in the same location as before ( U19 ) when I asked for a different location they were quite happy to let me have those. It just shows if you don't ask you don't get.

Well looks like the uni accommodation is all gone friends have tried to book but nothing for GP weekend now

Try this email bookaccommodation@cardiff.ac.uk

they emailed me an online booking form and ive booked rooms today

be aware the cheapest rooms have shared bathroom facilities

Hotels EVERYWHERE increae prices when there is an event in the locality, the closer you get to the event the dearer it becomes. If you want to stay Cardiff centre then you will pay. Its the same at the end of July for the world team championshop at Belle Vue, hotel rates in the locality go up. Its called supply and demand.

Think about moving out of Cardiff. First two years for the Sat night we stayed in Tonypandy, about 30 min north of Cardiff, then on the Sunday night when the event was over we dropped down into Cardiff and stayed at the Quay, very reasonable prices Sunday night.

Hotels EVERYWHERE increae prices when there is an event in the locality, the closer you get to the event the dearer it becomes. If you want to stay Cardiff centre then you will pay.

Yes, but the prices charged for mostly very average accommodation in Cardiff are totally obscene. Supply an demand are all very well, but even BSI seem to have recognised that it's deterring people from attending the GP. It's probably deterring non-speedway people from going to Cardiff as well.

Eventually you kill the golden goose if you gouge people too much.

• Like 1

Hotels EVERYWHERE increae prices when there is an event in the locality, the closer you get to the event the dearer it becomes. If you want to stay Cardiff centre then you will pay. Its the same at the end of July for the world team championshop at Belle Vue, hotel rates in the locality go up. Its called supply and demand.

Think about moving out of Cardiff. First two years for the Sat night we stayed in Tonypandy, about 30 min north of Cardiff, then on the Sunday night when the event was over we dropped down into Cardiff and stayed at the Quay, very reasonable prices Sunday night.

It doesn't help when various companies hoover up rooms and then sell on to the public at inflated prices to make a quick buck out of fans.

• Like 1

We're staying in Newport again this year , far cheaper than Cardiff and only a 15 minute train journey away .

Yes, but the prices charged for mostly very average accommodation in Cardiff are totally obscene. Supply an demand are all very well, but even BSI seem to have recognised that it's deterring people from attending the GP. It's probably deterring non-speedway people from going to Cardiff as well.

Eventually you kill the golden goose if you gouge people too much.

It doesn't help when various companies hoover up rooms and then sell on to the public at inflated prices to make a quick buck out of fans.

I am in agreement with what you say, but as long as people will pay the rice it will continue to happen.

The hotels are "full" on the Saturday GP night in Cardiff, just as they will be for any event be it sporting, pop concert or whatever in any major city. Its not just a Cardiff speedway thing.

No doubt if "everyone" shunned the Cardiff city centre hotels and lodged in areas around Cardiff where it is cheaper "today" - they will catch on and raise their prices.

You either pay the prices for city centre, move out to quieter areas, or stay at home - we all have the same choices.

Having said that, this year I don't have a choice.... wife says we staying at home...... we going to Belle Vue world cup end of July instead. I only live about 30 mile from Belle Vue but looked at staying in a hotel for the Friday night.... no surprise to find the room prices have shot up if you want to be near the stadium...... so we travelling by car both Fri and Sat meetings.

Our hotel is a 10minutes leisurely stroll from the stadium, it's a fair price which has only gone up slightly over a few years. We provisionally book before leaving and we phone when the date is announced to confirm. They used to let us know the date before the official announcement was made on Sky the following Monday. :t::cheers: