British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Future Of Scunthorpe Scorpions

The start time mentioned in the programme notes was 6.30 pm. Suits me, as it brings back pleasant memories of my childhood summer Sundays and 6.45 tapes up at New Hammond Beck Road. :approve:

what i find strange is the poles love speedway and we probably have more of them over here than there are in Poland (sorry i had to get that one in) i cant say i have noticed any of them attending speedway why is that anyone got any thoughts? can we not tempt a few of them though the door.

Myth, supposition, not true....

every time I register a Polish person for temporary work in Leicester, I always ask which team they support, it's about the same ratio of people that even know what speedway is!! Don't forget, Poland is a very large Country..... The ones I see are surprised at what I say about Poles and speedway...

they don't go because its rubbish I met a gorzow fan who went to Berwick once, he said it was that bad he would never go again

Granted not all Polish meetings are packed or is the racing top notch but they are so passionate about there Speedway.

Edited by GrigorijLaguta13

Most Poles don't attend Speedway in England because they send most of their money home to set themselves up later in life.

Edited by proud panther
  • Like 1

Peterborough tried taping into the Polish community after the WTC was held at the showground a few years ago even going along with signing polish riders and distributing flyers to attract them it didnt work the interest wasnt forthcoming.

Rob is absolutely right regards bringing on the younger riders at the bottom of the team.

There are those that want build a team with strength at reserve to make sure they have a chance of winning the league.... and all this does is increase the wage bill for the promoters.

It is time to live within our means....

• Like 1

Rob is absolutely right regards bringing on the younger riders at the bottom of the team.

There are those that want build a team with strength at reserve to make sure they have a chance of winning the league.... and all this does is increase the wage bill for the promoters.

It is time to live within our means....

Dead right..

The trouble is it has been that time for a long time now.

When will they see Financial sense?