British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches ( P L) - Friday, July 17th (7.30pm)

So for the original running of the heat we have EC rides again stating Tungate had momentum off the bend and clipped Autys wheel (so Auty had to be clear ahead) and Scunthorpe Bullet stating Auty went speeding past off the bend ( so Auty clearly behind)

A lttle inconsistent??

Think I will stick with the HalifaxTiger neutral view.

• Like 1

I'm an edinburgh fan and totally agree Sam masters should have been thrown out the meeting understand he was fined £300

are there any videos doing the rounds of the incidents?I

I can assure everyone that last nights astonishing events during the Scunthorpe v Ipswich Premier League meeting have been recorded. They will be uploaded.

However prior to doing so I would wish to know if there are any wider considerations; with regard to putting the evidence onto a public forum; which may be relevant to any subsequent SCB Enquiry. I have viewed the footage and it is possible to form opinion as regards the incidents; and all ensuing events.

Is there any advice out there as to whether this should go onto a public forum at this stage.

I am still thinking everything through; but suffice to say at this stage after the superlatives of Scunthorpe v Peterborough a week ago; we left last night stunned and shaking our heads at what we had witnessed.

Another thing; read the 2015 Speedway Regulations; you will only get to Page 5 Sect 3.3 to understand that the Referee has greater jurisdiction than he chose to exercise last night. I walked back with Peter Clarke (Referee) to his box; and with no histrionics; respectfully reminded him that he had the power to uphold the code of sportsman ship and proper conduct in the arena and therefore he could exclude Rohan Tungate from the meeting. Had he chosen to do so he would have avoided much of what ensued that further brought the sport into disrepute.

Mr Clarke said to me that he had done all that he could in imposing the maximum fine and would be writing his report to the SCB. I beg to differ in his view that he did all he could.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Best laugh ive had is Tungates statement....Auty shut off over the finish line!!!..thought everyone did that

• Like 4

Best laugh ive had is Tungates statement....Auty shut off over the finish line!!!..thought everyone did that

I thought the same. It's the Aussie temper striking again.

Has Auty's injury been confirmed anywhere?

Edited by mdmc82

I can assure everyone that last nights astonishing events during the Scunthorpe v Ipswich Premier League meeting have been recorded. They will be uploaded.

However prior to doing so I would wish to know if there are any wider considerations; with regard to putting the evidence onto a public forum; which may be relevant to any subsequent SCB Enquiry. I have viewed the footage and it is possible to form opinion as regards the incidents; and all ensuing events.

Is there any advice out there as to whether this should go onto a public forum at this stage.

I am still thinking everything through; but suffice to say at this stage after the superlatives of Scunthorpe v Peterborough a week ago; we left last night stunned and shaking our heads at what we witnessed last night.

Cleancut recorded the Greaves/Sarjeant incident last year and ended up passing it on to SCB.

I would advise not posting it - you can always post it later, but you can never unpost it once posted.

• Like 1

The sad thing about all this is forgetting all the argy-bargy a fantastic meeting with loads of passing took place last night.

No more from me on this one.

• Like 1

I thought the same. It's the Aussie temper striking again.

Has Auty's injury been confirmed anywhere?

I saw Josh's hand..it certainly didn't look good..all ballooned up, looked a mess to be honest.. be amazed if it ain't broken... I fear his season could be over.

I am still thinking everything through; but suffice to say at this stage after the superlatives of Scunthorpe v Peterborough a week ago; we left last night stunned and shaking our heads at what we had witnessed.

Another thing; read the 2015 Speedway Regulations; you will only get to Page 5 Sect 3.3 to understand that the Referee has greater jurisdiction than he chose to exercise last night. I walked back with Peter Clarke (Referee) to his box; and with no histrionics; respectfully reminded him that he had the power to uphold the code of sportsman ship and proper conduct in the arena and therefore he could exclude Rohan Tungate from the meeting. Had he chosen to do so he would have avoided much of what ensued that further brought the sport into disrepute.

Mr Clarke said to me that he had done all that he could in imposing the maximum fine and would be writing his report to the SCB. I beg to differ in his view that he did all he could.

I don't think it would make any difference to any enquiry if you uploaded it on here as it would be of what happened.

It would be interesting to see if there are different views on it after watching it.

Hope you share it.

• Like 1

Wonder if Luna got fined as rule states your responsible for merchanic s action !!! Bet he doesn't

Yep he did Neil

Interesting viewpoint from Ipswich in their match report but Scunthorpe haven't posted one yet so hard to make comparisons.

I would advise not posting it - you can always post it later, but you can never unpost it once posted.

Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious! Of course once something is out there it's out there for good - but that's not a reason for not doing it now.

Ok so your opinion, which you're entitled to air on here, is that he should keep it off the web for now at least, but please explain WHY you think that.

I don't see any reason why he shouldn't.

Btw if you're hinting at some sort of legal ramifications you'd be wrong and putting the wind up him unnecessarily. There's no privacy or copyright issues - otherwise we wouldn't be seeing any speedway clips on the net. And no individual involved can have any grounds for litigation - for, say, defamation - because whatever in shown in the video is, by definition, a record of what happened and maybe of what was said.

So go ahead TheOutsider; stick it on t'internet and let's all see what happened. You have nothing to fear except moans from anybody it embarrasses.

• Like 1

I don't know your role at Scunthorpe but you didn't try to influence the ref by reminding him of his powers did you?

Sounds like a great meeting and just a shame I wasn't there.