British Speedway Forum

That was to demonstrate to certain people who think I am "in the know" that, actually, I am far from being "in the know".

If you you know what I mean.

Some people think your in the know. :rofl:

Should those people be loose in our community.

Some people think your in the know. :rofl:

Should those people be loose in our community.

Well, that's hard to disagree with!

Anyway, back to speedway. What do you make of the new investment?

Do you think they have put the big bucks in for TJ?

All very positive, I think.

That was to demonstrate to certain people who think I am "in the know" that, actually, I am far from being "in the know".

If you you know what I mean.

you mean you were trying to lay hypocritical bait, so you then had an excuse for being a troll?
  • Like 2

Very grateful to those who have stumped up the investment that sees Berwick stay on track, I hope we never find the club in such trouble again, but the some ways there is still hard work ahead in terms of bringing more people through the gate on a regular bases. There were some suggestions on here worth considering, I hope they will be at least looked at.

Wouldn't know what deal was good enough to see Jorgensen sign on again, nor that of any other rider, but I am grateful he has and will have the kind of impact he had in 2016 that he had in 2015.

Very grateful to those who have stumped up the investment that sees Berwick stay on track, I hope we never find the club in such trouble again, but the some ways there is still hard work ahead in terms of bringing more people through the gate on a regular bases. There were some suggestions on here worth considering, I hope they will be at least looked at.

Wouldn't know what deal was good enough to see Jorgensen sign on again, nor that of any other rider, but I am grateful he has and will have the kind of impact he had in 2016 that he had in 2015.

Likewise, I think we are very fortunate to have a group of people prepared to keep speedway running in Berwick, and at a decent level too :approve:

Team sorted and approved on here. New manager appointed and approved. New directors added, bright outlook ahead.

What in the world are our critical 'fannies' going to find to complain about until March?

Perhaps the mods should lock the thread until March. Would that be ok for you?

• Like 2

Barrie or not?

Not...Mr Barrie doesn't use this forum, and describes many of its users as Fannies, something he has he has told us many times via his programme column.

While it's great to see the Bandits safe and sound for next season, I can't believe having six foreign riders and a make weight Brit is something to be proud of.

Everyone complains about the same riders being picked for Team GB SWC duty, but if the majority of PL teams continue to field 5 or 6 foreign riders then we're going to fall even further behind the Danes, Poles and Aussies.

I'm not trying to have a dig at Berwick honest, but please let's put the interests of our riders first before it's too late.

Not...Mr Barrie doesn't use this forum, and describes many of its users as Fannies, something he has he has told us many times via his programme column.

Yeah right...... :rolleyes:

While it's great to see the Bandits safe and sound for next season, I can't believe having six foreign riders and a make weight Brit is something to be proud of.

Everyone complains about the same riders being picked for Team GB SWC duty, but if the majority of PL teams continue to field 5 or 6 foreign riders then we're going to fall even further behind the Danes, Poles and Aussies.

I'm not trying to have a dig at Berwick honest, but please let's put the interests of our riders first before it's too late.

Okay then, so who would you have in the team instead?

Name 3 Brit Heat leaders for every PL team and you will find why foreigners are needed.
  • Like 4

Unfortunately, Berwick (and other teams in this part of the county) have found it difficult to persuade British riders to travel up here on a weekly basis, therefore it is often easier to sign a foreign rider (Michal Makovsky, Adrian Rymel, Josef Franc, Steen Jensen, Coty Garcia spring to mind straight away) to live in the area. It would be great to see Premier League teams with 1-7 British line ups, but for that to happen the sport must try and find a lot more young British riders. That is not going to happen overnight. Hopefully, the expanding National League will act as a stepping stone and new Youth initiatives being set up by Chris Louis will help.

This needed to be done years ago and the sport is seeing the consequences of this now. By bringing in more young local riders, this will hopefully go some way towards cutting costs and the more riders a country produces, the more likelihood there is of becoming a leading nation in the sport again.

Personally I would like to see some of the money invested being spent on a promotional push / advertising campaign, call it what you will. Hopefully the money will be used wisely to try and attract new fans and win back lapsed fans to the meetings. Hopefully by getting more fans in, this would stop the losses which got the club into financial trouble.

• Like 2

I can't name 3 British heat leaders for any club sadly which is kind of my point.

What I would do is stipulate that in 2017, each PL team should have 3 UK licensed riders with this rising to 4 per team in 2018.

What are the benefits? Hopefully a steady stream of talent making the jump from the NL to the PL which in turn frees up more spaces for novices in the lower league. The public also identify more with local riders (look at Eastbourne and Birmingham).

I'm all for a cosmopolitan league but there has to be a clear strategy and purpose.

Apologies for going off topic.

I don't have an issue with foreign riders at all they are making up the gaps that we can't fill anymore

That being said commited consistent guys have been replaced by a poorer one dimensional standard of rider i.e kindt bellego

the pl is now sadly full of these "type" of rider and they get team places every season