British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

Berwick V Sheffield - August 15th

@the_cookstar: 4 riders injured in 1 meeting and the home Captain says the tracks fine and even slick 😳 great job of looking out for everyone's safety ✊💦💦💦

Well the only way to describe tonights meeting is The Good ,The Bad & The Ugly . The good being heat 13 , The Bad being the injuries to all the riders and tthe Ugly being Josh Bates's atrocious. move on Liam Carr .A meeting that was always going to be tough was made near impossible after Liam's withdrawal but some how The Bandits managed to hang in there , mostly down to the awful performances of Klindt and Bellago . Its really strange that anyone who looks at the score chart will think that Edberg had a great night , how wrong could they be he was dog awful his attitude stinks

• Like 2

@the_cookstar: 4 riders injured in 1 meeting and the home Captain says the tracks fine and even slick 😳 great job of looking out for everyone's safety ✊💦💦💦

Hardly the tracks fault going by updates , one rider injured when fenced by Bates , nothing new there, another injured when Garrity crashes , nothing new there , a rider injured when he runs into a rider who loses a front chain , pure accident.

Junior

• Like 6

It seems that it never rains but it pours this season. Down to four fit riders by the end and one of those, Garcia, walking wounded after heat 1, to lose by a point was a hell of an effort. Carr and Thornblom out of the meeting neither of them at fault. Two cracking races between Cook and Doolan. Funny to see Cook was quick to take a hand shake from Doolan after winning heat 11, but Doolan almost had to wait 3/4 of a lap to get one off him after going round him in heat 13. Was shocked at Bellego and Kilndt (heat 14 apart) tonight, thought they would be a lot better. On the other hand I was impressed by Sissis.

Take the Sheffield fans away and there was another disappointing crowd there tonight. Beautiful night, no speedway for two weeks, no excuses. But not totally unexpected. Unless you are a speedway fan already, you wouldn't know there was a meeting on tonight.

I'll finish on a positive note, brilliant to see and hear Ricky Ashworth tonight. A penny for his thoughts when he was at the tapes tonight.

Hardly the tracks fault going by updates , one rider injured when fenced by Bates , nothing new there, another injured when Garrity crashes , nothing new there , a rider injured when he runs into a rider who loses a front chain , pure accident.

Junior

None of the injured riders due to the track. Spot on. Didn't hear any bitching after Cook broke the track record, three seconds faster than anything this season.

• Like 1

Junior

Cook breaks track record,Bates takes out Carr,Garrity pulls his massive locker and every body falls over him( he is a liability ) Jorgensen lost chain on run to 1st bends Sissis cannot avoid him.The track had a little dirt but was smooth and IMO had nothing to do with crashes.Best the track has been all season IMO .Bellego and Klindt looked like juniors.Times were the fastest of the season all meeting ,Cook really is a plonker of the 1st degree.Took the guest Booking though.
  • Like 5

More like the home captain beat him in a race he expected to win and he let his immaturity come to the fore yet again.

• Like 9

More like the home captain beat him in a race he expected to win and he let his immaturity come to the fore yet again.

Cook is either a wind-up merchant or very immature .I think it is the latter.
  • Like 3

Junior

He's just throwing a line out to see how many bites he gets , sitting back now and laughing at all the numpties throwing abuse at him as he blocks them

Honestly, I wasn't at this meeting but to say that Cook is a wind up merchant or immature is too much....he is an experienced rider and for him to make these claims then it should be heard! If Berwick are in trouble then maybe they should listen to the ones "at the top".

• Like 1

on the subject of the track it was interesting to note that most of the times where inside the previous fasted time of the season , not bad for a crap track

Honestly, I wasn't at this meeting but to say that Cook is a wind up merchant or immature is too much....he is an experienced rider and for him to make these claims then it should be heard! If Berwick are in trouble then maybe they should listen to the ones "at the top".

How does Liam Carr getting clattered into the fence by Bates ( who was never 100 % in control all night ) , as for Garrity its not if he comes off its when mean there's a problem

Edited by DSC67

What's that got to do with Cookie?

He's the one tweeting about the Track

• Like 4

Doolan is more expierianced than Cook so I will listen to him.
  • Like 5

Cook breaks track record,Bates takes out Carr,Garrity pulls his massive locker and every body falls over him( he is a liability ) Jorgensen lost chain on run to 1st bends Sissis cannot avoid him.The track had a little dirt but was smooth and IMO had nothing to do with crashes.Best the track has been all season IMO .Bellego and Klindt looked like juniors.Times were the fastest of the season all meeting ,Cook really is a plonker of the 1st degree.Took the guest Booking though.

You're not going to believe me: but, I completely agree with you. Absolutely spot on post.

For Cook to take half a second off the track record, then claim there is anything wrong with that track is absurd.

I think Cook has an elevator, it just doesn't go to the top floor...

• Like 2