British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

Berwick V Sheffield - August 15th

Has there ever been a precident where a team has refused to ride against another team because of a dangerous rider in the opposite team , damn sure if I was a rider I wouldn't want to go anywhere near Garrity , and sounds like Bates is heading the same way .

Junior

• Like 4

Not quite sure why Cook has to constantly use social media to dig at Berwick(and others)

If he has a problem maybe have a proper word the the people at that track that need to be told,

Doolans response to him on Twitter was spot on

Cook didn't fence anyone, bring anyone down or cause any injuries. A bad loser? He was on the winning side, only lost one race and lopped a chunk off the track record, but he moans about the track, which he always does and the flaming torches and pitchforks are out.

If I were a Berwick fan, Cook would be the least of my worries right now.

I understand the need to lash out, but for christs sake do it in the right direction. I saw a few things in that meeting I never want to see again and none of them involved Craig Cook.

• Like 3

Craig Cook takes himself to social media to have a dig at our captain for sticking up for the track and the track itself

What amuses me about Facebook and Twitter is those people like Cook, Linekar, Ferdinand, etc who make posts and actually think their opinion matters.

Do they think the rest of the World gives a flying whotsit, what they think?

Full of their own self importance, but in reality ... Nobodies, deluded.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 4

What amuses me about Facebook and Twitter is those people like Cook, Linekar, Ferdinand, etc who make posts and actually think their opinion matters.

Do they think the rest of the World gives a flying whotsit, what they think?

Full of their own self importance, but in reality ... Nobodies, deluded.

It does at Berwick because everyone reacts.

Edited by spin king

Cook doesn't show himself to be very bright. If he can only come up with the same thing every time, then it just becomes boring, and most people start to think his opinion is irrelevant.

General consensus seems to that he is just unpleasant. Doesn't take you very far once the sporting career expires.

• Like 5

It does at Berwick because everyone reacts.

Cook now making sarcastic remarks about the Berwick track and attendances.

Mind you in fairness to Cook, Ian Rae does have a right good go at him.

Not being there, I can only go on what I observe (from updates, and comments on here) and the track can hardly be blamed for any the injuries, can it?

Cook chomped half a second off the track record, and times were amazingly fast all night -- credit to those who reportedly spent a lot of time during the "down time" without a meeting to get in the way of their efforts.

Did Cook really spurn Doolan's offer of a handshake after he was passed on the last bend of a race? Oh dear.

Berwick clearly unlucky to lose Carr and Thornblom through no fault of their own and therefore have to face late races with one rider or the No 8. Had there been no two- or three-rider races, they would clearly have drawn, perhaps (probably) won.

It sounds as if it was pretty gripping stuff.

i look upon craig cook as the riders version of dick barrie. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 3

Cook didn't fence anyone, bring anyone down or cause any injuries. A bad loser? He was on the winning side, only lost one race and lopped a chunk off the track record, but he moans about the track, which he always does and the flaming torches and pitchforks are out.

If I were a Berwick fan, Cook would be the least of my worries right now.

I understand the need to lash out, but for christs sake do it in the right direction. I saw a few things in that meeting I never want to see again and none of them involved Craig Cook.

I don't carry a torch nor pitchfork for Cook bit maybe a bit conctructive criticism might be more suitable in future, he is IMO the best rider at PL level right now.

But you are right, another home defeat is what was required if we are to avoid dropping further down the league, losing riders didn't help of course.

i look upon craig cook as the riders version of dick barrie. :icon_smile_clown:

Best man in the league at what he does?

Doolans remarks about tracks and machinery should be listened to as it is spot on.

Best man in the league at what he does?

Yip,but never quite made it to the Top.
  • Like 2

Why Cook feels the need to publicly slate another club is beyond me really doesn't do himself any favours whatsoever, It wasn't that long ago he made comment about a Glasgow junior which he rightfully got slaughtered for and rightfully so.

But thinking about it if Cook had more that 2 brain cells think about how dangerous he could be on social media.

What is Hilarious is slating any track when he rides at Armadale.

Berwick do not have there problems to seek at the moment and don't need the likes off Cook rubbing there noses in it i really hope thing's go to plan and the Bandits can come out the other end, As a Glasgow fan i can relate to how the uncertainty must be affecting them as we have had it on a few occasions.

But Cook must remember this Edinburgh have had the begging bowl out for the last couple off seasons and if they didn't run next season he would have piss*d that many people off at premier league level that many may decide that he isn't worth the hassle if he was still wanting to ride this level.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

Not being there, I can only go on what I observe (from updates, and comments on here) and the track can hardly be blamed for any the injuries, can it?

Cook chomped half a second off the track record, and times were amazingly fast all night -- credit to those who reportedly spent a lot of time during the "down time" without a meeting to get in the way of their efforts.

Did Cook really spurn Doolan's offer of a handshake after he was passed on the last bend of a race? Oh dear.

Berwick clearly unlucky to lose Carr and Thornblom through no fault of their own and therefore have to face late races with one rider or the No 8. Had there been no two- or three-rider races, they would clearly have drawn, perhaps (probably) won.

It sounds as if it was pretty gripping stuff.

I think providing the fallen riders are not badly hurt, then yes, this meeting had everything.

I certainly don't think anyone present could say that it wasn't an entertaining meeting.

The atmosphere before heat 15 was electric. From where I was standing we gated on a 5-1 too.

Jorgensen certainly showing that he is easily worthy of the No1 position. He was excellent all night: as usual.

A stunning track record in heat 1. It really was that good.

I think that maybe shows why Cook will never be a World Champion. On a track that is able to produce such a time, and clearly with passing lines (Doolan proved that), he still cannot seem to get his head around it for the whole meeting.

Maybe his name is particularly apposite. A very good Cook, but by no means a Cordon Bleu Chef.

I have to agree with one of the other posters, however, Cook did nothing in the meeting that I was unhappy with. He rode Doolan hard - but fair - in both of their encounters: Doolan showing exceptional skill to win the second tussle. Doolan had to basically force him to shake pinkies by the time they got back to the pits! Those two duels, the track record, and the bottom lip going down all played big parts in an entertaining meeting. Give the lad credit where it's due.

Garrity is able to go fast, but looks as if he is riding out-with his limits.

Sissis took to the track very well and looked impressive.

Bates. I dread to think what could happen should he decide to make a move like that again in his career.

Disgraced himself, I am sorry to say :(

• Like 1

So Glasgow wouldn't take cookie if he was available?