British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn V Leicester 01/09/15

squeaky bum time at the NA... :oops::shock::P

lol why? ....cos we wont make the playoffs?? !! :rofl:

theres no way the current Stars team would have a hope in hell of winning anything even if they did somehow scrape through :nono:

the team we started the season with however would've been a different matter :t::sad:

Edited by Star Fever

:lol: that's what we deserved for sticking with a sh!+e team :rofl:

Well done the management team

Correct me if I'm wrong but you have the best home record in the Elite league,

Reserves made the difference again Stars 6 - Lions 14. Although Wilco deserved more for his efforts.

Rob dropped a bit of one in heat 6 - until that point Thorsell was only star looking like scoring other than NKI so should have given him a tactical while we had a chance, although guess he thought Bomber would win and that race then give it to NKI. Those extra 3 points would have made a difference....

Generally though Stars achilles heal of not being able to gate made the difference through most of the meeting as it was gate and go and hang on...

Thought Leicester would run us close but not bl00dy win :-(

We've still got a mathematical chance of play offs, but hopes are fading fast, but with this lot we'll get no further than the semi's anyway

• Like 1

Buster bitten for faffing around on his tractor when there should have been speedway racing back in July.

There didn't seem much difference in the track of ht 10 in the original meeting to the start of ht 1 in this meeting.The only thing different was Bomber replacing Doyle,and Bomber will race any conditions.

We were very slow starting tonight but got better.Conditions weren't ideal but hey all riders gave it their best shot.

One massive decision got wrong by Turnbull though which in the end cost Lynn the match.Heat 5 yes Porsing should have been excluded for his fall entering turn 1 of lap 3,but Wilkinson was an absolute mile ahead,well the length of the straight anyway why this wasn't awarded I will never know.

Oh well onwards and upwards I'm going for Lynn to win at Poole tomorrow night 60-30 so not to worry anyway :P

• Like 1

Great factoid!!!

If it's true, then it isn't a factoid. This is the definition of factoid:

An item of unreliable information that is reported and repeated so often that it becomes accepted as fact.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you have the best home record in the Elite league,

That means what exactly?

That means what exactly?

That most of your points were scored at home. Don't give up hope yet

Lynn have carried bjerre all season , any other side with ambitions of winning the league would have slung him 3 months ago, that's where the major problem lies, well done to Lester , tbh I want belle vue in the play offs as I think they've got a squeak of running someone close

Porsing and Bjerre should have been replaced- when Rory was injured we should have made 3 changes there and then .

In a year, when it was hoped to celebrate the Club’s 50th Anniversary in the sport with some success, it has ending up as nothing more than a Damp Squid. Disappointing, Lack Lustred, Uninspiring, there are many words to describe the way this team has performed of late and last night was only the final nail in the inevitable coffin.

Call it what you will, Fate, Fortune, Luck, all conspired to diminish the Stars efforts as ‘Also-Rans’. I wrote at the time the loss of Rory was massive. Not only our 2nd heat leader and Captain, but also the inspiration of the whole team. He was the motivator, Mr Team Spirit himself, and because he was never replaced, the team has descended from that point. Fortune again played its part with the loss of Lewis Kerr. Because of some pathetic ruling he couldn’t be replace. For any team to lose two of their top riders they would have struggle, and that’s the way it’s turned out.

Last night’s result was not important. We are far too weak to compete in the playoffs, and this result merely stops us from embarrassing ourselves against the stronger teams. Winning to me is not the be-all of everything, but I do demand effort. If rider’s, can’t be bothered than why should we. Last night’s meeting as a spectacle, excitement, competition, was poor. The track was even worse than the first meeting when the Referee deemed it was dangerous. Had the Ref had balls he would have seen through the antics of Doyle, and let the three riders at the tapes race to a conclusion. All he did was provide another twist of fate against this depleted side.

I congratulate the Lions on their win, but in all honesty, any team, would have beaten us. We were that poor. With the exception of Niels, the rest of the team wasn’t interested. Porsing always rides hot and cold, Lambert rode as though he had too, rather than wanting too, Morris was embarrassingly last every race, and Kenneth’s fall from grace is as spectacular as it is sad. Once a top rider, but now, only a shadow of his former self. That, coupled with some strange Referee decisions and a missed opportunity for Double Points, all of which conspired to this home defeat. If it wasn’t for the effort from our two guests the margin would have been much greater.

Fortunately, it was over in quick time. At the end, the atmosphere resembled a wake. The quietness was deafening. The supporters moved quietly to the Car Park in an orderly fashion. It was as though all had finally accepted our faint hopes of success had ended. Tonight result against Poole will only cement the inevitable.

It is sad, the way this season has ended, but in reality, our hopes of success ended the day Rory was injured.

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 1

In a year, when it was hoped to celebrate the Club’s 50th Anniversary in the sport with some success, it has ending up as nothing more than a Damp Squid. Disappointing, Lack Lustred, Uninspiring, there are many words to describe the way this team has performed of late and last night was only the final nail in the inevitable coffin.

Call it what you will, Fate, Fortune, Luck, all conspired to diminish the Stars efforts as ‘Also-Rans’. I wrote at the time the loss of Rory was massive. Not only our 2nd heat leader and Captain, but also the inspiration of the whole team. He was the motivator, Mr Team Spirit himself, and because he was never replaced, the team has descended from that point. Fortune again played its part with the loss of Lewis Kerr. Because of some pathetic ruling he couldn’t be replace. For any team to lose two of their top riders they would have struggle, and that’s the way it’s turned out.

Last night’s result was not important. We are far too weak to compete in the playoffs, and this result merely stops us from embarrassing ourselves against the stronger teams. Winning to me is not the be-all of everything, but I do demand effort. If rider’s, can’t be bothered than why should we. Last night’s meeting as a spectacle, excitement, competition, was poor. The track was even worse than the first meeting when the Referee deemed it was dangerous. Had the Ref had balls he would have seen through the antics of Doyle, and let the three riders at the tapes race to a conclusion. All he did was provide another twist of fate against this depleted side.

I congratulate the Lions on their win, but in all honesty, any team, would have beaten us. We were that poor. With the exception of Niels, the rest of the team wasn’t interested. Porsing always rides hot and cold, Lambert rode as though he had too, rather than wanting too, Morris was embarrassingly last every race, and Kenneth’s fall from grace is as spectacular as it is sad. Once a top rider, but now, only a shadow of his former self. That, coupled with some strange Referee decisions and a missed opportunity for Double Points, all of which conspired to this home defeat. If it wasn’t for the effort from our two guests the margin would have been much greater.

Fortunately, it was over in quick time. At the end, the atmosphere resembled a wake. The quietness was deafening. The supporters moved quietly to the Car Park in an orderly fashion. It was as though all had finally accepted our faint hopes of success had ended. Tonight result against Poole will only cement the inevitable.

It is sad, the way this season has ended, but in reality, our hopes of success ended the day Rory was injured.

Why is it embarrassing that Morris was last in his races?

Someone has to finish last, and with the lowest averaged rider on show, it was no major surprise it was him.

Good call by Lyon to get Thorssell in as a guest for Milik. Otherwise it would have been really messy!

Congrats to Leicester on their first away win

Bjerre is and has been a bit of a joke for a couple of seasons now...He will bottle it big time even if you do scrape into the playoffs...

He should retire and get a proper job in Santa's Grotto... or a pantomime! - High Hooooo!!! :D

Why no Tact ride in Heat 6.... Dear oh dear!!! :o

• Like 1

Bjerre is and has been a bit of a joke for a couple of seasons now...He will bottle it big time even if you do scrape into the playoffs...

He should retire and get a proper job in Santa's Grotto... or a pantomime! - High Hooooo!!! :D

Why no Tact ride in Heat 6.... Dear oh dear!!! :o

Because they were expecting Harris to win that race and do a tac in heat 7 but it backfired.

• Like 1