British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh Vs Newcastle Plkoc, Semi, 1st Leg, 4/9/2015

I don't really disagree with you Dave. The fast-track system in my opinion is only really papering over a massive crack with the lack of riders in the EL. The fast track riders only generally ride against each other and although they benefit from riding more frequently I'm not convinced it is making a big difference to quality or numbers.

Far better to have a fast-track system between the NL and PL. Seeing a number of quite frankly poor foreign riders riding at reserve in the PL is no good for anyone.

I'm aware there is excellent work done by the likes of yourself to give access and opportunity but that work relies on un-paid volunteers. It badly needs supported by quality coaching, centres of excellence etc to bring these kids on and give them a recognised path from beginner to international rider. What really does my head in is narrow minded decisions like not putting a GB team into the World Pairs and preventing riders competing in European Championship. Short sighted decision making that discourages GB riders.

Ok so many of my gripes probably sit more with the SCB or the wider sport, e.g. cost and rider safety which is a serious blocker but I still think that too many clubs in this country are only interested in themselves and not in the sport as a whole.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 4

I don't really disagree with you Dave. The fast-track system in my opinion is only really papering over a massive crack with the lack of riders in the EL. The fast track riders only generally ride against each other and although they benefit from riding more frequently I'm not convinced it is making a big difference to quality or numbers.

Far better to have a fast-track system between the NL and PL. Seeing a number of quite frankly poor foreign riders riding at reserve in the PL is no good for anyone.

I'm aware there is excellent work done by the likes of yourself to give access and opportunity but that work relies on un-paid volunteers. It badly needs supported by quality coaching, centres of excellence etc to bring these kids on and give them a recognised path from beginner to international rider. What really does my head in is narrow minded decisions like not putting a GB team into the World Pairs and preventing riders competing in European Championship. Short sighted decision making that discourages GB riders.

Ok so many of my gripes probably sit more with the SCB or the wider sport, e.g. cost and rider safety which is a serious blocker but I still think that too many clubs in this country are only interested in themselves and not in the sport as a whole.

I agree with your posts regarding the sport,unfortunately a lot of fans have deserted the sport for the reasons you mention IMO and won't be back.Young Brits should be Pl reserves and not 2nd rate foreigners.If a foreigner does not achieve his assessed starting average he should not be allowed back in Pl the following season.

I agree with your posts regarding the sport,unfortunately a lot of fans have deserted the sport for the reasons you mention IMO and won't be back.Young Brits should be Pl reserves and not 2nd rate foreigners.If a foreigner does not achieve his assessed starting average he should not be allowed back in Pl the following season.

Agreed, and see my previous post as to what is going on to stop the need for foreigners. Problem is already being tackled and has been for at least two years.

Agreed, and see my previous post as to what is going on to stop the need for foreigners. Problem is already being tackled and has been for at least two years.

Agree can see what's going on with young riders in Midlands and other venues but action has to be taken to get these riders in the PL.Years ago when it was tried and Boxall made a mockery of the averages they didn't know what to do.Imo grading riders would be a better way than averages.I have always said IMO averages are killing the sport.I know we need some control regarding riders though.

Just for Tsunami, I was going to say this was an "against the odds" win for the Monarchs - but I won't! Chatzone rambings were -

Well Monarchs eventually grabbed a decent lead against the patched -up Diamonds who's only luck for most of the night was bad. After 7 heats we were only 8 points ahead until four 5-1's extended the gap. Diamonds responded by reducing the deficit by 2 in the last four races when they finally got some luck.

However more importantly, I'm sure we all hope that Matthew isn't too bad and that he recovers quickly, always looks bad when a rider comes down on the straight, speedy recovery.

For Monarchs, Immodium Cook started like a jet plane, I think he may have been distracted by the red lights of the ambulance in ht 6 or he was adjusting his nappy? Poor Craig! I thought it should have been all four back in ht 13 but the ref disagreed! Justin was immaculate until missing the gate in heat 15. ditto for Kevin! Sam's still struggling with his hand but posted a great return, especially winning the ht 13 re-run. Eric took two races to get going before being unbeaten, albeit with lucky 2nd in ht 9 when Lindgren fell chasing 007.

Max and Rob had good nights, both picking up paid wins with Max's being very impressive in ht 11 beating Stevie.

For Newcastle, very difficult with a patched up 6 man team, Carr in for a heat leader then losing Matthew in his first race. But they certainly never gave up. Stevie tried hard before some reward in ht 15, Rosen looked tidy enough picking up good points against our lower three, Lindgren had a great win over Sam and a good ht 15, Nielson scored well from reserve but was a bit up and down. Finally, well done to Liam Carr, more impressive every time I see him- he deserved more points than the one he got in heat 5 beating Riss, he was nearly ahead of Sam off bend 2 in ht 11.

So a 22 point lead, should be plenty for the return, hopefully Newcastle are near full strength for it.

• Like 2

Not too bad of a scoreline given the circumstances,,, the decision to omit Lewis Rose may prove to be costly, but isn't hindsight a marvellous thing ;)

Should be enough to see us through to the final. Just a shame that at this current time of the season we might not have a meeting next week as certain teams don't want to come a ride.

Should be enough to see us through to the final. Just a shame that at this current time of the season we might not have a meeting next week as certain teams don't want to come a ride.

And Edinburgh bend over backwards to accommodate everyone else. :o Aye right.

• Like 2

No Glasgow just have to play fair. Rather than delaying until Edinburgh are without 3 riders.

I'd like to hear the Glasgow Promotion deny that is their tactics. Will only be proven by early agreement of fixtures.

Well you didn't want to come yesterday if you beat Newcastle (thankfully you didn't) because you didn't have Sarjeant. He is available next week and you still refuse to come, holding out till the end of the season when Sam and Justin go away to the GP. It's Pathtic.

Yeh right. Tero has been riding with broken ribs for several weeks now. Anybody who stands near the pits will visibly see how much pain he has been in after races. Two meetings on the same day not surprisingly took its toll. He's done amazingly well to score the points he has.

Fit enough to ride in Finland today though

• Like 2

Well you didn't want to come yesterday if you beat Newcastle (thankfully you didn't) because you didn't have Sarjeant. He is available next week and you still refuse to come, holding out till the end of the season when Sam and Justin go away to the GP. It's Pathtic.

Holding out until Nieminen has a competitive run out which will be Rye House home the following Sunday. By then who we get in the play offs should be clearer. If it doesnt suit Glasgow why would they agree to it. Sarjeant at Armadale is neither here nor there. Fill the blank fixture with the Scottish Open.

• Like 2

tyretrax, didn't you know the Glory Hunters, at all times, prioritise the best interests of the sport over themselves.

Tut, tut. :nono:

• Like 1

This is where BSPA shud step in. Have a look at both teams fixtures and set the date (ideally have it planned in advance). IMO should be decided at start of season, PT final completed by Aug, KO Sep and PlayOff Oct. These finals shud over rule other fixtures until they are finished.

If it screws over Edin then so be it.

• Like 1

Fit enough to ride in Finland today though

If that is true then sorry that is shocking and makes a total mockery of the paying fan

Edited by acclennell