British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Rye House V Peterborough 7th September.

Good team performance and the damage was done in the first few heats, very impressive showing from Grondal who hadn't seen the place before but everyone chipped in with good points and the result never looked in doubt.

Crowd didn't look very good and Peterborough fans accounted for a third of them.

just what we needed with the play offs looming - Grondal at reserve could be the making of us!! :t:

I said we'd lose, but not by that much. Season can't end soon enough. I hope lessons have been learned re make up of the team for next year, especially at the lower end

Damage was done when Luke quit out of the blue and was replaced with Greenwood at the start of the season.

Damage was done when Luke quit out of the blue and was replaced with Greenwood at the start of the season.

The kids a trier, but not PL class. You need at least one decent reserve if you're top heavy. No support at all for Kennett, Lambert & Jakobsen. They must be as frustrated as we are. I love watching Kasper ride, but his inability to gate is costing us valuable points, especially when the tracks dry and slick and passing is more difficult

Edited by Shads

If what I've been told is true then I understand why he quit !

The kids a trier, but not PL class. You need at least one decent reserve if you're top heavy. No support at all for Kennett, Lambert & Jakobsen. They must be as frustrated as we are. I love watching Kasper ride, but his inability to gate is costing us valuable points, especially when the tracks dry and slick and passing is more difficult

Have to agree with you about Luke - have missed a lot of meetings this year and I found last night boring with the gate and go racing - probs won't go anymore this year

I think Barker was upset with Kennett when he caught Ben's left leg coming out of the 4th bend !

If what I've been told is true then I understand why he quit !

One of those posts which says something but tells you nothing :o

• Like 2

Didn't present much of a problem to Thomsen, he gave the Rockets pair 15m start in heat 8 and passed them both on the first lap, now that's something you don't see very often at Rye.

• Like 2

Didn't present much of a problem to Thomsen, he gave the Rockets pair 15m start in heat 8 and passed them both on the first lap, now that's something you don't see very often at Rye.

An NL rider and a bloke racing with a shoulder injury. Marvellous
  • Like 1

An NL rider and a bloke racing with a shoulder injury. Marvellous

i gave rye a miss last night shads, and went to watch the raiders at kent instead. What a bunch of triers these boys are, they have been like a breath of fresh air at the launch pad this season.

i gave rye a miss last night shads, and went to watch the raiders at kent instead. What a bunch of triers these boys are, they have been like a breath of fresh air at the launch pad this season.

Yeah, I noticed you'd gone on another thread. I've really enjoyed watching em too. Going to Mildenhall Sunday

One of those posts which says something but tells you nothing :o

Can't repeat what you've been told unless you can prove it's actual fact - my source is not 100% reliable and tends to add a few sentences ;)

Edited by DragonsDen

Can't repeat what you've been told unless you can prove it's actual fact - my source is not 100% reliable and tends to add a few sentences ;)

Of course you can. You just add that proviso or similar to careful wording. Best not to dangle the carrot at all really from unreliable sources. Depends on your agenda (not you personally, just generally speaking) in the first place - jeez, that's a bit heavy for a Weds afternoon :D

If what I've been told is true then I understand why he quit!

If it was that he accepted his normal deal with Len & then found later that (some of) his team mates were on all sorts of new management sanctioned extras then I think that's pretty close to the truth.

The team was poor, very poor before the season even started, Luke quitting was a very small factor in the grand scheme of things!

• Like 1