British Speedway Forum
Steve0

Posf1 - Belle Vue Aces Vs Swindon Robins, 14 Sep 2015

I see that both Belle Vue and Coventry are running coaches for their away legs.

I am surprised Swindon didn't do the same

Noticed Swindon are now 12/1 with the bookies to win the league. Might still be worth something.

I put a bet on them at the start of the season when they were 23/1.

I backed Belle Vue to win the title before a wheel turned, they were 5/1 and were still @ 5/1 prior to last nights meeting, 13/8 now.

I never understand how Batchelor is always made captain. Not the best team player.

With rain forecast Monday morning & early afternoon, the track could be a bit wetter than usual in the evening. I can't see Troy being very motivated by that.

What ? it's Tuesday morning and you giving weather forcasts for 6 days later !

• Like 5

Standard stuff....weather predictions, Bathcelor mindset predictions and pointing out that we only won a previous meeting due to a rider of the opposition being off form and only scoring 2....failing to mention that Troy was still carrying an injury and only scored 4 in the same meeting!

• Like 1

That was a load of rubbish,track prep was poor even with excuses for weather ,only one racing line,slick as the M6.Elite League though must be good!!!!!!!!!

That was a load of rubbish,track prep was poor even with excuses for weather ,only one racing line,slick as the M6.Elite League though must be good!!!!!!!!!

With rain forecast all evening the track prep was spot on, we lucky rain didnt come till after 9.00 as it was forecast at 8.00. Wasn't one line either there was several heats with passing but it was all BV riders doing the passing when didn't gate, we can't help it that Belle Vue were gating well most of the time and the Swindon riders had no fight at all.

You can get forecasts for weeks ahead if you look!

You can get forecasts for weeks ahead if you look!

Yea and they are likely to be wrong or be changed in that time .I reckon it might snow in march .

• Like 1

Enjoyed watching AJ in an Aces race jacket last night. From heat one, he was riding different lines to the rest. It reminded me of Crumpy in his pomp at Kirky Lane. Hopefully we can keep up our record of scoring 40 or more on the road as it would see us through to the final.

That's the beauty of the pokc,

Or as every other sane person calls them, the play offs.

:rofl: :rofl:

It must have very disappointing for the Swindon management to see very few fans at KL last night, although I do accept that the weather forecast was a little discouraging. There were loads of BV fans at Wolves last week, me included, and that did not go unnoticed to the team and also the management. Sadly I will not be going to Swindon next Monday, (where I lived for five years in the early seventies) due to having not enough annual leave spare. A place in the final is ours to lose, but anything could happen in the return leg on Monday. Hopefully we will book our spot in the final as we await our opponents, how ironic would it be for us to potentially stop Poole from nearly equalling our triple crown?. Aces til I die.

I enjoyed it,even although the track was slick the riders could try any moves without fear of hitting ruts and taking off.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the meeting. At last You are coming round to the great and glorious play-offs, that most fans enjoy!

• Like 1

Well done to all those at KL that purchased the #DW43 wristbands. Rosco reports £400 raised (despite all the booing!!).

Edited by Skidder1

great performance by the Aces, it appeared that Swindon had one too many show ponies who didn't turn up when it really mattered!

Besides the fact I've been agreeing with the pokc sycophants for years over the two good but overdone points of the pokc (because I am able to appreciate both points of view unlike a few bigoted morons who can't) you do need to be a bit of a detective to get the main point of the post you quoted, therefore that I'm afraid is a whoosh.

Lol!

I was just delighted that you enjoyed it. Lol.

I enjoyed it,even although the track was slick the riders could try any moves without fear of hitting ruts and taking off.

what like Morris did in heat 3?

Nice to see so many sycophants at KL last night? normally when Belle Vue on Sky on it looks like a trailer for One Man and his dog.