British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Nope. As I said yesterday there was overnight rain but no puddles left in morning and light rain off and on in the morning.

im from the Wisbech area and we had some heavy showers morning and afternoon and at the time I was thinking that sky had made the right call but if you say Kings Lynn missed most of that then that's typical Sod's law I suppose

Forecast for tomorrow isn't to great but Kings Lynn haven't postponed tomorrow's Young Stars meeting yet.

• Like 5

Forecast for tomorrow isn't to great but Kings Lynn haven't postponed tomorrow's Young Stars meeting yet.

Have Sky?

• Like 1

Strange that the KL website has no mention of the postponed meeting, the report is still there about the forthcoming match against Coventry on April 4th and the fixture/result list just have a blank beside the April 4th Coventry entry. All about the Young Stars tonight but the rest of the site looks like it has gone back to the pre-postponement. Just gets stranger and stranger.

If The GENTleman who was maintaining the website has parted company with Buster, then hardly surprising if there is limited Website activity

An update about the comings and goings and the reason for the Coventry fixture on Monday being called off wouldn't go amiss it's Thursday tomorrow and still we wait .

Edited by Haza
  • Like 3

An update about the comings and goings and the reason for the Coventry fixture on Monday being called off wouldn't go amiss it's Thursday tomorrow and still we wait .

that's modern day speedway PR for you!

Monday was called off because the forecast was that of rain.

On Monday night, it was raining. Saved me a 2 hour long round trip and a mad rush after work.

Also, I've noticed that all the cool looking marketing comms on social media have dried up since Marc Gent left which is a shame.

On Monday night, it was raining.

Actually it wasn't raining on Monday evening.

• Like 1

On Monday night, it was raining. Saved me a 2 hour long round trip and a mad rush after work.

Also, I've noticed that all the cool looking marketing comms on social media have dried up since Marc Gent left which is a shame.

which is ridiculous, considering i just made this in about 10 minutes.

http://imgur.com/UvBQZF8

not great image quality, but you get the idea

Double header next Wednesday it is. Lets hope the weather warms up by then, as it could well be a long night.

Dried up? Twitter and Facebook has been full of Stars news this week. Far more than when Gent was around.

Can't say whether that's Gent's fault or whether the club are making a point.

Either way, this week has been an improvement for communication imo

• Like 1

Just tried logging onto the Club web-site and received a message that it is undergoing re-construction...