British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Well done to Robert at last nights British Final a great performance and if his gate draw had been a bit better could easily have won it. Nice to see him being competitive out of the starts whichever gate he had.

Team GB at the World Cup with no bomber could be a possibility now after King Cook and Lamberts showing last night. Those three plus Tai would probably be our youngest team ever at a World Cup. Did think that Rossiter might be tempted to put Robert at reserve but surely not now.

Lambert obvious choice for reserve if the reserve can slot into races at any point if one of the team is off form - I'm not sure on the rules on that one

Lambert obvious choice for reserve if the reserve can slot into races at any point if one of the team is off form - I'm not sure on the rules on that one

Can only replace an injured / ill rider at the discretion of the event doctor in the SWC.

Lambert would be wasted as an U21 reserve, already to good for that position

Woffinden

King

Cook

Lambert

has to be the 4

• Like 2

Can only replace an injured / ill rider at the discretion of the event doctor in the SWC.

Woffinden

King

Cook

Lambert

has to be the 4

It's a no brainer really - seems to be those 4 are the obvious picks on current and BV form Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Woffinden

King

Cook

Lambert

has to be the 4

I agree - wasn't sure of the rules for reserve if that's the case he will be in the top 4 - id say Cook Lambert and Woofinden are dead cert not so sure about King though I'd not rule out Harris or Nichols .

Would bet a few quid on Rosco sticking Harris in the line up. Cook Tai and Lambert are shoe in's.

• Like 1

Tough decision for rosco ,as most seem to agree on 3 the last place between King on last nights performance but wasn't being considered before it, bomber who as never let us down but was woeful last night or Nicholls who should be considered for home track knowledge and experience but asnt wanted to know for the past few years. Myself I'd go for.............no idea tbh!!!!!! Let see the form of all 3 over the next few weeks

On another point I reckon the rule on the reserve is daft, make it you can use him for an out of form rider if you want. Just being able to use them for injury is open to abuse just like we saw a few years ago

Wrong thread. Doh!

King doesn't deserve to be in team just because he won British championship! Been poor all season getting overhyped big time

King doesn't deserve to be in team just because he won British championship! Been poor all season getting overhyped big time

He's been poor at the start of the season due to the anxiety of the upcoming birth of his child. He is more relaxed now and enjoying his speedway again. He has been great at Brandon, it's away he's been poor. However it's how he is at Belle Vue & his form nearer the time that counts

Still doesn't deserve to be in the team Steve Worral deserves it more!

Worrall is a good rider but there is a difference beating reserves & 2nd strings most weeks and beating riders like Pawlicki, NKI, Pedersen & Doyle. I guess we will have a better idea now he's in the aces main team. Look at Ellis & Tunagte, they can score 15 at reserve but put them against stronger riders in the main team and they score no more than 3.

Team GB at the World Cup with no bomber could be a possibility now after King Cook and Lamberts showing last night. Those three plus Tai would probably be our youngest team ever at a World Cup. Did think that Rossiter might be tempted to put Robert at reserve but surely not now.

Average age of that team would be 25 which is not particularly young. The world team cup winning side of 77 was a year younger on average, I suspect other years younger still.

Some help would be much appreciated!

What are the track widths and banking percentages at the Norfolk Arena. Was reading rulebooks and they set limits. Comparing that to the stories from the KL track I started to wonder whats going on...

Troy and kai need to be gone.Mads is past his best.Batch is scoring abroad.Must be on a set fee

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

Troy and kai need to be gone.Mads is past his best.

bring back Kenneth I say he'd out score Mads or Troy and certainly Huckenbeck - I'd even consider Porsing as well . Changes are needed or the crowd size tonight will be normal .
  • Like 2