British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Niels caused a lots of headaches delaying his decision to ride. Had we known early enough we could have had better cover. Appreciate him helping out like he has, but we need riders, who are prepared to give 100% to the club all the time, and not just when it suit their schedule.......

He & Doyle are still head & shoulders above any other EL rider this year. I suspect he will have a GP sized hole in his schedule next year, so will be keen to ride.

• Like 1

no idea what sort of league structure there will be next year, but wouldnt mind seeing something like this.

1. Iversen

2. Batchelor

3. Lambert

4. Thomsen

5. Harris

6. Bates

7. Rose

I would keep Lewis Rose, Robert Lambert & Simon Lambert from this years squad, and try and build up from there. I'd also keep Niels if there was a 100% commitment from him, but the rest I would replace.

But to be honest, I'll be surprised if next years league structure will be very much like this years, because it's just not workable anymore.

I was at the Scunthorpe v Newcastle meeting on Monday, and that was all done and dusted in 1 hour 30 minutes, which to my mind, is plenty long enough to keep people hanging around.

• Like 1

I was at the Scunthorpe v Newcastle meeting on Monday, and that was all done and dusted in 1 hour 30 minutes, which to my mind, is plenty long enough to keep people hanging around.

Polonia Bydgoszcz v Lokomotiv Daugavpils on Sunday took less than 70 minutes, all 15 heats, extensive track watering & grading every 3rd heat. Not a single rerun. Quite refreshing.

no idea what sort of league structure there will be next year, but wouldnt mind seeing something like this.

1. Iversen

2. Batchelor

3. Lambert

4. Thomsen

5. Harris

6. Bates

7. Rose

If the EL is still around in 2017 the structure of the teams will be stronger than that.

There may be less GP riders around but the reserves will be stronger as the BSPA are looking to ditch the 'EDR' system.

1 or 2 promoters have said it's "run it's course" and the next batch of British riders ain't there to choose from.

Have to wait and see what comes out the AGM as 2017 is way up in the air right now

I doubt Neils will be back in the UK next year.

Lambo is a must.

Rose is ok.

I'd go from there.

Even Batch on a 5.5 av...No thanks

Edited by Bald Bloke

First of all apologies to anyone who thinks I'm abusing the forum but I'm hoping somebody on here can give me some advice.

I attended the abandoned Kings Lynn v Swindon meeting on 20th July and given that I was not going to be able to make the rearranged date ( I live in Chippenham which is 20 miles east of Swindon so Saddlebow Road is a once a year trip at best) I took up the club's offer of a refund of admission.

This offer was confirmed by a member of staff at the track on the night and confirmed when I emailed Kings Lynn Speedway and the stadium manager advised me to send in 'a copy of the ticket and full postal address' and I would receive a cheque in the post. I did this at the beginning of August but so far have received nothing.

I've emailed the Stadium Manager twice since but had no response.

Should I now try and ring the stadium or write a letter addressed to Buster? Grateful for any advice from Lynn fans.

Nathan has been on his hols this month, I'd ring the stadium tomorrow, u should get him .....

Nathan has been on his hols this month, I'd ring the stadium tomorrow, u should get him .....

thanks Trees, I'll give the stadium a ring tomorrow. :t:

On the team front for 2017 will we have the same pulling power as before ?? The track is going down hill and can't see Rob Lyon there next year and from what I gather Dale Allitt does not hold the same esteem as Rob Lyon does with the riders. So I think it will be harder to attract the riders like they use too. 2017 will be make or break I think for Kingslynn and Buster

I doubt Neils will be back in the UK next year.

Without a GP spot he will.

On the team front for 2017 will we have the same pulling power as before ?? The track is going down hill and can't see Rob Lyon there next year and from what I gather Dale Allitt does not hold the same esteem as Rob Lyon does with the riders. So I think it will be harder to attract the riders like they use too. 2017 will be make or break I think for Kingslynn and Buster

if its break can see Buster either selling up or bringing in the Tarmac machine .

if its break can see Buster either selling up or bringing in the Tarmac machine .

plus we had a ready made replacement for Rob in Rory until Buster pissed him off Edited by Haza

plus we had a ready made replacement for Rob in Rory until Buster pissed him off

You say that (Rory as replacement for Rob Lyon) But team manager can't be that well paid?

And I'm sure Rory still needs to earn a decent wage?

Rather than Buster worrying about the make up of next years team he needs to get back to basics and sort out a track that will produce entertaining racing, and get it back to where it once was.

You say that (Rory as replacement for Rob Lyon) But team manager can't be that well paid?

And I'm sure Rory still needs to earn a decent wage?

I hope that both Rob and Dale are still involved in their current roles next season. However, if that wasn't to be the case, then how about Colin Pratt who lives in the town.