British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

I think it works for some teams to drop down to PL but although a lot have complained that the racing is worse now, would it be any better in PL because thats why fans turn up.

I think regular fixtures and fewer guests and R/R would be a big attraction too. Not saying that it would be like it was 2003-10 but they were great times with a proper team spirit and a feel good factor around the club even though the racing wasnt always great.

• Like 1

I think regular fixtures and fewer guests and R/R would be a big attraction too. Not saying that it would be like it was 2003-10 but they were great times with a proper team spirit and a feel good factor around the club even though the racing wasnt always great.

There isn't fewer guests R/R in the current PL though due to rule changes from when we were last in that league.

To start the season we'd be fine with all our own assets but it's when injuries occur.

Employing assets of EL teams or riders already riding for EL teams would see the usual guest R/R problem.

Also, already pointed out that the feel good factor we had in the PL was created & built by JC.

Apart from probably just 1-2££ cheaper nothing much would be different to the current atmosphere problems around the stadium we already have.

Also the regular race night is a bit of a myth.

This season we'll of had 14 home fixtures, the PL fixtures are the same number, including their League Cup competition.

What needs sorting above everything next season regardless of what league we're in its how to make the supporter's feel part of the club again.

The Club enjoyed some very successful days in The Prem, but in the end it went very stale. Fans were asking for Elite League Speedway ( me included) and got it. Now after a few years back in the Elite that now feels very stale. Riders coming in ( sometimes) doing their job ( sometimes) then off to the next gig.

If things have gone stale then time to change it again. Buster, or rather his boy saw the writing on the wall and was quick to react. Will Buster be that quick this time ?

The Premier League is in as much do do as the EL!!

Littered with guests, same number of doublers (obviously!!!) Random abscences, irregular fixture list, average manipulation, it's a league full of journeyman, failed EL riders and mediocre foreigners, with the token young British rider is an afterthought....

The whole EL/PL needs a major restructure, with Strict regulations on team building and race nights...

+ tons of other stuff..

• Like 2

The Premier League is in as much do do as the EL!!

Littered with guests, same number of doublers (obviously!!!) Random abscences, irregular fixture list, average manipulation, it's a league full of journeyman, failed EL riders and mediocre foreigners, with the token young British rider is an afterthought....

The whole EL/PL needs a major restructure, with Strict regulations on team building and race nights...

+ tons of other stuff..

While i agree with most of your post.When you say the PL is full of journeyman,failed EL riders and mediocre foreigners,i could bet you that 75% of the EL is made up of the PL riders or ones that started off in the PL.This will always happen as it's part of progression in some riders minds.

Look at the current SGP riders i think at least 6 started at PL level.

Batch now has a 4.96 average! Bargain for team building next year. I'm sure he will have plenty of offers on the table.

Where do you get that average from? Are you keeping your own spreadsheet, cos it still says 5.49 on the latest BSPA averages!? (I realise that doesn't include this week's score)

Where do you get that average from? Are you keeping your own spreadsheet, cos it still says 5.49 on the latest BSPA averages!? (I realise that doesn't include this week's score)

Kings Lynn website.

Kings Lynn website.

I never believe the club website averages - they hardly ever agree with the official BSPA ones - Poole included!!

Many clubs try to update averages after every meeting which is laudible, but the only figures that matter are the BSPA averages which are updated officially every 2 weeks.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Suspect that is his current year average then, not his rolling average.

According the website that is his current rolling GSA.It is also his current year average but he has done 19 matches and it is the last 20 matches that count towards your GSA.So basically his rolling average and his year average will be the same anyway.

According the website that is his current rolling GSA.It is also his current year average but he has done 19 matches and it is the last 20 matches that count towards your GSA.So basically his rolling average and his year average will be the same anyway.

Got to be sailing close on being able to get a visa renewal if it's that low

Kings Lynn website.

They are completely incompetent with everything else so why do you think they are capable of getting that right? :cry:

So the Stars still in the EL for 2017 then?!

Looks like that.... Can't see how a competitive team is going to be put together unless the rules for the elite league change to water it down to a level where it is basically a 45 point premier league.

Also sounds like changes on the PR side and track preparation are in the pipeline.

• Like 1