British Speedway Forum
Terrace Grumbler

Newcastle Announcement 27 September

It was revealed tonight that an announcement about Newcastle speedway will be made at the meeting on 27 September and will not be leaked to the press beforehand.

Ruffdiamond says he doesn't know what it is ; Dantodan probably reckons he'll become in the know in the next fortnight but isn't yet ;-) ; Tsunami probably knows but ain't saying...and I have no idea at all.

Idle speculation on the terraces that it is curtains made my daughter cry. To cheer her up we speculated that it may be :

1. We're going EL next year with Nicki P at No. 1;

2. We're going NL and Banger is coming out of retirement to ride No. 1;

3. The club will become a public company and will have to raise £x to ensure its future

4. William Hill are to take over, the club will be called Newcastle Dogs and Golden Miller will come out of retirement to ride at No. 1.

Haway boys and girls. Can you second guess George?

• Like 1

Hoping for a "Twin" announcement?

• Like 1

It was revealed tonight that an announcement about Newcastle speedway will be made at the meeting on 27 September and will not be leaked to the press beforehand. Ruffdiamond says he doesn't know what it is ; Dantodan probably reckons he'll become in the know in the next fortnight but isn't yet ;-) ; Tsunami probably knows but ain't saying...and I have no idea at all. Idle speculation on the terraces that it is curtains made my daughter cry. To cheer her up we speculated that it may be : 1. We're going EL next year with Nicki P at No. 1; 2. We're going NL and Banger is coming out of retirement to ride No. 1; 3. The club will become a public company and will have to raise £x to ensure its future 4. William Hill are to take over, the club will be called Newcastle Dogs and Golden Miller will come out of retirement to ride at No. 1. Haway boys and girls. Can you second guess George?

Welcome to the club. Berwick ,Scunthorpe and now Newcastle fans are left up in the air about 2016, lets all hope that all 3 run next year.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club. Berwick ,Scunthorpe and now Newcastle fans are left up in the air about 2016, lets all hope that all 3 run next year.

Probably a few more you can add to that list. Must be only a handful of clubs who are certain of running next year.

It was revealed tonight that an announcement about Newcastle speedway will be made at the meeting on 27 September and will not be leaked to the press beforehand. Ruffdiamond says he doesn't know what it is ; Dantodan probably reckons he'll become in the know in the next fortnight but isn't yet ;-) ; Tsunami probably knows but ain't saying...and I have no idea at all. Idle speculation on the terraces that it is curtains made my daughter cry. To cheer her up we speculated that it may be : 1. We're going EL next year with Nicki P at No. 1; 2. We're going NL and Banger is coming out of retirement to ride No. 1; 3. The club will become a public company and will have to raise £x to ensure its future 4. William Hill are to take over, the club will be called Newcastle Dogs and Golden Miller will come out of retirement to ride at No. 1. Haway boys and girls. Can you second guess George?

Think you mean Mick the Miller. Golden Miller was a horse.

Hopefully it will be news of an early signing....

Newcastle and Berwick to amalgamate

Team to be called Bercastle Diadits.

Racing venue; Berwick/ Newcastle.

First signing Alex Edberg (his dad will provide the team with new race suits)

Rumoured further signings, 6 more Swedes (for away matches at Sheffield, Redcar and Ipswich the team will run with 6 Guest riders and Rider Replacement)

Tsunami to continue his training school bu only for young Swedish riders (Ludvig Lindgren to give Tsunami Swedish lessons over the winter).

Team Manager; Tsunami if he passes his Swedish GCE.

• Like 5

A thought we were gonna be the Newick Bandamonds and, 'Captain Lightning' was gonna be made freeman of the city,,, :)

Oh,,, and 'Dave' is gonna get a new/er jacket, maybe 1 from this millenium ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

Newcastle and Berwick to amalgamate

Team to be called Bercastle Diadits.

Racing venue; Berwick/ Newcastle.

First signing Alex Edberg (his dad will provide the team with new race suits)

Rumoured further signings, 6 more Swedes (for away matches at Sheffield, Redcar and Ipswich the team will run with 6 Guest riders and Rider Replacement)

Tsunami to continue his training school bu only for young Swedish riders (Ludvig Lindgren to give Tsunami Swedish lessons over the winter).

Team Manager; Tsunami if he passes his Swedish GCE.

Being a Geordie, I struggle with English. :P

• Like 4

A thought we were gonna be the Newick Bandamonds and, 'Captain Lightning' was gonna be made freeman of the city,,, :)

Oh,,, and 'Dave' is gonna get a new/er jacket, maybe 1 from this millenium ;)

to late we are now going to be the berwinburgh banarchs
  • Like 3

to late we are now going to be the berwinburgh banarchs

well I hope were not joining up with the Bears instead :(

• Like 1

well I hope were not joining up with the Bears instead :(

Newcar 'Diars'.

or

Redcastle 'Beamonds'.

Interesting names - but not sure they'd work. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

• Like 1

Newcar 'Diars'.