British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

Ben was offerd decent money, sponsorship, and use of private house and workshop. Panthers run on a tighter budget and couldnt match that so wished him well for the future.

and as many sugar dummies as he could suck on. .. there was me thinking only footballers were offered houses and stuff. facu,s cash wont last long at that rate .

and as many sugar dummies as he could suck on. .. there was me thinking only footballers were offered houses and stuff. facu,s cash wont last long at that rate .

Don`t think Glasgow are actually giving Barker a house, just somewhere to stay when to cover his Glasgow meetings, I don`t think Glasgow would be the first team to provide accommodation for one of their riders.

• Like 3

Don`t think Glasgow are actually giving Barker a house, just somewhere to stay when to cover his Glasgow meetings, I don`t think Glasgow would be the first team to provide accommodation for one of their riders.

There has always been accommodation available for as long as i can remember for any riders that wish to use as you say not a new thing or unheard off.

Pretty sure Berwick speedway under Peter Waite used to provide accommodation for two or three of their overseas riders during the season.

I don't begrudge Glasgow pouring money into speedway. It keeps another club from closing, but it also gives some small minded people a stick to beat them with.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 3

I don't begrudge Glasgow pouring money into speedway. It keeps another club from closing, but it also gives some small minded people a stick to beat them with.

Absolutely. Whats is happening at Glasgow is great news for speedway but unfortunately it brings out that great British trait of being jealous of others' success in quite a few posters.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Berwick speedway under Peter Waite used to provide accommodation for two or three of their overseas riders during the season.

Absolutely, I think Peter provided accommodation for Rymel, Makovsky and Franc when they first came over, as do the current promotion with Garcia for example last season.

Remember it, didn't bother me then doesn't bother me now.

I think that I've made my point and quite (Frankly)have nothing more to add to this subject.

Absolutely, I think Peter provided accommodation for Rymel, Makovsky and Franc when they first came over, as do the current promotion with Garcia for example last season.

Was it not in the nearby caravan park they were housed, screm.

Was it not in the nearby caravan park they were housed, screm.

When our Czech trio first came over they had an apartment along the river front, I think after that Rymel and Franc had a flat near the docks with Malovsky getting accommodation from a sponsor.

When our Czech trio first came over they had an apartment along the river front, I think after that Rymel and Franc had a flat near the docks with Malovsky getting accommodation from a sponsor.

Thanks. I thought Michael M was in a caravan.

That was my understanding of Panther2006's post - and most others on here I imagine so well said.

That's True. As Rick Frost said, when did I buy a *** guest house?

I think that I've made my point and quite (Frankly)have nothing more to add to this subject.

What's the point? :neutral:

That was my understanding of Panther2006's post - and most others on here I imagine so well said.

Most riders are offered a room in someones house. normally by friends of the club/team manager/promoter ect.. Ben has a private house to stay in instead of sharing which i assume is owned buy one of the guys running Glasgow speedway