British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

I think once dialled in Porsing will be a real revelation around P'Boro. It moves Ostergaard out of the No.1 jacket and he seems to prosper further down with less pressure. Busk Jakobsen is one of the signings of the season. Then you will always have one of Palm Toft, Lambert or Grondal as a joker reserve with the other two making up a solid engine room and Perry will be a strong draft rider at home.

I like the look of this team (points limit aside) and think its got play offs written all over it.

Oystercard will still start at number 1.

I would imagine NBJ would be the most likely number 1 as the season progresses.

I thought you Peterborough fans would like some facts re Nicklas Porsing. His Polish team Ostrovia (who he had a 2 Year contract ) went bust before Christmas. He has had offers from 3 Polish teams, however with the changes in Polish speedway, as it is basically bankrupt. We decided that Nick didn't need the stress of travelling weekly to Poland then finding he never gets paid. Dale Allitt is very keen on Nick and can see his potential and has been talking to Nick and myself for 6 months. Last season Nick was unprepared at Lynn, due to this he had a bad first half of the season. He will admit this, and now knows with talent you also have to put in hardwork. He learnt more from this than possibly anything else and this season he will be fully prepared with equipment and fitness, with good and bad experiences comes maturity. He had a great season last year with Vargana in Sweden helping them and Ostrovia to play off finals. At Lynn things just didn't go right, but we know why. This season with Peterborough he is fully committed and not doing Poland in 2016 it cuts down his travel and the exhaustion this brings. (72 Ryanair flights last year ) Not doing Poland enables him to race Sunday's in the UK. Sweden is Thursday's and Denmark Wednesday's, so this enables him to race all meetings. I know Nick well, he is at his best when fans are behind him. I've seen him beat every SGP rider on the track, not just from the gate but going round them on the fence. so get behind him and he will prove to you why Ged and Dale wanted him. I know I'm biased, but you have got yourselves a real star and a real racer. He will do the Panthers proud. If free come and meet him tomorrow night at the Panthers supporters meeting. Thank you and looking forward to seeing you at the Showground this season. Regards David Wootton - Nicklas Porsing Manager there you are, fans ask for facts, you give some facts and you are accused of defending a rider before he's started.

He is not a Peterborough fan, just a trouble maker, that finds enjoyment 'winding people up'

• Like 2

I Hope Buster is making them pay a transfer for Porsing, nicking our riders on the cheap. You would never see Lynn doing that with any P'Boro assets. Two Lamberts, Now Porsing, makes Alwarton seem like a Saddlebbow Nursery. :D

I think we have a good team...and key is having PL committed riders..that was the mistake last year...anyone got any ideas at this stage if we have riders missing due to fixture clashes?

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 1

Although it doesn't make much difference as you have plenty of spare points but how did Porsing's average become so low?

7.83 is what I make it

there you are, fans ask for facts, you give some facts and you are accused of defending a rider before he's started.

You have to differentiate between fans and idiots who are just out for a reaction. You've just made stunt's day. Best to ignore in future.

Although it doesn't make much difference as you have plenty of spare points but how did Porsing's average become so low?

7.83 is what I make it

That's probably using whatever guideline they've put in the public domain, which probably differs from the recent behind closed doors rewrite.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

7.83 is what I make it

Panthers website has Porsing listed as 6.58.

He finished last season on 4.7 so they are using a 1.4 multiplier.

Dunno what the real multiplier should be.

Panthers website has Porsing listed as 6.58.

He finished last season on 4.7 so they are using a 1.4 multiplier.

Dunno what the real multiplier should be.

Funnily enough it should be x 1.4. Spooky, eh?

I thought you Peterborough fans would like some facts re Nicklas Porsing. His Polish team Ostrovia (who he had a 2 Year contract ) went bust before Christmas. He has had offers from 3 Polish teams, however with the changes in Polish speedway, as it is basically bankrupt. We decided that Nick didn't need the stress of travelling weekly to Poland then finding he never gets paid. Dale Allitt is very keen on Nick and can see his potential and has been talking to Nick and myself for 6 months. Last season Nick was unprepared at Lynn, due to this he had a bad first half of the season. He will admit this, and now knows with talent you also have to put in hardwork. He learnt more from this than possibly anything else and this season he will be fully prepared with equipment and fitness, with good and bad experiences comes maturity. He had a great season last year with Vargana in Sweden helping them and Ostrovia to play off finals. At Lynn things just didn't go right, but we know why. This season with Peterborough he is fully committed and not doing Poland in 2016 it cuts down his travel and the exhaustion this brings. (72 Ryanair flights last year ) Not doing Poland enables him to race Sunday's in the UK. Sweden is Thursday's and Denmark Wednesday's, so this enables him to race all meetings. I know Nick well, he is at his best when fans are behind him. I've seen him beat every SGP rider on the track, not just from the gate but going round them on the fence. so get behind him and he will prove to you why Ged and Dale wanted him. I know I'm biased, but you have got yourselves a real star and a real racer. He will do the Panthers proud. If free come and meet him tomorrow night at the Panthers supporters meeting. Thank you and looking forward to seeing you at the Showground this season. Regards David Wootton - Nicklas Porsing Manager there you are, fans ask for facts, you give some facts and you are accused of defending a rider before he's started.

Theres always going to be the odd idiot complaining about every signing. Personally I can only see Porsing improving on that average. Only slight thing is that we have a 6+ average rider who could be a 8+ when we could have had a 8+ who could tern out to be a 10. Happy porsing is in the team and wish him all best for the season. If you ignore averages it Dosent look a bad team plus there points left to replace any riders that dont perform. Remember its where you are at end of season that matters not the start.

I Hope Buster is making them pay a transfer for Porsing, nicking our riders on the cheap. You would never see Lynn doing that with any P'Boro assets. Two Lamberts, Now Porsing, makes Alwarton seem like a Saddlebbow Nursery. :D

WTF are you talking about, are you aware of just how many Panthers riders you've been glad to take on loan in the last few years . L Bjerre, K Bjerre, Nils Christian Iversen for a start and you come up with such a stupid comment , your unreal the only way I could describe you is as a total SPACE CADET

Theres always going to be the odd idiot complaining about every signing. Personally I can only see Porsing improving on that average. Only slight thing is that we have a 6+ average rider who could be a 8+ when we could have had a 8+ who could tern out to be a 10. Happy porsing is in the team and wish him all best for the season. If you ignore averages it Dosent look a bad team plus there points left to replace any riders that dont perform. Remember its where you are at end of season that matters not the start.

yeah rather have Porsing than Kenneth Bjerre or PK to be honest... ;)

WTF are you talking about, are you aware of just how many Panthers riders you've been glad to take on loan in the last few years . L Bjerre, K Bjerre, Nils Christian Iversen for a start and you come up with such a stupid comment , your unreal the only way I could describe you is as a total SPACE CADET

Oh dear.......

Was pretty obvious that Semions post was in jest. :lol:

Porsing..... happy with signing him on that average, bit disappointed we have nearly 2 points spare, but as Ged has said, anyone starts crap, we could bring in a 7.00 pointer hopefully.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 2

Oystercard will still start at number 1.

I would imagine NBJ would be the most likely number 1 as the season progresses.

Doh good point. But if Oystercard is rejuvenated, Porsing delivers on his potential and NBJ kicks on as I suspect I see a full house of 8+ averages for the heatleaders.

• Like 1

Seems Panthers relying on multiple ifs.