British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

The management have picked the team and clearly rate both Jakobsen and Porsing who are expected to make a mockery of their starting averages, they are also both young and on the up in their careers as opposed to on a downward trend.

Grondal is another who should improve especially starting at reserve and both Ostergaard and ROTY Lambert had excellent seasons despite suffering from injuries, Palm Toft needs to find consistency but mounted on decent machinery could be another HL and Perry is as good a number 7 as any others in the league and probably better than most.

It looks an exciting team and they could surprise a lot of people, no double uppers as well which is a major step forward, it might look points shy of the limit on paper but leagues are not won on paper.

• Like 6

Seems Panthers relying on multiple ifs.

Doesn't everyone? Every team is built on the potential of riders upping their averages. If they do...success, If they drop... failure!

Edited by Sings4Kings
  • Like 1

Acceptable IMO, Loads of potential and a team of racers. No double uppers (yet) is a bonus..

Agreed with the no double uppers, that's well handy, going into a meeting with no 'will they be riding for us or them' will only help team morale.

Management know best ,they wouldn't be there if they didn't

• Like 1

...and we have 2 of them though I'm sure its neither of them that are pulling the strings!..in Ged we trust..best promoter in my time.

• Like 1

a good signing by Peterborough, fully expect Nick to be one of the top PL riders at the end of season.

seen enough of Nick at Kings Lynn to know he has potential to be much better than 2015, although he's very much a confidence rider .. IF Nick is on good machinery, I think we might even have a PL top 3 rider

the Panthers team is solid, ignore the averages, there's enough riders in this team to push for the #1 spot, and that can only be good surely?

• Like 4

a good signing by Peterborough, fully expect Nick to be one of the top PL riders at the end of season.

seen enough of Nick at Kings Lynn to know he has potential to be much better than 2015, although he's very much a confidence rider .. IF Nick is on good machinery, I think we might even have a PL top 3 rider

the Panthers team is solid, ignore the averages, there's enough riders in this team to push for the #1 spot, and that can only be good surely?

whilst I can see Porsing being good value against his starting average to predict a potential PL top 3 rider would take some improvement.

He hasnt shown anything to expect him to be in the ranks along with King Kennett Stead etc

On today's 6.30am Sports News on BBC Cambs we heard "There are five potential number ones in this team" and spectators were asked to "just trust the Management team".

whilst I can see Porsing being good value against his starting average to predict a potential PL top 3 rider would take some improvement.

He hasnt shown anything to expect him to be in the ranks along with King Kennett Stead etc

absolutely, but as I put, IF he is on good machinery that he is confident in, he'll be top 3

keep your ears on the train track morrisey ,there,s a train coming .

• Like 1

So Porsing it is then.

Not Bjerre or Karlsson or the Polish dude that was touted.

It is a very solid Panthers team, that looks as though it has potential written all over it, and should get better as the season moves along providing they can stay fit.

It will be interesting to see how Porsing does go, as he has spent all of his British career in the Elite League with Kings Lynn he might be in for a bit of a shock the Premier League is a harder league that he might think.

• Like 2

On today's 6.30am Sports News on BBC Cambs we heard "There are five potential number ones in this team"

But in reality we start with none.