British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Calling All Losers - Who Do You Want To Win?

They havnt officially but Masters at least will be involved I would say as he got promised the Wildcard spot

Thanks. Pointless using them in an SFL team then, if they are knocking off early.

Motorcycle Australia announced sam and sedgy as reserves a few weeks ago, they were 2nd and 3Rd in the ausie title behind doyle . I guess it was low key as Darcy was set to be announced as wildcard the day after his crash.

I expect sam to be promoted to wc with another reserve to come in. Only other option would be to give it to one of the u21s who will be there for the team final the following week but I expect it to go to an aussie.

2nd reserve may well end up being morris, grajczonek or kurtz so edinburgh might not be the only team affected.

They way Glasgow are carrying on delaying until our Aussies and Erik go out to Aus we aren't going to have a team.

The problem is that the FIM/BSI scheduled a SGP & U-21 WTC Final in Australia before the end of the UK domestic season.

In this instance it looks like it could disrupt Edinburgh more than any other PL team with 3 riders affected.

However it could also impact on Somerset (Brady Kurtz) or Plymouth (Jack Holder) and possibly Glasgow if Nick Morris was given the SGP wildcard.

Glasgow did not manufacture this situation in the first place, and your rantings are as embarrassing to Monarchs as some of the stuff that Starman spouts that makes Rebels fans squirm.

• Like 7

The problem is that the FIM/BSI scheduled a SGP & U-21 WTC Final in Australia before the end of the UK domestic season.

In this instance it looks like it could disrupt Edinburgh more than any other PL team with 3 riders affected.

However it could also impact on Somerset (Brady Kurtz) or Plymouth (Jack Holder) and possibly Glasgow if Nick Morris was given the SGP wildcard.

Glasgow did not manufacture this situation in the first place, and your rantings are as embarrassing to Monarchs as some of the stuff that Starman spouts that makes Rebels fans squirm.

Comapring me to Starman, how insulting.

They way Glasgow are carrying on delaying until our Aussies and Erik go out to Aus we aren't going to have a team.

Riders are contracted to their clubs to the end of October so if they are leaving earlier then surely they are in breach of contract..............unless racing in an FIM recognised event such as the GP in Melbourne.................wonder if any Monarchs are riding in that.............

Also if I was a Glasgow or Plymouth fan then I would prefer to see them in the play offs with full teams rather than teams made up of guests or r/r.........yeah Newman and Sarjeant are not available because of a BSPA approved date change to the EL play off first leg (a move which was apparently the correct move) and Palovaraa missing for other reasons but it makes sense to hold them when it has been arranged for.............

Why do the smugs always want things their own way...............they seem to be jealous of the success the new Glasgow management have achieved..............sore losers spring to mind...............

As for who to win??????????? Somerset or Plymouth................

RP

• Like 1

Cyclone we are used to his ranting's all pretty amusing as his dis-like for all thing's Glasgow are apparent so it is expected,to be fair if you want any gossip he is your man he is usually wrong right enough.

not sure if i qualify as a looser

but if were talking who would we like to see win the play offs id say my vote to plymouth simply because they have upped there game so much the deserve it

but as a workington fan we have not lost at home this season unlike all other pl teams so maybe a few edinbrugh fans might like to post as they have lost at home which makes them loosers just like all other pl teams

Serious question. Is there anything to stop the two riders from not being at the GP and riding for Edinburgh instead?

Why do the smugs always want things their own way...............they seem to be jealous of the success the new Glasgow management have achieved..............sore losers spring to mind...............

What success?

• Like 6

Serious question. Is there anything to stop the two riders from not being at the GP and riding for Edinburgh instead?

The FIM might not be best pleased. Or they simply might not care. After all, we're talking about (probably non-riding) track reserves here. Doesn't make a lot of difference who they are.

Have the track reserves definitely been decided then? Official SGP website still says TBC.

It could turn out that Glasgow are missing Morris, while Edinburgh are at full strength... if those teams reach the final.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

The FIM might not be best pleased. Or they simply might not care. After all, we're talking about (probably non-riding) track reserves here. Doesn't make a lot of difference who they are.

Have the track reserves definitely been decided then? Official SGP website still says TBC.

It could turn out that Glasgow are missing Morris, while Edinburgh are at full strength... if those teams reach the final.

All the best

Rob

Cheers Rob, just wanted to clarify.

All the best

Rob

Here is a link in the public domain referring to Justin & Sam's selections as reserves for the Australian GP :

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/news/article.asp?id=2177

I believe the Australian governing body are responsible for their selection and could impose sanctions on the the two riders if they refused to participate.

It may well be considered an honour by both to represent their Country at the event and that they would wish to accept this invitation.

Here is a link in the public domain referring to Justin & Sam's selections as reserves for the Australian GP :

I believe the Australian governing body are responsible for their selection and could impose sanctions on the the two riders if they refused to participate.

It may well be considered an honour by both to represent their Country at the event and that they would wish to accept this invitation.

Yes, but where's the confirmation from BSI/FIM; they still show TBC.

Not saying that it won't be Masters and Sedgmen, but there's been nothing official yet from the FIM.

I would guess the Edinburgh vs Sheffield/Peterborough semi-final will take place on the dates of October 1st through October 4th. Peterborough are talking of a date of the 25th or 27th for the second leg against Sheffield.

All the best

Rob

When are they supposed to be leaving here to go back to Australia?