British Speedway Forum
John Leslie

Second Choice Elite League Club?

I can't say I blame him after the treatment he received, it seems very obvious to me the club is much the poorer without his presence.

Are you talking about Sandhu or Nicholls?

Will regards to Nicholls, Coventry could only fit in Harris or Nicholls so of course they had Harris. The two have a bit of tension when in a team together.

Scott looked happy enough when he guested for us earlier this season and also when he came to Brandon with Belle Vue.

He always gets a big reception from the bees fans (AJ & Zengi also popular with the fans)

Edited by mdmc82

Yes of course. Whatever it was must have been a couple of season's ago so no chance of me remembering, apart from the fact he and Bomber (allegedly) didn't get on. We are talking Scott Nicholls aren't we?

No nothing to do with Scott, my memory is just as bad as yours but I haven't forgotten what happened. If you read this topic from the top you will see someone else has already tried to tempt me to make more comments.I will give you the same reply as I gave him, (it's already been done to death on this forum) :D

OOps we crossed posts, I highlighted the part of your post I was commenting on

Edited by Dave Jones

If Swindon wasn't my local club quite like Kings Lynn as number 2. Poole and Coventry the closest, both about 70-miles away. Although as an ex-New Cross and Wimbledon fan, Lakeside would be the nearest to a London club, so they would be number 3 choice!

Would like to see Belle Vue win it this year as unlikely Swindon will.

Mine used to be Swindon and Wolves but Rosco has gradually turned me off Swindon, although I still like to watch them as a team. I always liked Wolves since PK and Freddie were at their best, and under Peter Adams management I thought they were a great team to watch. I still have some affection for them but they well and truly seem to have lost the plot these days. Goodness knows what's happened to them.

There are some nice people down at Poole but Muddlo isn't one of them, so I like it when they are in town but wouldn't support them under the present set up.

Surprisingly I have semi- supported Coventry for the play-offs this year, not that I think they will make it now because it's all sort of unravelled for them, but from day one of the season I thought it was an attractive looking side,always liked Hans and Bomber, Danny and Joonas are good blokes and I guess everyone likes Robbo even though he has passed his EL sell by date. Great bunch fans as well. Always enjoyed my trips to Brandon , but haven't been for a while as more often than not the track seemed to be rubbish.

• Like 1

Pretty sure he has already contributed ,just using another different name. :D

Are you KKS? Lol

For a number of reasons I can not attend meetings.

However, take away guests and r/r then half the riders left are d/up. So my first choice would not be EL at all...I would rather go to Sheffield and get variety. My second choice would be Scunthorpe.

:cheers:

Wolves are my second team. Having been brought up watching speedway at Hyde Road, with regular visits to the equally wide open spaces of Halifax, Sheffield and Bradford I first went to Monmore in the 1980's.I thought I had made a mistake and found the cycle speedway. However, I soon appreciated the different skills required to race on a tight circuit and realised that the quality of racing served up was usually good to watch, albeit not comparable to Hyde Road but nowhere in the UK is.

Ever since I make a visit at least once every season,usually more and have a soft spot for the club. Unfortunately they seem to have lost their way over recent times and it is going to take drastic changes for them to be in play off contention next year.

Wolves are my second team. Having been brought up watching speedway at Hyde Road, with regular visits to the equally wide open spaces of Halifax, Sheffield and Bradford I first went to Monmore in the 1980's.I thought I had made a mistake and found the cycle speedway. However, I soon appreciated the different skills required to race on a tight circuit and realised that the quality of racing served up was usually good to watch, albeit not comparable to Hyde Road but nowhere in the UK is.

Ever since I make a visit at least once every season,usually more and have a soft spot for the club. Unfortunately they seem to have lost their way over recent times and it is going to take drastic changes for them to be in play off contention next year.

West Ham was Hyde Road's equal :t:

My loyalty is to Poole only, but I enjoy watching racing a lot more when I'm rooting for someone so I'll usually pick someone, but I certainly wouldn't be able to pick for next season, as my choices will be largely based on the club's journey to the playoffs.

For this year, if we don't make it, I'd like the winner to be Swindon. I know Darcy is a rider who's divided opinion. One person's lovable rogue is another person's selfish brat, but Swindon's fans put aside judgement and welcomed Darcy in and I know he enjoyed riding for them. I also think a big part of them getting to where they are is due to Darcy and his motivation, I'd like to see that carried all the way.

If not Swindon, I'd go for Belle Vue over Coventry, but that's because as a Poole fan, I'd go for anyone over Coventry :lol:

Pretty sure he has already contributed ,just using another different name. :D

Presumably you're talking about me? I'm guessing that's because I dared to ask you to explain a confusing post. How rude of me, what with being a newbie!

Or am I? ;-)

You're not allowed to be new around here. That's one of the golden rules. ;)

Talking to yourself are you? :D Edited by lisa-colette

Talking to yourself are you? :D

Lol it does seem to be a bit cliquey in here. Ah well, it's no skin off my nose. Poole fans on twitter will know who I am plus a few of the Cov ones too lol

Edited by Rob VDS

For a number of reasons I can not attend meetings.

However, take away guests and r/r then half the riders left are d/up. So my first choice would not be EL at all...I would rather go to Sheffield and get variety. My second choice would be Scunthorpe.

:cheers:

Is that the same Sheffield who, in their last home match had 2 guests plus one rider who doubles up with Coventry? They were riding against a side who were using 2 guests and R/R.

Must be a different Sheffield.

I agree with you...it's hard for fans to actually see their proper team, wherever they watch their speedway.

• Like 1