British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

What a sad state of affairs when one almost hopes that the lads father is injured than to believe that even Ford could stoop so low.

• Like 1

What a sad state of affairs when one almost hopes that the lads father is injured than to believe that even Ford could stoop so low.

He doesn't need to stoop so low, as you put it. As someone else already pointed out earlier, Matt could have got a sick note, and therefore a guest, for Dak having depression, have sickness, have dizzy spells,...............etc, the same way as others do. That's why this sounds very plausible and likely.

Edited by Tsunami

Does it matter, NO. Guests quite often outscore a replaced rider, whether they are guesting for Poole or not.

General

I find the continual chase in this matter truly distasteful, and shows a few posters on here in a very bad and derange light. Even when extra info is brought out, the centre of interrogation just goes down the line just to challenge another point, as they are determined to try to spot something that they latch their jaws on to satisfy their obsessive hatred of Poole. Can I suggest, to save their faces, that these types wait down the line, and find out what really has happened, and we will then all know from FACTS, whether the doubting and interrogations have been justified. It's what would happen with other teams I am sure. If it's because it is Poole, well winners usually do attract this approach, but unless there are facts that support the doubting, you are all just making fools of yourselves.

That cuts both ways Tsunami . Severall Poole posters have been stretching the flimsiest of arguments to justify the situation.

It all boils down to two basic points .The first, as has been said several times already is that Ford has such a poor reputation amongst fans because of his past record that people are now understandably suspicious of his every move. Certain questions are bound to be left hanging in the air, and the more a handful from Poole try to justify it the more others will voice the same suspicions. . Some including yourself have been quite offensive.

The second point is I don't think anyone is a Poole hater. They are simply suspicious of Ford and his sidekick Middleditch based on past record..fans in general are loyal to their own clubs and don't begrudge other clubs success when achieved fairly . There is rarely a large groundswell of resentment towards whichever clubs win the play off except Poole and that is down to the attitude of its promoter, the stupid comments of its team manager on social media, and some of the garbage people like Starman post. There is no equivalent in any other club because there is no promotional equivalent of Ford, no team manager rants off the way Middleditch does , and nobody else posts the sort of self righteous stuff that Sarman and a few others post.

It he best thing the Poole posters can do is to stop their attempts to justify things, and I doubt that anyone else wil pursue the matter until more is known but by constantly banging on they won't change anyone's mind, only make matters worse.

• Like 2

He doesn't need to stoop so low, as you put it. As someone else already pointed out earlier, Matt could have got a sick note, and therefore a guest, for Dak having depression, have sickness, have dizzy spells,...............etc, the same way as others do. That's why this sounds very plausible and likely.

Your wasting your time mate, these Poole haters are as thick as two short planks. It doesn't matter what you say.

The irony of starman never fails to please .

• Like 6

Your wasting your time mate, these Poole haters are as thick as two short planks. It doesn't matter what you say.

I think that post pretty much proves my point. Unable to deal with the merits of the discussion he can only call other people thick. A certain irony there perhaps.

I think that post pretty much proves my point. Unable to deal with the merits of the discussion he can only call other people thick. A certain irony there perhaps.

No the thing is even when the truth is told you still fail to grasp it. And the likelyhood is you won't.

That cuts both ways Tsunami . Severall Poole posters have been stretching the flimsiest of arguments to justify the situation.

It all boils down to two basic points .The first, as has been said several times already is that Ford has such a poor reputation amongst fans because of his past record that people are now understandably suspicious of his every move. Certain questions are bound to be left hanging in the air, and the more a handful from Poole try to justify it the more others will voice the same suspicions. . Some including yourself have been quite offensive.

The second point is I don't think anyone is a Poole hater. They are simply suspicious of Ford and his sidekick Middleditch based on past record..fans in general are loyal to their own clubs and don't begrudge other clubs success when achieved fairly . There is rarely a large groundswell of resentment towards whichever clubs win the play off except Poole and that is down to the attitude of its promoter, the stupid comments of its team manager on social media, and some of the garbage people like Starman post. There is no equivalent in any other club because there is no promotional equivalent of Ford, no team manager rants off the way Middleditch does , and nobody else posts the sort of self righteous stuff that Sarman and a few others post.

It he best thing the Poole posters can do is to stop their attempts to justify things, and I doubt that anyone else wil pursue the matter until more is known but by constantly banging on they won't change anyone's mind, only make matters worse.

Trouble is if people attack your club, your natural instinct is to defend it. If people stop attacking there is no need to defend, so it works both ways.

• Like 1

Trouble is if people attack your club, your natural instinct is to defend it. If people stop attacking there is no need to defend, so it works both ways.

And if Ford didn't pull all of his strokes there wouldn't be the high number of "attacks". ;)

• Like 7

When people attacked my club with good reason I didn't defend them.

Right is right and wrong is wrong.

• Like 4

When people attacked my club with good reason I didn't defend them.

Right is right and wrong is wrong.

Likewise but some people are incapable of independent thought.

And if Ford didn't pull all of his strokes there wouldn't be the high number of "attacks". ;)

Maybe ;)

I went to Poole long before Ford took over, he has improved the club loads Imo, so find it hard to hold too much against him.

For example during Euro 96 when England played Germany there was like 100/150 in the grandstand it was like a ghost town. That wouldn't happen now with the core base being 1500. 👍

Yes he can be ruthless in decisions but most good business men are and yeah he puts Poole first but at least we don't get walked over I guess!

• Like 4

Maybe ;)

I went to Poole long before Ford took over, he has improved the club loads Imo, so find it hard to hold too much against him.

For example during Euro 96 when England played Germany there was like 100/150 in the grandstand it was like a ghost town. That wouldn't happen now with the core base being 1500.

Yes he can be ruthless in decisions but most good business men are and yeah he puts Poole first but at least we don't get walked over I guess!

I can understand why you would be happy with your promoter, but many others can see what he gets up to, indeed some of us have first hand experience of his actions.

I think the issue here is that the majority of Poole fans that post on here are either unable, or not prepared, to see the truth of it all.

• Like 2

I can understand why you would be happy with your promoter, but many others can see what he gets up to, indeed some of us have first hand experience of his actions.

I think the issue here is that the majority of Poole fans that post on here are either unable, or not prepared, to see the truth of it all.

He tells us what we want to hear and is very good in the media. It's very difficult to go against that if he's in charge of the club you support.

As a Poole fan you can question if his decisions are in the best interests of speedway as a whole but he is a good promoter especially compared to people like Horton! ;)

But when you can the rules year in year out to suit your own club

Anyone can fill grandstands !!!!!!!!

I get why fans of other clubs have a problem with him, I really do. I stick by my comments but I do get your POV.