British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

I thought the referee said to Mark Lemon that he hadn't noticed Newman had no goggles on, not that he didn't know about the rule.

It's been said on here that the ref thought there was no such rule. If he did know about the rule and just didn't see Newman without them then I agree with your earlier post! 👍

I was stood at the starting gate and a lot of people down below shouted up towards the referee's box about the goggles and if you want to be more picky, he wasn't at tapes when the clocked struck 0.00 either. Personally, he could have been excluded and then gone 15 metres back as he may well have come 2nd or 3rd based on how our reserves were on Monday. The fact he was struggling with them and everyone else was looking across at the incident at tapes, makes you wonder what on earth Graham Flint was doing? As a starting marshall with goggles in his hand the referee not noticing it, he should be banned from refereeing for half the season and take lessons. If this has had been Jim Lawrence then the situation would have been dealt with there and then, as he is the best referee in the UK for me.

So it seems there was no mention of any incident at heat 12, nor any official protest in the official referee's report to the SCB, so I'm not quite sure what people expect the SCB to do??

Thank Belle Vue for writing in afterwards and wish them well in their new home!!

• Like 2

So it seems there was no mention of any incident at heat 12, nor any official protest in the official referee's report to the SCB, so I'm not quite sure what people expect the SCB to do??

Thank Belle Vue for writing in afterwards and wish them well in their new home!!

Where have you got a copy of the referees report from?

I was stood at the starting gate and a lot of people down below shouted up towards the referee's box about the goggles and if you want to be more picky, he wasn't at tapes when the clocked struck 0.00 either. Personally, he could have been excluded and then gone 15 metres back as he may well have come 2nd or 3rd based on how our reserves were on Monday. The fact he was struggling with them and everyone else was looking across at the incident at tapes, makes you wonder what on earth Graham Flint was doing? As a starting marshall with goggles in his hand the referee not noticing it, he should be banned from refereeing for half the season and take lessons. If this has had been Jim Lawrence then the situation would have been dealt with there and then, as he is the best referee in the UK for me.

Pointless post, because its still down to the REF.

1 thing no one as mentioned was that I'm sure (but could be wrong) don't ya have to also where your cut off thingy (wire) round your wrist.

Newman didn't in that heat 12

Edited by Phil The Ace

Pointless post, because its still down to the REF.

Not a pointless post - it shows that if spectators saw an offence being committed, why didn't the referee. He surely must have seen what was going on between the rider and the start marshall due to the time scale involved, yet appeared not to do anything about it.

Or he didn't see it, in which case he wasn't paying attention to his job, or saw it and ignored it in which case he is lacking in doing his job, or saw it and didn't know it was an offence i.e. didn't know the rule book, in which case he should be reprimanded, retrained, banned for a period or sacked.

This was a final determining the champions of the Elite league, you expect top referees to be in charge..... or perhaps there was!!!

• Like 1

If you are going to penalise Newman for that then you are going to have to watch footage of every meeting to make sure every rider has been doing it!

After all if wasn't on sky, you wouldn't even know!

But the referee should know, whatever meeting it is. If a rider is at tapes messing around for a minute or so surely that should draw the referees attention...

• Like 1

1 thing no one as mentioned was that I'm sure (but could be wrong) don't ya have to also where your cut off thingy (wire) round your wrist.

That is a serious breach of the rules if he wasn't wearing the cut off lanyard.Even the mechanics,riders warming up their bikes in the pits have to put these on.

I believe there was some discussion about this lanyard thing earlier and come the race he had it on (that was my understanding anyway). This is why they are needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qtu8BiGIVA

I like how the fat bloke in the red shirt stays ice cool, chomping his pie.

Edited by damosuzuki

He did, try watching the clip again. His cut off was TIGHTLY on when he lined up to race..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Pure BS. The TV coverage clearly shows Kyle tightening the cut-out lanyard immeadiately after the Start marshall took his goggles!