British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

Yes. The SCB must act as a rule has been blatantly broken. No fault from Poole management. Maybe lack of understanding of the rules by both Newman and the start marshal but god only knows what the referee was watching when Newman was messing round at the tapes for 60 seconds!

• Like 1

....today on Play school we are looking through the rose coloured window. Jemimah and BIG TED are ready.. Are you children?

What did I say about arrogance and complacency amongst certain Poole fans? Yet again Poole broke the rules and yet it's childish to object?

Pathetic.

The scb seem to have ignored explicit instruction from the FIM to remive Darcy Wards points in certain matches last year and amend the league table accordingly so cant see anything being done here. It is a dangerous precedent though to allow blatant flouting of rules to go unpunished

The scb seem to have ignored explicit instruction from the FIM to remive Darcy Wards points in certain matches last year and amend the league table accordingly so cant see anything being done here. It is a dangerous precedent though to allow blatant flouting of rules to go unpunished

Your about 20 hrs to late mate.

Like your post about lets get on with the 2nd leg,and all the back biting is a pain in the ar*e.

But you had to have a dig about the ref fom last night :lol:

That was only to point out factually that it was not the first time this ref had made a mistake that cost Belle Vue points ........ that is different from members on this forum going hammer and tongue at each other and trying to get the final word and a so called victory.

i really cannot believe what i am reading, a young british rider is having a superb night in an elite league playoff final, he gets to the tapes and whilst under 2 minutes his goggle strap breaks, no intention to race without them, both he and the start marshall (very sportingly i will say) try to fix them, two minutes ticking away, not wanting to let his team down gets on with his job, racing speedway.

the internet world call him and his team cheats, stupid, dangerous etc.

ffs its not like kennet who premeditated his offence, its happened yes i know the rules have been broken, possibly unknowingly by the start marshall and newman, now im not up to date with appeals etc or after the event deductions, but just recently we have had somerset make an official objection during and after a meeting at redcar over an ineligible rider on rr, there objection and subsequent appeal were thrown out as the referee on the night had declared the result i believe, now here was a rider not eligible in a race, what if he had caused an accident and injured someone whose fault would it have been etc etc, where were all you upstanding vitriolic objectors then.

oh yes i forgot the rider in question here is from and rides for Poole.

and no i am not from or do i support poole.

yes maybe the 2 points should be deducted, not my decision, but get over yourselves, please.

Edited by brewer
  • Like 3

i really cannot believe what i am reading, a young british rider is having a superb night in an elite league playoff final, he gets to the tapes and whilst under 2 minutes his goggle strap breaks, no intention to race without them, both he aand the start marshall (very sportingly i will say) try to fix them, two minutes ticking away, not wanting to let his team down gets on with his job, racing speedway.the internet world call him and his team cheats, stupid, dangerous etc. ffs its not like kennet who premeditated his offence, its happened yes i know the rules have been broken, possibly unknowingly by the start marshall and newman, now im not up to date with appeals etc or after the event deductions, but just recently we have had somerset make an official objection during and after a meeting at redcar over an ineligible rider on rr, there objection and subsequent appeal were thrown out as the referee on the night had declared the result i believe, now here was a rider not eligible in a race, what if he had caused an accident and injured someone whose fault would it have been etc etc, where were all you upstanding vitriolic objectors then.oh yes i forgot the rider in question here is from and rides for Poole.and no i am not from or do i support poole.yes maybe the 2 points should be deducted, not my decision, but get over yourselves, please.

It's all pretty clear. Can't believe anyone can see it was an honest mistake , however rules are rules and the 2 points should be deducted.

It's fair and not at all anti Poole to suggest so either.

i really cannot believe what i am reading, a young british rider is having a superb night in an elite league playoff final, he gets to the tapes and whilst under 2 minutes his goggle strap breaks, no intention to race without them, both he and the start marshall (very sportingly i will say) try to fix them, two minutes ticking away, not wanting to let his team down gets on with his job, racing speedway.

the internet world call him and his team cheats, stupid, dangerous etc.

ffs its not like kennet who premeditated his offence, its happened yes i know the rules have been broken, possibly unknowingly by the start marshall and newman, now im not up to date with appeals etc or after the event deductions, but just recently we have had somerset make an official objection during and after a meeting at redcar over an ineligible rider on rr, there objection and subsequent appeal were thrown out as the referee on the night had declared the result i believe, now here was a rider not eligible in a race, what if he had caused an accident and injured someone whose fault would it have been etc etc, where were all you upstanding vitriolic objectors then.

oh yes i forgot the rider in question here is from and rides for Poole.

and no i am not from or do i support poole.

yes maybe the 2 points should be deducted, not my decision, but get over yourselves, please.

So where do you draw the line? What if he goes out without a helmet on?

So where do you draw the line? What if he goes out without a helmet on?

I don't think some understand how dangerous it was without goggles.

Thinking about it, would a referee let a race start if a rider wasn't wearing a helmet?!

I don't think some understand how dangerous it was without goggles.

Not that dangerous as he seemed to have no trouble fending off two riders with goggles!

Not that dangerous as he seemed to have no trouble fending off two riders with goggles!

Well great. Thats fine then. Equally had he not worn a helmet in that heat he'd have not had any trouble either.

No you just use a bit of common sense.

So why no goggles then? Wheres the common sense there?

Shocker of a ref decision really. Should have been excluded under the 2 min rule and rerun with Kyle off 15m once he had moved forward signalling he was 'ready to race'.

However, a question for those more knowledgeable of the rulebook: Under 15.3.4, if he had not moved forward and instead continued to adjust his goggles, would he have got away with the timer running out as he would have been 'under the control of the start marshal'?

With the form of the reserves that night, it may still have been a 5-1. However, we can never know the outcome of what that would or not have been. It would be a nice touch for MF/NM to offer to at least split the difference in the interests of sportsmanship and dock 2 points from the Poole score. I guess that probably isn't in the rulebook either so it would have to be 'In the interests of Speedway'!

For those on here that say that the SCB not adjusting the result after the match will make a further mockery of an amateur sport, citing that most 'serious' sports will change results after a game, I'll just leave you to cast your mind back to this incident in the most popular sport in the world: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8771294.stm . The result wasn't changed and I don't think you saw a mass decline in football fans because of it. Admittedly there was a lot of mickey takes of FIFA. I don't follow many other sports so I'm no authority, but from the post-match alterations I can recall, most are to do with applying/cancelling a ban or other disciplinary rather than affecting the actual result. I'm sure somebody will post to prove me wrong though :)

Well great. Thats fine then. Equally had he not worn a helmet in that heat he'd have not had any trouble either.

So why no goggles then? Wheres the common sense there?

Yes very funny, you have to bear in mind who i was replying to!!