British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle 2016

HE did, but something went on the last corner in one race. As Steve P has said, he changed to Stevie's bike for his last race, and missed the gate.

A sentence later and you you don't miss a chance talking about criticising Ludde without reason. Canna help ya sel can you.

Please NO.

Redcar fans noted that some water had been put down on the track at the interval, which really should have been down from the start. Track looked very smooth but bald at the beginning, and with no water there was no passing, no grip.

dave just admit ffs we are rubbishe and have been all season, you wont upset your mates or let down ur lass by telling the truth i promise you 😜

Why dont you tell us about season ticket sagas or why Aarnio didnt ride at Edinburgh but then did 8 hours later, how it was physically impossible Edinburgh!!instead of picking holes in an old mans posts.!!

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 5

or why Aarnio didnt ride at Edinburgh but then did 8 hours later, how it was physically impossible Edinburgh!!instead of picking holes in an old mans posts.!!

no-one seems to know,,, thats if he actually did, or not :(

Dave knows everything.

no, he just thinks he does ;)

bet he doesn't know as much as 'the eggheads', lol

• Like 1

no, he just thinks he does ;)

bet he doesn't know as much as 'the eggheads', lol

not much he doesnt know then.. And its not a dig either before i get rounded up lol.
  • Like 1

dave just admit ffs we are rubbishe and have been all season, you wont upset your mates or let down ur lass by telling the truth i promise you

Why dont you tell us about season ticket sagas or why Aarnio didnt ride at Edinburgh but then did 8 hours later, how it was physically impossible Edinburgh!!instead of picking holes in an old mans posts.!!

:shock: :shock: :shock::blink:

:t::rofl: :rofl:

Redcar fans noted that some water had been put down on the track at the interval, which really should have been down from the start. Track looked very smooth but bald at the beginning, and with no water there was no passing, no grip.

Yeah watered during interval and second half of meeting was lot more entertaining

• Like 1

Winter track work starts tomorrow at Brough Park. at 9.00am.

We will be removing the air fence, washing the panels and storing them securely for the winter. With 40ish panels it is a canny sized job to wash them, and it's a case of more hands make light work. If anybody has some spare time, and wants to help, just come through the pits gate, and you will be made very welcome. Best wear waterproof clothing, although there is other jobs if you haven't any. Hot drinks, soup, biscuits and bites are all provided free during our many breaks. The session runs through till about 2.00pm, before the cold weather cuts in for the night.

If you would like to help, but can't make it tomorrow, just pop along next week, as we will be working on things like the fence, kickboards, post and mesh right though to about mid November

Hope to see you there.

• Like 1

dave just admit ffs we are rubbishe and have been all season, you wont upset your mates or let down ur lass by telling the truth i promise you

The team has not been a proper team IMHO since 2010 it just gets weaker by the season & by the meetings IMO RR should not be aloud for any longer than two or three consecutive meetings if a team does not sign another rider it should be a guaranteed guest or at least a no 8 to a PL reserve standard as you pay to see a 7 man team which ever team you support.

But anyone who does not conform with the to be honest a lot of crap that speedway & In this case Newcastle dishes out its my opinion you are not valued as a supporter unless you are A in a click or B just pay your money and become a Churchill nodding dog!!

Also note to Dave Roland this is in no way a go at you as I don't have a personal problem with you its addressed to the running of the club. and George as a manager

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone who could turn up today and did an amazing shift.

Changed the air fence washing method and we managed to complete half the fence washing, and storing, and miles cleaner than what we achieved last year. A fabulous effort that also saw the kick boards removed, de-nailed, cleaned and stored, as well as taking down the back straight blue mesh and again stored. With the weather so good, everyone stuck at the task and eventually ended the shift just before 5.00pm. Puts us well ahead of schedule, which should now see the remainder of the air fence panels finished and stored. Might even have time now to repair some metal fence damage and start on replacing the 7 loose fence posts.

I mentioned regularly 'stored' above because, we like Northside, also had visitors during our blank Sunday 2 weeks ago, and they did quite a bit of damage to the dogs stuff as well as ours. The damage was tackled during the day on our second last meeting, and no one would have realised that when attending that meeting. Hope it's a one off, as we have been trouble free from the yobs for a number of years now, but it was strange that they must have known they would not have been interrupted with a rare non speedway Sunday.

Back to the track work, those who can make it please note we will be continuing with the track work both next week(11th) and the week after(18th), of course weather permitting.

See you then.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 4

Thanks to everyone who could turn up today and did an amazing shift.

Changed the air fence washing method and we managed to complete half the fence washing, and storing, and miles cleaner than what we achieved last year. A fabulous effort that also saw the kick boards removed, de-nailed, cleaned and stored, as well as taking down the back straight blue mesh and again stored. With the weather so good, everyone stuck at the task and eventually ended the shift just before 5.00pm. Puts us well ahead of schedule, which should now see the remainder of the air fence panels finished and stored. Might even have time now to repair some metal fence damage and start on replacing the 7 loose fence posts.

I mentioned regularly 'stored' above because, we like Northside, also had visitors during our blank Sunday 2 weeks ago, and they did quite a bit of damage to the dogs stuff as well as ours. The damage was tackled during the day on our second last meeting, and no one would have realised that when attending that meeting. Hope it's a one off, as we have been trouble free from the yobs for a number of years now, but it was strange that they must have known they would not have been interrupted with a rare non speedway Sunday.

Back to the track work, those who can make it please note we will be continuing with the track work both next week(11th) and the week after(18th), of course weather permitting.

See you then.

I don't agree with you regarding Mr. Lindgren, I doubt we will ever see eye to eye on that.

However - I do have to say that I admire your efforts regarding Track work Season by Season.*

Well done to all those who do the work.

*Please Note: This is not a platitude. ;) :)

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Thought I would make myself an account here as I have been a reader for longer than I have been visiting the meetings, glad to hear that the Diamonds are back for 2016!! Only my third season of going

Steve Worrall-Must keep!! Been great this season

Ludvig Lindgren-Another must keep, I don't know why he is so unpopular, by far our most entertaining and best rider (And Steve :P)

Lewis Kerr-Hope he rides in 2016 and it'd be great to see him back at Newcastle but not above the two I've just mentioned

Anton Rosen-Great rider, great talent, not for Britain though, Having watched him in Sweden, he is a completely different rider here

Lewis Rose-Hope to see Lewis back next year at reserve, steal on his average too, again

Tero Aarnio-Has been A LOT better than I expected him to be, love to see him back again

Christian Henry-Not very entertaining and very disappointing, hope he recovers well from his injury but sorry

Simon Nielsen-Great, class rider but I fear for his team place with the rumours about reserves

Team thoughts:

1. Aaron Summers 8.37

2. Tero Aarnio 5.00 / Christian Henry 4.97

3. Steve Worrall 8.04

4. Richie Worrall 6.84

5. Ludvig Lindgren 7.00

6. Rob Branford 3.40 (Or a new rider, doubt Rob would ride for us)

7. Lewis Rose 3.84

What happened to Stuart Robson? I only saw the last part of him the year before and he seemed really popular here

Thought I would make myself an account here as I have been a reader for longer than I have been visiting the meetings, glad to hear that the Diamonds are back for 2016!! Only my third season of going

Steve Worrall-Must keep!! Been great this season

Ludvig Lindgren-Another must keep, I don't know why he is so unpopular, by far our most entertaining and best rider (And Steve :P)

Lewis Kerr-Hope he rides in 2016 and it'd be great to see him back at Newcastle but not above the two I've just mentioned

Anton Rosen-Great rider, great talent, not for Britain though, Having watched him in Sweden, he is a completely different rider here

Lewis Rose-Hope to see Lewis back next year at reserve, steal on his average too, again

Tero Aarnio-Has been A LOT better than I expected him to be, love to see him back again

Christian Henry-Not very entertaining and very disappointing, hope he recovers well from his injury but sorry

Simon Nielsen-Great, class rider but I fear for his team place with the rumours about reserves

Team thoughts:

1. Aaron Summers 8.37

2. Tero Aarnio 5.00 / Christian Henry 4.97

3. Steve Worrall 8.04

4. Richie Worrall 6.84

5. Ludvig Lindgren 7.00

7. Lewis Rose 3.84

What happened to Stuart Robson? I only saw the last part of him the year before and he seemed really popular here

• Like 1

and football is only a sport if someone scores a goal (IMO),,, otherwise its a waste of 2hrs,,,

football in Newcastle is'nt entertaining, and that team will never win anything, but the fans still go :(

And some less discerning people are very easily pleased. The sad thing is that in bygone days speedway had the same level of 'automatic' support.

[quote)

Not sure about that certainly a track he goes we'll on.

Chopper