British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NOBODY

Vitally Belousov Badly Injured

Sad news from Russia concerning Vitaly Belousov.

http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/550775/powazna-kontuzja-witalija-bielousowa

It is saying he may have the same injury as Darcy Ward. Very very sad.

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

I sincerely hope Witaly receives the same level of support and effort towards fundraising as any other rider in his position.

Edited by SavalasCloutingU21Champ
  • Like 5

I sincerely hope Witaly receives the same level of support and effort towards fundraising as any other rider in his position.

I'm sure he will in the Countries he's ridden in.

• Like 1

News seems a bit more positive this morning. Sportowefakty is reporting that after surgery, Vitaly is responding to doctors, and he can feel when his legs are touched. Fingers crossed.

Edited by June01
  • Like 1

News seems a bit more positive this morning. Sportowefakty is reporting that after surger, Vitaly is responding to doctors, and he can feel when his legs are touched. Fingers crossed.

...and more importantly according to the same article, Belousov's spinal cord have not been damaged.

Edited by Ghostwalker

...and more importantly according to the same article, Belousov's spinal cord have been damaged.

"has not been damaged" it should be, if I understand it correctly

• Like 1

Well with a Dutchman and a Swede discussing (in English) an article written in Polish it makes you realise what a bunch of insular monoglots we Brits are.

• Like 5

"has not been damaged" it should be, if I understand it correctly

Yes that is correct. a little not "disappeared". ;)

Well with a Dutchman and a Swede discussing (in English) an article written in Polish it makes you realise what a bunch of insular monoglots we Brits are.

Well certainly some over in the 'General Discussions' section, but in fairness English is the current global lingua franca. There's probably not many Poles who speak Dutch or Swedish either.

Google translation does help when you don't speak foreign languages.

Google translation does help when you don't speak foreign languages.

But needs to be used with caution. 'Serious' (in Polish) is often translated to 'fatal' by Google translate causing some very alarming threads to start up.

And Humph it also helps us English that there is very little speedway in the Spanish (bar Argentina) or Francophone world. I've always expected everyone in Sweden and Denmark to speak English, but I found it striking just how many Poles under 30 are now fluent in English when I was there last year.

Mind you there are still a few Brits who don't appear to be fluent in English judging by all those Sky speedway interviews.

• Like 2

Just bringing this thread up again to highlight it. From what I've read today Vitaly is making small, but positive, progress. He has had some financial assistance from Russian fans but (and this really shocked me) not a single donation from Europe. Guessing this might be because his case hasn't been greatly publicised, so thought I'd post the information for anyone who might wish to help Vitaly in his rehab but didn't know how (also today happens to be his birthday.) Details are on this page. http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/557096/witalij-bielousow-walczy-o-powrot-do-pelnej-sprawnosci-zaczalem-ruszac-palcami-p

I have no personal ties to Vitaly, aside from enjoying seeing him ride in the SWC, but this story resonated with me, as I'm sure it does with many other speedway fans.

• Like 2

Just bringing this thread up again to highlight it...

Well done for that.

If only there was a thread for Filip Sitera, who was also so badly injured not long ago, but doing a search using this site's search box and entering his name into it suggests that there is no thread to bring his plight to people's attention.

http://www.speedwaylive.eu/filip-sitera-se-zotavuje-v-kladrubech/

• Like 3

Just bringing this thread up again to highlight it. From what I've read today Vitaly is making small, but positive, progress. He has had some financial assistance from Russian fans but (and this really shocked me) not a single donation from Europe. Guessing this might be because his case hasn't been greatly publicised, so thought I'd post the information for anyone who might wish to help Vitaly in his rehab but didn't know how (also today happens to be his birthday.) Details are on this page. http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/557096/witalij-bielousow-walczy-o-powrot-do-pelnej-sprawnosci-zaczalem-ruszac-palcami-p

I have no personal ties to Vitaly, aside from enjoying seeing him ride in the SWC, but this story resonated with me, as I'm sure it does with many other speedway fans.

From what I have seen Emil was at the recent meeting in Wittstock(was down to ride,but was injured)and put his racesuit from the SEC up for auction and the proceeds were to be donated to Vitaly.A week or more later Emil was on Facebook really angry that the person who won the auction still hadn't donated the money....although there was a reported 5,000 crowd,the scene is quite close knit and I would be surprised if the person was unknown to everyone .Hopefully just a mix up.But I would be surprised if there weren't other donations on the night,especially from the promoters who are also one of Emils sponsors.I would think if the money doesn't turn up they might donate it themselves

taken from the speedweek report

Wie angekündigt war auch Europameister Emil Sayfutdinov als Gast vor Ort und schrieb im Vorfeld genauso wie alle anderen Aktiven fleißig Autogramme. Der Russe initiierte auch eine Spendenaktion zu Gunsten seines schwer verletzten Landsmanns Vitaly Belousov, an der sich viele Zuschauer beteiligten.

Edited by iris123

I did read too there has been no donations from Europe, absolutely shocking and his rehabilitation costs are about £80 a day in Russia. As for Filip a friend did say he was in a wheelchair but I had not read anything about a crash involving him not even in the Speedway Star. Bit sad really.

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates