British Speedway Forum
dump that clutch

Swindon 2016 - A New Era Starts...we Thought..

The difference with Reading, of course, is that Smallmead stadium closed down before another was started.

At least, as we stand, the current stadium is keeping going. As long as that is still the situation then I think we should remain positive and we have that as a bargaining tool.

I don't think it's fair to criticise the Swindon promotion as they are doing what anyone would do in the situation. Many people complain that they are not making statements, so they make a statement and people then complain it doesn't tell enough. But all they can do is relay what they have.

Terry and Rosco are obviously committed to continue speedway at Swindon. We have that in our favour too. The Reading promotion (perhaps wisely for them) got out while still ahead, and knowing that the lease had been whittled down and would end.

I'll remain with my glass half full until there is reason not to, but nothing can be certain until building actually starts.

• Like 2

Reading the latest update and aside from Stadia UK's chequered history, they clearly want the new stadium to be built so that greyhounds, hospitality and betting can continue. Swindon speedway is an important tenant in that scenario and its good to hear that July 2016 is the newly revised date.

The difference with Reading, of course, is that Smallmead stadium closed down before another was started.

At least, as we stand, the current stadium is keeping going. As long as that is still the situation then I think we should remain positive and we have that as a bargaining tool.

I don't think it's fair to criticise the Swindon promotion as they are doing what anyone would do in the situation. Many people complain that they are not making statements, so they make a statement and people then complain it doesn't tell enough. But all they can do is relay what they have.

Terry and Rosco are obviously committed to continue speedway at Swindon. We have that in our favour too. The Reading promotion (perhaps wisely for them) got out while still ahead, and knowing that the lease had been whittled down and would end.

I'll remain with my glass half full until there is reason not to, but nothing can be certain until building actually starts.

Most fans have been positive about the new stadium happening, but one must remember that speedway only rents it and all the planning applications etc have been put forward by Stadia.

The only criticism has been about the comments by TR against the fans, these are the fans who did see and report on the delays and reasons for them which have now proved to be the case. The fans new that the timescales put out were unrealistic and the speedway management should have realised that.

Most fans want to see the stadium built asap and will back any moves to the hilt to get it started, even if it means there will be issues re parking etc while it is being built.

Next signing to be announced tomorrow with possibly another on monday, Nick and who else?

Edited by A ORLOV

Rosco has said on facebook a ''new'' signing tomorrow which suggests a rider who wasn't in the 2015 team. I hope for Shamek Pawlicki but I reckon it'll be someone who is UK based. Maybe Josh Grajczonek.

Reading the latest update and aside from Stadia UK's chequered history, they clearly want the new stadium to be built so that greyhounds, hospitality and betting can continue. Swindon speedway is an important tenant in that scenario and its good to hear that July 2016 is the newly revised date.

I am certain that the developers and Stadia UK would prefer more houses and no stadium.

Stadia UK depend on the BAGS contract, without which the greyhound operation would not be profitable. And those meetings could probably be switched to Poole - where thankfully they are only tenants of Poole Borough Council.

If it's a new rider & we know Nick will be back then it will give us a fair idea who the last signing will be.

I'd like Nick & Josh if Zengi ain't coming back but if we finish it with someone like Rohan then we'll be pretty inconsistent but that will be down to the points we have left.

With Nick we have 12.53 left for the final 2 riders so will we go for 2 solid 6 pointers like Josh & one other or a outright heatleader like Zengi & have 4.74 left for last 2nd string.

Nick, Troy & Peter Karlsson fit & I feel we need an experienced 2nd string who could push for a heat leader birth as the season goes on.

Edited by Crazy robin

Most fans have been positive about the new stadium happening, but one must remember that speedway only rents it and all the planning applications etc have been put forward by Stadia.

The only criticism has been about the comments by TR against the fans, these are the fans who did see and report on the delays and reasons for them which have now proved to be the case. The fans new that the timescales put out were unrealistic and the speedway management should have realised that.

Most fans want to see the stadium built asap and will back any moves to the hilt to get it started, even if it means there will be issues re parking etc while it is being built.

Next signing to be announced tomorrow with possibly another on monday, Nick and who else?

Great post ..my problem has been with the press statements and giving out false promises that we knew could not be kept ...all we wanted to hear was that we are at the abbey intill we hear otherwise ..all the fans would have accepted that as they know the club has no control over when the stadium can be built . But of course as each promise has been broken the fans have quite rightly given them some stick

Edited by orion

Michelsen seems happy to have signed somewhere on twatter today....wonder if the timing will be more than coincidence

Michelsen seems happy to have signed somewhere on twatter today....wonder if the timing will be more than coincidence

He looked cracking in the Swedish league & would be a cracking signing.

Who's asset is he, Eastbourne?.

• Like 1

Good signing for the Robins, rode well last season and still improvinToallt

Very much agree.

To prove a point. Jose may well come back to haunt the Pirates should we both get to the the play-offs!... Time will tell!?

Edited by Poole Quay 7

He looked cracking in the Swedish league & would be a cracking signing.

Who's asset is he, Eastbourne?.

As far as i know....i think (maybe hopefully) he could well be the one announced Monday as Nick is a given anyway..we shall see