British Speedway Forum

For what its worth, I firmly believe that speedway in the UK desperately needs to get back to having a high number of Friday > Sunday tracks. There is a desperate need to get youngsters interested in watching live speedway. My daughter loves speedway but hardly ever gets to see it live, as being 12 years old she can't go to speedway on a school night. The local track to where she lives only operates on a Wednesday night, and annoyingly there are never local Bank Holiday meetings nowadays either so we really are limited to school holiday times, or indeed Cardiff for the GP

• Like 4

Thats what it should be..

Yes of course it should. Yet another rule that wouldn't affect Poole. :rofl:

• Like 1

we hear stories of promoters "don't make money" or "run at a loss"....do these promoters work throughout the winter period then?

how can ANYBODY, run a business at a loss, then have 5 months off?......everybody needs a living wage??

Most of them are promoters because they are already successful in business. If you won the Euro lottery or headed a group of companies, you could probably be a promoter, but it's very unlikely that it would add anything to your wealth.

THe new Chairman is talking of two race nights for the EL..... my money is on Wednesday and Friday

In my opinion the two race nights need to be on consecutive days with teams riding at home one night and away the next. If there's a day or days between the race nights, some riders will fly to the continent and race there in between negating any benefits to rider schedules or finances.

Alun Rossiter has already indicated that Fridays are the intended race night, therefore if the compromise of two race nights is reached, Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday seem the most logical conclusion.

In my opinion the two race nights need to be on consecutive days with teams riding at home one night and away the next. If there's a day or days between the race nights, some riders will fly to the continent and race there in between negating any benefits to rider schedules or finances.

Alun Rossiter has already indicated that Fridays are the intended race night, therefore if the compromise of two race nights is reached, Thursday and Friday or Friday and Saturday seem the most logical conclusion.

Even on GP Nights? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :blink:

Even on GP Nights? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :blink:

With the decline of GP riders in the British Leagues, why not? There's only likely to be five GP riders representing British teams.

Even teams with GP riders could plan around the series if they put some effort into it, and ride on alternate Saturdays to the GP.....there are rumoured to be only 9 European GP's in 2016 which would leave many Saturdays free.

I accept much in speedway could be better organised/arranged etc but be thankful we are not followers of athletics.

Why not, most GP riders don't ride here anyway.

With the decline of GP riders in the British Leagues, why not? There's only likely to be five GP riders representing British teams.

Even teams with GP riders could plan around the series if they put some effort into it, and ride on alternate Saturdays to the GP.....there are rumoured to be only 9 European GP's in 2016 which would leave many Saturdays free.

Because as long as the GPs are Televised - Supporters of Clubs would be tempted to stay at home and watch the GP live.

Especially on a cold night.

That's why.

Most promoters have other incomes, usually from other businesses they run.

Some are involved in speedway simply as a tax loss. Lose money to speedway or pay it over to the tax man...either way the money doesn't stay in their pockets. So what's the difference? For the number of years that the Dugards have been crying about the losses at Eastbourne, you have to wonder how long it would have been before a genuine business that stands or falls on its own merits would have survived if there wasn't "other money" propping it up.

Because as long as the GPs are Televised - Supporters of Clubs would be tempted to stay at home and watch the GP live.

Especially on a cold night.

That's why.

Not if you read the BTsport have the GPs thread lol

Not if you read the BTsport have the GPs thread lol

That can be got around with very little investment. I have SKY and I can get BT Sport too (I don't pay for it) I don't know how - my son is the expert.

Let us know how you get bt twk,I've got sky but can't get bt sport unless I pay for it

Let us know how you get bt twk,I've got sky but can't get bt sport unless I pay for it

Apologies to everyone. I got it wrong. Unbeknowest to me - my son is paying for it.

Again, many apologies.