British Speedway Forum

What a joke the BSPA are! They make the rules, simply make the change and bring it forward confirming new officials ! They don't want any outside influence so should be easy. All this rubbish about canf confirm a new chairman until early November, who brought that rule in the BSPA! So they can change it and bring it forward. We won't see any signings until November as the clubs will be worried the rules will change.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

Love how the Swedes announce the rules months before the season starts, we seem to rush it through right near the start, ridiculous.

• Like 2

Love how the Swedes announce the rules months before the season starts, we seem to rush it through right near the start, ridiculous.

...and here there are complaints that the rules are released too close to the next season or at least too close to the squad declaration deadline.

I also think that 2 months notice is a little too short when it comes to things that directly affects the squad/team assembly.

The only thing I expect to see is the rules being adjusted to suit one particular club, and not for the good of the sport as a whole.

Oh no ! Not another season with the rules being adjusted to suit Belle Vue !

Oh no ! Not another season with the rules being adjusted to suit Belle Vue !

me no like that gonynosaythat goninoo so just hawdyer wesh

• Like 1

So whats the point of an early AGM if they are not going to announce anything till the first week in November. If there's no offfical statement clubs cant get on with anything in case theres any last minute changes

Does anyone know when the National League AGM is?, could be a few new teams in the league next year which is all good!

actually they have maybe learned from the past

maybe they have decided what route they want to take send everyone away and come back in a couple of weeks to discuss why it wont work

So whats the point of an early AGM if they are not going to announce anything till the first week in November. If there's no offfical statement clubs cant get on with anything in case theres any last minute changes

Is this any different to previous years?

I thought they'd had pre-AGMs for several years now, it's just that they're telling the public now. And since they've got to hold another meeting to vote in the chairman and committee, which is the 'must attend or you're out' one?

Is this any different to previous years?

I thought they'd had pre-AGMs for several years now, it's just that they're telling the public now. And since they've got to hold another meeting to vote in the chairman and committee, which is the 'must attend or you're out' one?

They made a point of stating after last years AGM that this year they were bringing forward the AGM by "at least a month" so clubs could get on with signing riders before they disappeared for the winter.

So I don't think this is a pre-AGM as such, or is it? Who knows with this lot!

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

They made a point of stating after last years AGM that this year they were bringing forward the AGM by "at least a month" so clubs could get on with signing riders before they disappeared for the winter.

So I don't think this is a pre-AGM as such, or is it? Who knows with this lot!

This is THE AGM but although they voted last year to bring it forward, it seems they forgot that their constitution only allows them to vote in November and didn't change that as I'm sure they could have at the time.

This is THE AGM but although they voted last year to bring it forward, it seems they forgot that their constitution only allows them to vote in November and didn't change that as I'm sure they could have at the time.

..and they could have at any time by creating an extraordinary general meeting beforehand.

According to a new announcement on the Lakeside website there is a cooling off period before any announcements, and reading between the lines it seems to be due to seeing who will be prepared to sign up to the EDR next year. However Jon Cook and Neil Vatcher say they have enough information to start signing three or four riders plus of course AJ who has already said he is coming.

Every other promotion must presumably be in the same boat and able to start signing riders if they have not already done so.

I don't know what people are moaning about..99% couldn't particularly care who the new chairman or MC are going to be, as it will make no difference till the season starts, we are going to have details of any major rule changes around 2-3 weeks earlier than normal and team announcements are likely to follow .