British Speedway Forum

Not bad line up for Plymouth so far, but does anyone know anything about Gjedde more recent form.

What is his recent form.

Where has he been riding for the last season.

Looks to me that he has been pretty inactive since a bad crash in Denmark a few years ago.

Charlie Gjedde, Sam Simota, all we need to do now is get Paco's Dad and Davtd Mulletts sheep to nibble the centre green for a Reading Racers Revival night!!!

Must admit Gjedde is a bit of an odd signing, I mean its not like he seemed to be on anyone's shopping list during this close season. If he can get back to the kind of form he had a few seasons ago, all well and good, but beware signing the rider who has spent the kind of time away from regular racing like Gjeede has.

Must admit Gjedde is a bit of an odd signing, I mean its not like he seemed to be on anyone's shopping list during this close season. If he can get back to the kind of form he had a few seasons ago, all well and good, but beware signing the rider who has spent the kind of time away from regular racing like Gjeede has.

A bit like your lot signing seb alden reslly! Edited by lewy
  • Like 1

A bit like your lot signing seb alden reslly!

Yes it is, though at least with Adlen, he rode some meetings towards the end of last season, I`m not sure Gjedde did that.

By finishing in front of other riders:-)

That's an improvement on what Plymouth have been used to I suppose since joining the Premier League!

;)

Edited by Najjer

That's an improvement on what Plymouth have been used to I suppose since joining the Premier League!

;)

Only time will tell najjer last season was great for our little club snd hopefully we can build on that we might even beat your lot home and away in the league again. Will be interesting to see your side when announced tmrw👍 Edited by lewy

Only time will tell najjer last season was great for our little club snd hopefully we can build on that we might even beat your lot home and away in the league again. Will be interesting to see your side when announced tmrw👍

Absolutely - a lot will depend on who your final rider is, whether it's someone who can hold their own at reserve or a Roland Benko sort of rider. The team assembled so far though looks pretty tidy, especially at home.

So did gjedde:-)

Not sure that's true.

2013 injured missed entire season

2014 6.49 average in DSL (Kenneth Hansen (2014) and Ulrich Ostergaard (2015) are the closest comparisons)

2015 retired

TBH Charlie Gjedde is a far better rider Than Alden or Edburg who Berwick fans seem to adore.

Let's hope he stays injury free as he's a fantastic little rider

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

I'd rather drag Gjedde out of retirement than Alden. Gjedde spent half his EL career as a 7+ rider while Alden hit 6 at one point before being sacked when it dropped back into the 5s. Alden is only ever a 7ish PL rider but Gjedde has generally been an 8.5+ rider.

Gjedde has some class, Alden is just ok.

I'd fully expect Gjedde to come good, he may start with a few ordinary performances but by the end of the season I bet he's back to being a 9 point man.

I wouldn't have been upset if Coventry had signed Gjedde rather than Woryna.

Edited by SCB