British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Glasgow V Edinburgh The Final 16th/17th October @7.30pm/7.00pm

Its really easy for Skippy Sarjeant.

Sit still

don`t anticipate the start.

Keep front wheel still.

Drop clutch when tapes rise.

Give it a try, you might catch on.........

• Like 1

Sit still

Keep front wheel still.

TBF not once did he move yesterday i stand right at the tapes and he was just making perfect start's think this is overlooked more often than not the boy is just a great gater and for that reason he is being tarred by a certain few because he is a great gater

Anyway what was your view on his gating yesterday.

Ticket prices tigers £17. TBH I'm fortunate enough can afford it, and we are getting our moneys worth this season. But hopefully this isn't putting anyone off.

One things for sure, regardless of the speedway, Ashfield will put on a good show.

TBF not once did he move yesterday i stand right at the tapes and he was just making perfect start's think this is overlooked more often than not the boy is just a great gater and for that reason he is being tarred by a certain few because he is a great gater

Anyway what was your view on his gating yesterday.

I think the Refs just panic if some gets a perfect start,Summers got a flier in one race IMO and was not pulled back.I though Sargeant had 1 really perfect start but the ref pulled it back.I Personaly think the number of races pulled back is joke. The start Marshal needs get get the riders nearer the tapes to stop "anticipation"IMO
  • Like 2

If the ref thinks someone is anticipating the start, why can`t he/she then alter the timing so to stop this? or am i missing something?

Once green light they can push button when he /she deems fit and if necessary hold them a second or 2 longer to catch the jumpers.

• Like 1

Why not? It's a legitimate tactic.

• Like 1

This might sound stupid and I am willing to take some stick on this matter,but IMO the bottom Tape should be lower down, so as the rider has to wait longer before he drops the clutch after the magnets release to get under them,that way riders definitely have to stay still.I will still be the same for every body when to drop the clutch.

good idea from I am sure that back in the 50s at St Austell the tapes had 4 elements across which put the bottom tape closer to the ground I guess the reduction in tapes is to save money

Will Friday's meeting be the first time that the floodlights have been used at Ashfield ?

If so, remembering the problems they had when they installed a new starting gate, I hope they are fully tested before Friday.

Will Friday's meeting be the first time that the floodlights have been used at Ashfield ?

If so, remembering the problems they had when they installed a new starting gate, I hope they are fully tested before Friday.

No.

No.

I was going to reply but after the pub posting by Cyclone your answer is more than adequate.

Sit still

Keep front wheel still.

Cook was one of the biggest culprits before Sarj came along ffs :)
  • Like 1

surely theres nothing wrong with anticipating the start as long as your not moving

• Like 3

I go back a long way in speedway and remember the days when Dougie Templeton used to "duck under" the tapes before they were right up (well.... my Mum reminded me!)

As far as I am concerned, if a rider anticipates the start without rolling and without touching the tapes...... let it go!!!

Personally, I feel for James. When a young rider is under so much scrutiny, it must be really difficult to "get it right"

• Like 4

good idea from I am sure that back in the 50s at St Austell the tapes had 4 elements across which put the bottom tape closer to the ground I guess the reduction in tapes is to save money

It's not the number of tapes that there is, the slide on the gate would have to be lower to make tapes lower. :t::cheers: