British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poland 2016 Season Extraleague News

Now confirmed that div 1 and 2 will be amalgamated in 2016-however it is all a bit of a farce as there will be 11 clubs but Rawicz and Opole will only race at home (10 matches)and away at the other club. more news when I have tried to fathom it all out !!!!!

Just to be clear - and for the uninitiated - does that mean the ExtraLeague (tier 1) stays as is and it is tiers 2 & 3 that are combining?

I am given to understand that the main fixtures will be out Thursday afternoon.

Thank you. In installments apparently. Anyone with a 3-day InterRail ticket for Poland will have a whale of a time on the weekend of 8-10 April. The rest though, we'll have to wait for.

Friday 8th April = Leszno v Stal Gorzow

Saturday 9th April = Grudziadz v Tarnow

Sunday 10th April = Ribnik v Torun & Mickey Mouse v Sparta Poznan Wroclaw

To be honest it is all foolish working against each other.Typical of speedway.We once had Teterow and Güstrow doing the same.Just 30km or so apart but running meetings on the same night.I remember leaving Teterow early one meeting and on my way home came past Güstrow and their meeting was still running.Thought of stopping, and popping in,but only for a few seconds then rode on :P

The trouble is even in Poland their muscles are getting weaker as we have seen this winter.Poland is also a country in something of a crisis and TVP are also a media company in a crisis.A number of top journalists have left in the past few days in protest at political interference.....Speedway isn't strong enough to have one league fighting against another.That does though largely mean the UK reducing the number of nights/days they want to run meetings

As I said on the Champions league thread a new promotion company coming into the sport could well end up with even more in fighting,although it seems they want to keep the CL as a one off meeting at the moment,so any possible conflicts are at a minimum

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

This is I think what is happening with the amalgamated div 1 and 2 in 2016

Rzeszow

Bydgoszcz

Lodz

Pila

Daugavpils

Gdansk

Krakow

Czestochowa

Krosno

Rawicz

Opole

these are the 11 teams taking part-the first 9 teams listed are riding each other home and away(16 matches) plus riding away at Rawicz and Opole thus making in total 18 matches in the regular season for each of these 9 teams.

Rawicz and Opole will race 10 home matches(against each team once) plus Rawicz will ride at Opole away and Opole will ride at Rawicz-so Rawicz and Opole will ride a regular season of 11 matches each.

The 9 teams (excluding Rawicz and Opole) will be given a 40-0 victory and 2 match points for the non-home meetings against Rawicz and Opole.

ARE YOU STILL WITH ME :lol:

I still can`t work out the play-offs format- however I do know that

the winning finalist will be invited into the extraleague in 2017

the losing finalist will have a race off with the 2nd from bottom team in the Extraleague

teams 1-8 will form div 1 in 2017

teams 9-11 will form basis of div 2 in 2017 along with any new licence teams.

So are we basically saying that Rawicz and Opole can't afford to field competitive teams so they are being allowed to compete because PZM need the teams but aren't allowed to ride away because they would be thrashed and be bad box office for the other tracks.

So are we basically saying that Rawicz and Opole can't afford to field competitive teams so they are being allowed to compete because PZM need the teams but aren't allowed to ride away because they would be thrashed and be bad box office for the other tracks.

Yes

This does rather prove that even with large gates and plenty of income it's still possible to thoroughly screw-up speedway.

Regarding the Extraleague use of Fridays - it does suggest that they are making sure that if Britain goes for a two night race week, then they'll do the same, and they'd rather like Fridays.

I must admit that this is stupid idea for two night race week. They are going to destroy Ekstraliga, just like happened with Eliteleague.

I must admit that this is stupid idea for two night race week. They are going to destroy Ekstraliga, just like happened with Eliteleague.

Actually 3 days for 1st 2 rounds-Friday,Saturday and Sunday- great for us TV/stream viewers, all the matches shown(4) in each round. Happy days !!!!

Are some of these Fridays before a GP on the Saturday?

Are some of these Fridays before a GP on the Saturday?

Obviously not ;) nor are they before the SEC rounds or GP qualification or u21 comps-in other words about the only 7 free Friday`s of the season :lol: