British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Heard rumours that Ayres is the no 7. From the Kent team prefered Shanes but...........Prob Davies or Auty/Douglas next as unfinished business.

This could make a team close to Auty, Holub, Douglas, Davies, Lanham, Wilko & Ayres/Shanes.

Not disappointed if that's close

Apparently the Draft 3ptr has never ridden PL before; so would rule out Ellis; but I would have liked Ellis to get another chance; which he never really got last time. The French Connection could be a red herring; Robs got previous form for winding us up; and then it turns out different; so it might not be Jingle Bell-ego for Christmas when it comes to it.

Looking forward to Thursday; its fun this isn't it?- a Scorpion delivered every week.

Danny Ayres fits the bill, I think he was meant to be in the Stags team in 2014 but for some reason never rode.

Very young man not sure of who the said protagonist is as I have heard the same rumours and misinformation that you have , problem with most of the rumours you hear I start them and most aren't true.

• Like 3

Rumours, rumours and more rumours All we can do is just wait and see.

I have just been on the SGB site and seen the new "Key Appointments Photo" Rob G. doesn't look very happy, is it because he couldn't have his photo taken in his favourite set of overalls ?

• Like 1

Pepe Franc(e)?

I reckon your on to something here NBT; good call. Franc's done GP's; and knows the tracks in the PL. Also could keep a watching brief over Czech mate Zednek during his first PL season. Fits perfect; the French references point to Bellego; but that would be just lazy tweeting; Franc as in Pepe not as in French franc. Zoot alors !

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Danny Ayres fits the bill, I think he was meant to be in the Stags team in 2014 but for some reason never rode.

Yes he was supposed to after he'd done a couple of MDL meetings. As was Scooter Webster, anyone know what happened to him?

I reckon your on to something here NBT; good call. Franc's done GP's; and knows the tracks in the PL. Also could keep a watching brief over Czech mate Zednek during his first PL season. Fits perfect; the French references point to Bellego; but that would be just lazy tweeting; Franc as in Pepe not as in French franc. Zoot alors !

Heres me thinking Pepe was spanish, suppose you learn something everyday :)

Taylor poole ??

IF Taylor gets a visa he'll be back at Sheffield. He was a certain starter for 2015 until the visa problems

IF Taylor gets a visa he'll be back

Edited by lewy

We'll see but I'm sure visa permitting he'll be at scunny!

Not sure when the State Finals take place but could or would Scunthorpe will till then, any decent alternatives to Poole might`ve been signed up other teams.

Not sure when the State Finals take place but could or would Scunthorpe will till then, any decent alternatives to Poole might`ve been signed up other teams.

Rob says Scunthorpe have signed their whole team already, so its not him.

Cant be Taylor Poole if he has to qualify as Rob said he knows the team, Same with Ryan, he must be on a 2 year visa if hes in the team, again Rob wouldnt annouce the team if theyhe were not quaranteed to be available?,What average would an unknown french rider come in on? 7? 5? i think its odds on Carlos starting at reserve and dont think Rob wuld risk 2 unknowns again.

My money is still on Bellego as long as he dosent ride Poland sundays,.. islander you must of typed as i posting lol

Edited by neck brace tony

Cant be Taylor Poole if he has to qualify as Rob said he knows the team, Same with Ryan, he must be on a 2 year visa if hes in the team, again Rob wouldnt annouce the team if theyhe were not quaranteed to be available?,What average would an unknown french rider come in on? 7? 5? i think its odds on Carlos starting at reserve and dont think Rob wuld risk 2 unknowns again.

My money is still on Bellego as long as he dosent ride Poland sundays,.. islander you must of typed as i posting lol

Bellego was in the Rawicz squad last season but didn't get a huge amount of meetings out in Poland, it would be difficult to seeing him giving up on Poland, but its obvious he`s not returning to parent club Berwick, and looking unlikely he will return to Sheffield so a season, and full time employment at Scunthorpe might be on the cards.

Bellego was in the Rawicz squad last season but didn't get a huge amount of meetings out in Poland, it would be difficult to seeing him giving up on Poland, but its obvious he`s not returning to parent club Berwick, and looking unlikely he will return to Sheffield so a season, and full time employment at Scunthorpe might be on the cards.

I think injury caused him to miss a lot of meetings he was out for Approx 2 months.