British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

In signing Davies, as they have with Poole, haven't Scunthorpe got two riders who are still to qualify for a visa to ride over here next season.

• Like 1

In signing Davies, as they have with Poole, haven't Scunthorpe got two riders who are still to qualify for a visa to ride over here next season.

No Alex "The Thunder" Davies is Visa Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! pal.

What a blooming wind up by Rob and..and best of it is; he gets Alex and his Mrs in on it as well !. Classic stuff and proper use of social media to wind us all up. Never slept all night trying to reason it all out; for Gods sake ! #LoveScunnySpeedwayLoveThursdays. Made up to have The Thunder back; did not like the idea of him lining up against us next season one little bit.

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

No Alex "The Thunder" Davies is Visa Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ! pal.

What a blooming wind up by Rob and..and best of it is; he gets Alex and his Mrs in on it as well !. Classic stuff and proper use of social media to wind us all up. Never slept all night trying to reason it all out; for Gods sake ! #LoveScunnySpeedwayLoveThursdays. Made up to have The Thunder back; did not like the idea of him lining up against us next season one little bit.

Fair enough.......pal. :blink:

Rob, What you doing to us .....that was some Scare! Welcome back Alex ( My rider of the year! ) Brilliant to finally know you are part of our team. Good luck in 2016.

Alex is getting married and living over here so hes visa free, the statement says hes clear to stay for 3 yrs, so does that mean he has to reach a 7pt average in 3 yrs or just review his situation in 3 yrs, ie may decide to return to oz ?

Any guesses for the 3 pointer

Ill guess 1 of Ellis Perks / Daniel Halsey / James Shanes

Ill guess 1 of Ellis Perks / Daniel Halsey / James Shanes

I hope someone goes for Shanes. Can't gate to save his life but his riding after that is amazing.

Scunny would suit him down to the ground..................but he lives in Dorset.

Halsey would be a good choice rides Scunthorpe very well

Why would he,

in his mid twenties and still in NL, cannot see it happening for him in PL

Not sure anyone will go for Halsey. I think Shanes will end up somewhere local like Somerset or Plymouth.

My strong suspicion is that your new number 7 will be getting some laps in at the EWR this weekend.

I hope someone goes for Shanes. Can't gate to save his life but his riding after that is amazing.

Scunny would suit him down to the ground..................but he lives in Dorset.

I hope it's Scunthorpe as he's a delight to watch! But I guess Somerset or Plymouth again is more likely.