British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

I am amazed he has gone on a full transfer, I hope they paid a lot.

ya know what its like when you win the lottery ? you get loads of begging letters and calls . so you feel sorry for them and give them your money because they have something you think you want .

scunny wanted money, glasgow had it , scunny took it , glasgow discard item 12 months later , cos they can .disposable income .

What is a reasonable transfer fee for a rider of Nike Lunna's calibre these days?... Lunna is young, bags of potential, national under 21 champ... An amount equivalent to whatever it would cost a club in loan fees for 4 or 5 years?

A Lot, a large number or amount; a great deal.

Thanks for clearing that up i am much more clued up now.

However I somehow don't think we will have paid your definition off a lot for a 4.50 rider granted with potential but would imagine that he would not have commanded a Lot for the fee.

What is a reasonable transfer fee for a rider of Nike Lunna's calibre these days?... Lunna is young, bags of potential, national under 21 champ... An amount equivalent to whatever it would cost a club in loan fees for 4 or 5 years?

He is only worth what someone want's to pay basically and if it is acceptable to the selling club.

Edited by Gazc

In Speedway circles transfer fees have never really amounted to much. Its not like football; remember we (Bradford) paid a record fee for Joe Screen back in 1994 from Belle Vue. Think it was about £30k and may still be the record ?. So Nike ? the cost of replacing part of the EWR air fence !

In Speedway circles transfer fees have never really amounted to much. Its not like football; remember we (Bradford) paid a record fee for Joe Screen back in 1994 from Belle Vue. Think it was about £30k and may still be the record ?. So Nike ? the cost of replacing part of the EWR air fence !

If the price was the cost of every panel he hit this year it could be near the record!

Gazc is right..He is only worth what someone want's to pay basically and if it is acceptable to the selling club.

There ain't much money in speedway, we all know that.. I guess even loan fee's are minimal?.. My question is, what would the total cost of 4/5 years loan fee's amount to?..£3-4000 ish? Is that a reasonable amount for a rider of his calibre? That would be about the right amount of cash needed to enable Scunny to replace the air panels Nike bust last year..lol

Out of interest, anyone on here know how much loan fee's are these days?

He is also a foreign rider who could choose at any point never to return to the UK.

He is also a foreign rider who could choose at any point never to return to the UK.

​That is very true.. a risk a buying club would need to consider.

If the price was the cost of every panel he hit this year it could be near the record!

How did I know that was coming !

Gazc is right..He is only worth what someone want's to pay basically and if it is acceptable to the selling club.

There ain't much money in speedway, we all know that.. I guess even loan fee's are minimal?.. My question is, what would the total cost of 4/5 years loan fee's amount to?..£3-4000 ish? Is that a reasonable amount for a rider of his calibre? That would be about the right amount of cash needed to enable Scunny to replace the air panels Nike bust last year..lol

Out of interest, anyone on here know how much loan fee's are these days?

you should ask the lone a ranger . ido BELIEVE it goes oe riders average .

They built the team around him last year and he struggled at first, but then he ended with some good scores, has a real average now and is very entertaining to watch. Surely that ticks all Rob's boxes and now is when Scunny want him, rather than a gamble last winter? I'm tempted to agree that maybe Glasgow offered a lot of money, but he's not really been in the picture all winter as Rob knew his team very early. So I'm a bit confused by this one.

Rob just verified on Twitter Nike to Glasgee is a full transfer and a good one for both clubs. Also we have to get our cameras ready for next Thursdays reveal of Scorpion7. Think its David Bailey ! Crash bang wallop what a picture what a photograph !

This one rides on wheels of steele !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPQyd_kELVw

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 1

Rob just verified on Twitter Nike to Glasgee is a full transfer and a good one for both clubs. Also we have to get our cameras ready for next Thursdays reveal of Scorpion7. Think its David Bailey ! Crash bang wallop what a picture what a photograph !

This one rides on wheels of steele !

Maybe a swap deal with maybe berge or victor going in opp direction

haha good old twitter clues!!! only one getting the camera out will be me!!!!

If they follow how they usually do they are being done on purpose to suit the fact that people are saying it is josh bailey.

Josh does not fit the original statement that rob said that the rider goes well/fast around the EWR

His record is 2pts from 5 heats vs stags in KOC in 2014 and 8pts from 4 hts later that year in the league