British Speedway Forum
Paul Johnson

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2016?

Lewy,

The amount of time you spend on the Scunny threads, dont fight it any longer just embrace it and admit deep down you are a closet fan.

• Like 3

Be interesting to see the changes Rob & Dave decide to make, realistically I don't think scunny could afford to bring in Compton or Procter but id rather see our asset base build and sign Lyager, he looks a great prospect.

So if Lyager comes in for Morris then my guess is the other rider leaving will be Holub, think he has potential but we can't afford to wait for it so that leaves us 6.75 to replace him with, we could bring back MPT but we would still have a point to play with, I am honestly unsure what we are going to do with this one and fancy Rob and Dave to pull something out of left field and sign someone we don't expect, can't wait to see who!

• Like 1

Lewy,

The amount of time you spend on the Scunny threads, dont fight it any longer just embrace it and admit deep down you are a closet fan.

Lewy surely when you allegedly visited the

Ewr you witnessed some ok racing it wasn't as good as normal because your team are crap..a team full of gating tarts who enjoy your toy track..stay on your own thread and bore everyone else on there.

• Like 1

Lewy surely when you allegedly visited the

Ewr you witnessed some ok racing it wasn't as good as normal because your team are crap..a team full of gating tarts who enjoy your toy track..stay on your own thread and bore everyone else on there.

Good morning to you aswell i,m more than confident the devils will finish higher than your team of racers even if we finish 12th
  • Like 1

Lyager must be nailed on given all previous assurances, IMO Palm Toft will be in, most logical choice but not necessarily the best?

That was a truly outstanding meeting put on by Scunthorpe and the 16 riders. It was thoroughly entertaining throughout and a fantastic race track!!

• Like 3

Oh my oh my what a meeting the British Semi Final was last night. Truly out of superlatives for the outstanding racing but then again I knew that you could not put out that quality of field on the EWR and not have one hell of a humdinger. Had Sky covered it Kelvin and Nigel would have been going nuts !!. Shame the cameras were not there.

Richard Hall arch villan at Scunny and out of a job at Sheffield had superb night and was even a hero when Kyle Howarth went full pelt under Josh Auty felling him to the track. So full marks to Hall for dumping his bike quick fire! to avoid hitting the Scorpions No1. Up gets Richard Hall to immediately check that Josh was ok reversing an unsavoury incident that went off between them at the EWR in the past. Hats off to Richard Hall !

The action on track was neck and neck no quarter given all night. Witness Josh Bates v Jason Garrity (as Rob says; "the let him out for the night) team mates but at it hammer n tongs. But the stand out performer ?.. young Robert Lambert you will not see better execution of speedway round the EWR than his sweeping round the outside of eventual winner Simon Stead to win by nigh on half a lap.

Chris Harris Grand Prix star put his reputation out there with a predominantley Premier League field and needed all of his track craft to stay with the front runners.

The meeting cracked along at an incredible pace.1hr 30mins for 21 races with riders put on two mins consistently up to the tapes to keep things moving. No delays.

Just a massive thank you to all the riders; officials and Scunthorpe Speedway for reminding all of us lucky enough to be there why when Speedway is done proper its still is the Greatest Show on Earth !

Edited by the outsider
  • Like 9

Josh Auty 7.60

Ryan Douglas 7.05

Alex Davies 6.53

Carl Wilkinson 4.74

Zdenek Holub 3.0

Josh Bailey 3.0

this gives 31.75 and 10.75 pts for the final rider... are we really going to use this on a 7 pt assessed rider who will probably end up as a 5ptr? Although I dont want to see any rider lose there job, I would hope to see at least 2 changes to utilise the points available or get huge big hitter in the Stead/Cooke mould, not sure there is a budget or rider available that fits that scenario.

Giving his scores this season, and slump in average, why would Holub not be the one to go.

• Like 1

Lyager is nailed on robs said it often enough so that only leaves one spot. Also the big hitter you mention isn't out there to have even if we could afford one

• Like 1

Geez lewy... Any chance your mouth bleeds every 28 days...

Edited by Albert
  • Like 1

Mpt was in attendance last night, putting two n two together...?

MPT is in attendance most weeks, now often seen pushing a pram.

• Like 4