British Speedway Forum

suprised you paid 'extra' for anything ;)

I'm full of surprises

takes about 15 days if ye use the post office 'check and send service',,, its only £9.75 extra :)

Only if you are already a UK citizen and dont have complications like dual nationality :P:(

Irrespective of what ever passport he will hold, I think Mitchel Davey is still a poor signing for Edinburgh.

• Like 2

Only if you are already a UK citizen and dont have complications like dual nationality :P:(

Yeah,,, suppose they'll try and charge more for that :(

Yeah,,, suppose they'll try and charge more for that :(

It is ok they will just delve into there begging bowl fund that should cover it.

• Like 1

Yes it would if there was a new British discovery who had never previously ridden in the NL, but was considered good enough to start directly in the PL.

Who was he last rider to ride PL without having raced CL/NL before?

Danny Bird is the only example I can think of.

Ok then, "eligible for the NL and never started a season on an average of 5 or more" - stop any older riders blocking places too, not a bad thing.

Why criticise the Monarchs for signing Davey, go ahead and do it, he's crap anyway!

Irrelevant, it goes against what the system is trying to achieve. Its another example of the rule bending and loophole exploiting which makes British speedway such a joke.

• Like 5

Irrelevant, it goes against what the system is trying to achieve. Its another example of the rule bending and loophole exploiting which makes British speedway such a joke.

here , here . shame on Edinburgh for even thinking about this in the first place . shame on British speedway as well if this is to happen .

• Like 2

Why criticise the Monarchs for signing Davey, go ahead and do it, he's crap anyway!

But under the rules ( remember them ), or by exploiting some technicality, Edinburgh shouldn't be allowed to sign Davey, crap or otherwise.

• Like 4

As other people have said this issue is about the rules. But one thing I can assure you Mitchell is not 'crap'. he's been unlucky with injuries and if he gets some confidence he will do ok at Armadale. so if Edinburgh get him they'll have 2 good reserves whilst many team will only have one.

• Like 1

As other people have said this issue is about the rules. But one thing I can assure you Mitchell is not 'crap'. he's been unlucky with injuries and if he gets some confidence he will do ok at Armadale. so if Edinburgh get him they'll have 2 good reserves whilst many team will only have one.

I agree with this. Mitch is a nice guy and if he signs, I wouldn't be disappointed in having him, considering the rumoured lack of options we have who would want to come north every week.

Really, he just has to score 3 points a meeting to have done his job well IMO, and I fully believe he will do that in the majority of meetings, even if it's just beating his opposite number a couple of times (he's fully capable of second in heat two aswell!)

It maybe is slightly bending the rules but it's not completely breaking them. Also, as has been mentioned before, I can't see us relying on one rider and not be looking at other targets, so something else might crop up if someone changes their mind closer to the start of the season...

Edited by MonarchsMitchy
  • Like 1

here , here . shame on Edinburgh for even thinking about this in the first place . shame on British speedway as well if this is to happen .

You still fail to recognise that Edinburgh didn't agree with the rule and voted against it mainly because they know how difficult it is to find a 3 point rider who will travel and will do a decent job. Max clegg managed it last year but there is a longer list of riders who failled or turned it down. It was voted in so they have to above by the rule but as expected that is what happened so they found an option that works.

Many of the number 7s will really struggle this year as they are not ready and for some it will do them more harm than good. Ironically because of this Mitchell will probably be a success.

Edited by scotchopper