British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Coventry Storm Double Header Sun Oct 25th ---last Meeting In Uk This Season

Say that to the fans that payed good money to see what they thought was 2 teams giving 100% not a team fiddling there averages

How do you know they did it on purpose.. Their number 1 scored well, then second highest point scorer scored well 3 were carrying injuries and one blew up and engine whilst the other had really bad luck?

Because I was at the meeting and saw what was going on,

• Like 1

You can tell what Eastbourne intensions were when they decided to party till 4am the night before rather than clean & service their equipment.

Let's be honest it was a nothing meeting and only about 300 fans in the whole stadium anyway

You can tell what Eastbourne intensions were when they decided to party till 4am the night before rather than clean & service their equipment.

If that is true then I hope none were partaking in any celebratory drinks!

Perhaps if coventry got their fixtures over in good time and not 2 weeks or more after the play off gold cup semi and finals then a, they might have been in them and b, one of the away sides might have tried more than a yard on sunday.

i knew weds night that eastbourne werent going to try a leg and tbh if it gives them leg room for next year i dont blame them one jot

Not too bothered myself whether there was any average fixing going on by Eastbourne or not trying too hard. Well prepared track (thanks to the track staff after all the rain on Saturday) that produced two very entertaining matches with lots of good racing so I got my money's worth thank you. :)

• Like 3

Not too bothered myself whether there was any average fixing going on by Eastbourne or not trying too hard. Well prepared track (thanks to the track staff after all the rain on Saturday) that produced two very entertaining matches with lots of good racing so I got my money's worth thank you. :)

The Martin Knuckey/Danny Ayres battle was a fabulous one, as was Ayres' brave third to first move around the boards in Heat 5.

I found the Mildenhall meeting much more entertaining than the Eastbourne one, because the Mildenhall lads were out there giving it their all.

The first meeting was a farce at times. I think it was Heat 7 were Eastbourne held a 5-1 on the last lap, then both of their riders looked behind, slowed down (with Spiller pulling completely off the track) and let the Coventry riders past, as suddenly the race became a 4-2 to the Storm.

All the best

Rob

Ha, ha - Eastbourne now accused of doing a Poole.

In reality, Wood has been carrying an injury for some weeks, Andrews is a bit prone to parting company with his bike and Spiller's bike wasn't really 100 per cent on Saturday night with Martin Dugard looking worried about it at times. Those three went into the Coventry meeting with problems. 3 for Kelsey is as good as we might hope. 11 and 10 for Brad and Ben was probably par for the course; Marc a tad down with six.

Also, look at how well (not) the Eagles did in the 4s at Coventry.

It maybe it is one of those tracks that they have not weighed up.

Ha ha hold there heads high with 3 trophies. Playing the rule book and lowering the averages like Mildenhall also did in the second match.

Seems like someone over looked that it was possible to do something like that. Who cares if the manage to put a great team together because of it. Smart thinking really. Good luck to them.

Eastbourne Speedway and the Dugards hold your heads in shame

Paying good money?

Is that the meeting they got ripped off for only 9 heats with rye house and nothing done about it. Grow up stop moaning. If Eastbourne wanted to and needed too they would have turned up pulled Coventry pants down. Then your moan we have a Kiwi and a German. Wait till next year 2 Germans and a Fin

Say that to the fans that payed good money to see what they thought was 2 teams giving 100% not a team fiddling there averages

Because I was at the meeting and saw what was going on,

Ha ha hold there heads high with 3 trophies. Playing the rule book and lowering the averages like Mildenhall also did in the second match.

Seems like someone over looked that it was possible to do something like that. Who cares if the manage to put a great team together because of it. Smart thinking really. Good luck to them.

Paying good money?

Is that the meeting they got ripped off for only 9 heats with rye house and nothing done about it. Grow up stop moaning. If Eastbourne wanted to and needed too they would have turned up pulled Coventry pants down. Then your moan we have a Kiwi and a German. Wait till next year 2 Germans and a Fin

I know we have pushed the limits this year but that is too far :rofl:

Edited by Alex2000

There is a finish rider with British passport in the juniors I've seen and maybe a link to Eastbourne from timo and cup of coffee?

Paying good money?

What a pile of garbage this post contains.

The opening sentence comes across as pure arrogance.

The second is one of the silliest things I have read this year. Mildenhall lowering their averages - give me strength. I suppose that explains all that passing they did and the great racing they contributed to.

Who cares. Well every time this sort of thing happens it erodes the sports credibility, wearing away at it bit by bit until it has none left and no paying customers. Is that really what you want?

Talking of paying good money: a) the Rye House meeting (which I was also at) has nothing to do with this meeting B) the people who paid to attend expected to see two speedway matches with both teams trying to win. Did they?

In saying if Eastbourne had wanted to win they would have 'pulled Coventry's pants down' accepts that the Eagles weren't trying and B) overestimates the Eagles. Coventry only lost once at home (and that was when they lost Connor Dwyer early in the match against Birmingham); they might well have won but it would have been a hard fought match (and that's what we paid to see).

As for two Germans and a Finn - you are just trying to wind people up. The Spillers are clearly British (even if they have dual nationality), both have ridden in the British Under 16 Championships and if the Finn has a British passport he is eligible so no big deal.

I think you are the one who should grow up and stop moaning. Eastbourne did something that was, to put it diplomatically 'unwise' and to expect that to go without comment is unreasonable. If you don't like Eastbourne being criticised (and you seem very sensitive about it) then you better hope they behave themselves in the future.

• Like 4

It just goes to prove what a joke speedway is. The farcical scenes at perry Barr on Wednesday, followed by eastbourne's antics on Sunday, are accepted as a normal day at the office for us long suffering speedway fans. No wonder people are walking away from the sport in their droves.

• Like 3

What a pile of garbage this post contains.

The opening sentence comes across as pure arrogance.

The second is one of the silliest things I have read this year. Mildenhall lowering their averages - give me strength. I suppose that explains all that passing they did and the great racing they contributed to.

Who cares. Well every time this sort of thing happens it erodes the sports credibility, wearing away at it bit by bit until it has none left and no paying customers. Is that really what you want?

Talking of paying good money: a) the Rye House meeting (which I was also at) has nothing to do with this meeting B) the people who paid to attend expected to see two speedway matches with both teams trying to win. Did they?

In saying if Eastbourne had wanted to win they would have 'pulled Coventry's pants down' accepts that the Eagles weren't trying and B) overestimates the Eagles. Coventry only lost once at home (and that was when they lost Connor Dwyer early in the match against Birmingham); they might well have won but it would have been a hard fought match (and that's what we paid to see).

As for two Germans and a Finn - you are just trying to wind people up. The Spillers are clearly British (even if they have dual nationality), both have ridden in the British Under 16 Championships and if the Finn has a British passport he is eligible so no big deal.

I think you are the one who should grow up and stop moaning. Eastbourne did something that was, to put it diplomatically 'unwise' and to expect that to go without comment is unreasonable. If you don't like Eastbourne being criticised (and you seem very sensitive about it) then you better hope they behave themselves in the future.

Not a problem with Eastbourne being Criticised as if they are playing the rule book, Look at other clubs that have done it in the past Oxford, Coventry, Poole, Swindon, makes sense to use the rule book to your advantage xxxxx

Not a problem with Eastbourne being Criticised as if they are playing the rule book, Look at other clubs that have done it in the past Oxford, Coventry, Poole, Swindon, makes sense to use the rule book to your advantage xxxxx

Sadly very true and I can think of even more examples.