British Speedway Forum

Lakeside might have a chance at signing Kerr if required at reserve now KL have had to drop him due to switching to Thursday night racing?!

• Like 1

I would sign him up straight away.

Edited by liam

Lakeside might have a chance at signing Kerr if required at reserve now KL have had to drop him due to switching to Thursday night racing?!

It doesn't matter who they sign. They could sign Uncle Tom Cobbley for all the fans care as long as they perform. After all the promotion have been saying, if they finish up constantly losing matches at reserve after the 1-5 have out scored the opposition I am sure the crowd levels will fall to unsustainable levels. Same with the second heatleader. After being told that the promotion acknowledge that they need a second heatleader that can back AJ in the big heats I can't see the fans accepting a glorified second string.

Of course, Cook coukd still pull something out of the bag, and a weak team on paper doesn't necessarily mean a weak team on track, but I do feel this will be a make or break season for the Hammers.

• Like 1

Kerr would be a good reserve for us if Lewis Blackbird (nearly wrote Carl Blackbird, shows my age) actually does ride, quite what the chances of that are heaven knows but Jon must have had some dialogue with him before making his decision to name him.

Whilst the averages of the reserves are now to be included in the teams total (should have applied from day one) there will still be an importance to them although not anywhere near as much as when all reserves were deemed to be the same value.

As far as Blackbird is concerned, I just cannot comprehend our Promotions' mentality on this one.

He's a very competent reserve. A good rider. But at the end of the day, that's about it. He isn't an International star, nor a world beater. And although not a gambler, I'd put a few bob on him never being either.

Why are we still waiting for him to make a decision? The rest of the team-building is potentially put on hold pending Mr. Blackbird deciding whether he wants to ride again, or stay in retirement?

Teams, including ourselves, have had to put up with this pathetic situation already; most recently with Mr. Bridger. It only ends in tears; and a team vacancy that kills the dynamics.

As far as I'm concerned, Mr Blackbird should be given 48 hours to make up his mind. "Do you want to ride for Lakeside, or not". The fact he is still apparently 'making up his mind' hardly convinces me of any commitment.

Can you imagine Poole standing for this load of boll@$?

No, neither can I.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

Lewis Kerr has signed for hammers will change the average slightly for the last two riders

Lewis Kerr has signed for hammers will change the average slightly for the last two riders

Kerr a very good signing if the after effects of his crash don't play on his mind too much but why is he the only rider that Lakeside have signed on the BSPA site.

The absence of 'names' (until now) has baffled me given that 'announcements' have already been made with regard to AJ, Kim, Eddie and Robert.

:t::drink:

Bjarne next then............?! :wink:

:t::drink:

Bjarne next then............?! :wink:

Actually think Bjarne wouldn't be the worst signing for Lakeside, he was always pretty good at Arena Essex i seem to remember a 22 point once with a win off 15 metres obviously he isn't as good as that these days but i am sure he will do a good job and another nice loan fee for Matt!

Would rather we signed Jan Pedersen back to be honest!

Need decent back up for AJ. Where from? I don't know....

Reserves could be a real trump for us though. Potentially the strongest combo in the league.

Kerr a very good signing if the after effects of his crash don't play on his mind too much but why is he the only rider that Lakeside have signed on the BSPA site.

Presumably because the BSPA press office have not been notified of any other signings-as is stated on the bottom of relevant page.

Edited by racers and royals