British Speedway Forum

Today's Speedway Star, referring to Swiders as Lakeside's number 5 tends to back up E I Addio's hypothesis that we are only looking at job sharing for double uppers so Liam may be disappointed.

Can we please please please have a straight forward statement from the BSPA outlining this change

Is it really too much to ask?

So Kennett and Lawson are sharing a spot? Not sure why the club would do that to be honest. Why not use swiderski when one of them is not available?

So Kennett and Lawson are sharing a spot? Not sure why the club would do that to be honest. Why not use swiderski when one of them is not available?

Maybe it's a return to the previous shared double up position rule. Jon Cook muddies the waters by saying, in the Speedway Star, "We're keen to run more of a squad this season to take advantage of the changes made at the BSPA and best cover for the unavoidable clashes that are the nature of of modern speedway."

So Kennett and Lawson are sharing a spot? Not sure why the club would do that to be honest. Why not use Swiderski when one of them is not available?

Presumably because it is not within the guidelines of the new 'secret rule' we are not being told about.

• Like 1

Surely Swiderski as the lowest average rider (excluding the reserves), will cover for one of the 2nd strings/double uppers and it'll be r/r for the other if they are both missing the same meeting?!

It was stated in the official BSPA announcement following the AGM that 'no guests would be allowed to cover for missing 2nd strings' - only r/r!! Well that's perfectly ok when only one is missing but when both are missing there has to be a solution. Maybe wrong to call it 'squads', but in essence that's what it is, rather than naming a weak number 8 to cover!!

Maybe it's a return to the previous shared double up position rule. Jon Cook muddies the waters by saying, in the Speedway Star, "We're keen to run more of a squad this season to take advantage of the changes made at the BSPA and best cover for the unavoidable clashes that are the nature of of modern speedway."

Jon Cook hasn't muddied the waters. Speedwáy Star muddied the waters by uplifting a comment that was on the Lakeside website a week ago and re-issuing it as if it's a new comment.

At the moment Cooks comment is the only announcement of any kind on the topic. At the time the comment was made he also said there would be an announcement of the full Hammers squad shortly which seems to imply there might be more names to come. There has been no further announcement so far but it may well be that the promotion are saving it for the fans forum in 3weeks time.

Edited by E I Addio

@Lakesidehammers ready to give @lewisbridger27 his chance to grab a 2016 team spot in today's @DSSsport

Now I'm more confused as it had been suggested that they already had 8 riders as D/U riders were sharing a spot but now they are looking to add a 9th rider without doubling up.

No wonder Leicester have no riders

@Lakesidehammers ready to give @lewisbridger27 his chance to grab a 2016 team spot in today's @DSSsport

Now I'm more confused as it had been suggested that they already had 8 riders as D/U riders were sharing a spot but now they are looking to add a 9th rider without doubling up.

What makes this even more puzzling is that there hasn't been a peep out of any other team. One would have expected some announcements from Poole given their large asset base, and Ricky Wells would seem an obvious addition to a Wolves squad and I'm sure forum members can come up with other suggestions.

A simple three paragraph media release from the BSPA would help us make sense of this.

• Like 2

I would guess Lakeside will be missing AJ more often as well this season as there is a number of Polish fixtures on Fridays this coming season .

I would guess Lakeside will be missing AJ more often as well this season as there is a number of Polish fixtures on Fridays this coming season .

He may miss the home fixture against Belle Vue 3rd June. I cannot see any other clashes involving Rybnik.

Full calendar:

http://www.speedwayexplorer.com/2016-speedway-ekstraliga-fixtures-calendar/

Are you suggesting Leicester are being deprived of Lewis Bridger or Piotr Swiderski, Bjarne Pedersen even lol.

• Like 1

What makes this even more puzzling is that there hasn't been a peep out of any other team. One would have expected some announcements from Poole given their large asset base, and Ricky Wells would seem an obvious addition to a Wolves squad and I'm sure forum members can come up with other suggestions.

A simple three paragraph media release from the BSPA would help us make sense of this.

What kind of announcement would you expect from Poole?? Poole don't have any double-uppers in their 1-5 so don't need a squad - at the moment!! :wink:

But I agree a statement of clarification from the BSPA would be most gratefully received.

He may miss the home fixture against Belle Vue 3rd June. I cannot see any other clashes involving Rybnik.

Full calendar:

http://www.speedwayexplorer.com/2016-speedway-ekstraliga-fixtures-calendar/

Rybnik also scheduled to ride on Friday 5th August at home to Leszno, the same day that Hammers are due to ride (again) at home to Belle Vue.

I believe that the Aces' Max Fricke may be riding for Rybnik this season, after his season on loan from Torun, and may be in the same position as AJ,

What kind of announcement would you expect from Poole?? Poole don't have any double-uppers in their 1-5 so don't need a squad - at the moment!! :wink:

But I agree a statement of clarification from the BSPA would be most gratefully received.

If Kennett and Lawson are the "squad " riders, where will Bridger fit in??

• Like 1

If Kennett and Lawson are the "squad " riders, where will Bridger fit in??

Lewis Bridger's average must surely limit the options available to utilise him.

Would the team's 1 to 7 have to be re-declared every time they change a squad member for a different fixtures?

No doubt all will be revealed at the fans forum on 18th Feb. and not before.

Be there !

• Like 1

No doubt all will be revealed at the fans forum on 18th Feb. and not before.

Be there !

.. and that will be the only fans forum as the decision has been taken to close the Lakeside Fans Forum website as from today.