British Speedway Forum

Just need Auntie Doris or anyone who passes the stadium to report on any progress of the building of the speedway track preferably with photos. Not too fussed about the stadium itself, the site can be seen from the road leading to the present stadium from the traffic lights.

• Like 1

Just need Auntie Doris or anyone who passes the stadium to report on any progress of the building of the speedway track preferably with photos. Not too fussed about the stadium itself, the site can be seen from the road leading to the present stadium from the traffic lights.

Will do, dunno about photos though.

• Like 1

Must admit this is how I feel about GI, I won't trust anything until I see it with my own eyes. Can guarantee it will take at least a couple of years if it ever does get built.

Must admit this is how I feel about GI, I won't trust anything until I see it with my own eyes. Can guarantee it will take at least a couple of years if it ever does get built.

I am also wary of GI which is why I have asked for any progress of the speedway track seen by anyone passing to be posted on here.

Edited by A ORLOV

I am also wary of GI which is why I have asked for any progress of the speedway track seen by anyone passing to be posted on here.

I pass it regularly so I will let you know of any update on here.

• Like 1

I do find it strange how little detail i included in the planning permission. As other have stated, there is nothing about the size of the proposed track and I can't see to find anything about the elevation or capacity of any of the new stands.

Where are the plans for the actual stadium, or the artists impression?

Seen a plan showing where it will be but what will it look like? Hopefully not grass banks and a couple of portacabins.

It can't be too basic a stadium if the dogs are going to run there. Some punters want to be wined and dined while they watch the racing.

Seen a plan showing where it will be but what will it look like? Hopefully not grass banks and a couple of portacabins.

Grass banks and a couple of portacabins at Blundon and Brandon will do very nicely it they mean speedway can continue at those two venues

• Like 2

Don't need it like Poole either

Crap view from everywhere unless your a ST holder

Grass banks and a couple of portacabins at Blundon and Brandon will do very nicely it they mean speedway can continue at those two venues

Wish Cradley could have the same

Try this. http://www.speedwayplus.com/SwindonStadium.shtml