British Speedway Forum
robert72

Tai Should Never Ride For Team Gb Again

Perhaps at BV next year we will have a chance especially if Scott Nicholls can be persuaded to ride on his home track alongside, for example, Tai, Harris and Lambert.

I think, by the end of the season, Craig Cook's performances were almost demanding selection.

Of course, it depends to how Nicholls and Cook adapt to their new circuit, but at the moment, I would say the World Cup team should be Woffinden, Bomber and Cook, plus one other (Nicholls or Lambert).

If Nicholls wants to do it in the first place, of course.

All the best

Rob

I think, by the end of the season, Craig Cook's performances were almost demanding selection.

Of course, it depends to how Nicholls and Cook adapt to their new circuit, but at the moment, I would say the World Cup team should be Woffinden, Bomber and Cook, plus one other (Nicholls or Lambert).

All the best

Rob

YOU'RE right ... I didn't mean to exclude Cook.

All the best

Rob

Nicholls has said on many occasions he didn't want to be selected so time to move on and if Lambert continues his progress would say he is nailed on for a place anyway

YOU'RE right ... I didn't mean to exclude Cook.

Never catch Rossiter saying the above!

No, it means your bike is Japanese. Tai's race jacket says Britain, he is representing Britain, therefore he is British and as I am supporting the British team, that's all I need to know.

Oh right so If i make greg hanock a race jacket with great britiain on it it means he's british . I get it now .Cool . there was us wondering how to get my sons Australian mate a national league team place because he has no patriality ,but it's a piece of piss , just get a race jacket with great britain on it and he's british . Happy days

• Like 1

How the heck we get onto which country a motorbike was made has something to do with which country you represent I will never know,but if that is the case then it almost means we will never ever have another world champ........weird,even for the BSF this!!!!

How the heck we get onto which country a motorbike was made has something to do with which country you represent I will never know,but if that is the case then it almost means we will never ever have another world champ........weird,even for the BSF this!!!!

apparently being inpossesion of any inanimate object with the name of a country on it allows you to assume the nationality of that country . I refer to topsoils comment that tai wears a racejacket with GB on it and that makes him British , I thought it was a little strange my self . but I@m sure if you ask topsoil they will take the time to explain it fully to you ..

Nicholls has the unarguable right to wear the race jacket but wont

perhaps direct your crap at him - Tai turns up and races

• Like 4

Might not have a problem soon if Tais BT interview is correct and he leaves Speedway

apparently being inpossesion of any inanimate object with the name of a country on it allows you to assume the nationality of that country . I refer to topsoils comment that tai wears a racejacket with GB on it and that makes him British , I thought it was a little strange my self . but I@m sure if you ask topsoil they will take the time to explain it fully to you ..

Okay, I will try to explain. By taking the "inanimate object" of the race jacket, you are representing the country. That was his choice. That, frankly, is all I am interested in. The debate about how you determine a person's nationality doesn't really interest me, because it is never ending, where you are born, parents place of birth, grandparents place of birth, how long you have lived in a country, every sport is different.

Whether a sportsman is patriotic or not means nothing to me. If they are representing my country, I will support them, simply because they are playing for my team.

Oh right so If i make greg hanock a race jacket with great britiain on it it means he's british . I get it now .Cool . there was us wondering how to get my sons Australian mate a national league team place because he has no patriality ,but it's a piece of piss , just get a race jacket with great britain on it and he's british . Happy days

Why would Greg Hancock race with a British race jacket? He's American, wouldn't qualify for any other country as far as I'm aware, he's already represented America. Fail to see the parallel with Tai Woffinden.

I remain very disappointed that Tai isn't racing in our league. I was even more disappointed when asked about a berth over here next year, after winning the world title, he said he hadn't even given it a thought, that says it all doesn't it?

Gareth Bale doesn't play for a Welsh club, but who has done more for the success of Welsh football recently? I don't think anyone in Wales is having a pop at him because he doesn't turn out for Newport County - most Welsh folk I know think it's fantastic one of their own is a galactico. We often say "only in speedway" and it must be "only in speedway" that we produce an exciting double world champion and a minority start whining about it - with fans like that who needs enemies?

There's a very good reason Woffinden doesn't ride in Britain, the Elite League is a badly-organised shambles. Why should he flog himself to death flying in and out of Stansted, having to find the capital or sponsorship for another set of machinery, maybe pay another mechanic, van, workshop for a league that can't organise a coherent fixture list. I know Iversen and some others do it, but many others don't and frankly I don't blame them.

• Like 4

By "act British", do you mean tai shouldn't win? Would that be sufficiently British?

Honestly, can you ever recollect a sportsman singing a national anthem of a Country he does not represent and then choosing not to sing the anthem of the country he does represent. You have to admit its very odd !.

Edited by New Science
  • Like 1

Gareth Bale doesn't play for a Welsh club, but who has done more for the success of Welsh football recently? I don't think anyone in Wales is having a pop at him because he doesn't turn out for Newport County - most Welsh folk I know think it's fantastic one of their own is a galactico. We often say "only in speedway" and it must be "only in speedway" that we produce an exciting double world champion and a minority start whining about it - with fans like that who needs enemies?

There's a very good reason Woffinden doesn't ride in Britain, the Elite League is a badly-organised shambles. Why should he flog himself to death flying in and out of Stansted, having to find the capital or sponsorship for another set of machinery, maybe pay another mechanic, van, workshop for a league that can't organise a coherent fixture list. I know Iversen and some others do it, but many others don't and frankly I don't blame them.

Agree with a lot of this. I doubt very much if Tai would have been world champion this season had he rode in the Elite League. Let's face it, his earnings potential is far greater in Poland, he can test machinery almost every day, he picks up far better sponsorship deals in Poland. You only have to see that Sky Sports documentary to see he was absolutely knackered flying in and out of the country while riding in the Elite League. By missing out he is much fresher and can put in more physical training. And how many Grand Prix and World Cup meetings are held at tracks which are similar to Lakeside, Wolverhampton and (the old) Belle Vue? You need to ride regularly on continental tracks. Much as though I would like to see him and other top riders over here, I can certainly understand why they decide to give it a miss.

hope the Tai knockers noticed lewis Hamilton (the british tax dodger, like nigel Mansell), wearing

the brazil hat today......

hope the Tai knockers noticed lewis Hamilton (the british tax dodger, like nigel Mansell), wearing

the brazil hat today......

In recognition of his idol Senna,seem to remember Hans Andersen wore replica leathers of his idol Erik Gundersen. When Mr Hamilton sings the Brazilian national anthem Ill take your point

• Like 1