British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

I'm in the main grandstand on Friday. Wouldn't mind a couple of beers before the event. Is there a bar in the Grandstand area or have I got to source a local hostelry in the area

The main bar in Peter Craven suite won't be accessible as being used for restaurant hospitally. The food counters in the concourse sell lager, cider and bitter I think.

Before opening time there is the Longsight Social club just down from stadium other side of the school.

Edited by Rob B

Was hoping to see NP ride, but I can understand why he hasnt been selected. I also approve of KK stepping in for the Poles. If his head is right, he could be unbeatable!?

Does anyone know if the practice is open to the public and what time etc ?

Cheers

12 noon

Woffinden and Lambert didn't turn up to GB practise session at NSS today, disappointing.

Woffinden and Lambert didn't turn up to GB practise session at NSS today, disappointing.

Very disappointing esp as Tai hasn't even been on the track before. Lambert booked a holiday which is no excuse as he knew when the World Cup was. Lack of commitment.

Cook, King & Worrall turned up. I could never see Harris missing it if he had been selected

• Like 1

Lambert booked a holiday which is no excuse as he knew when the World Cup was. Lack of commitment.

He is not due to ride until the weekend , if the practice was arranged a while ago I agree but if it was arranged very recently it's more understandable.

Very disappointing, especially Tai, as best rider, captain and team leader hasnt yet rode there and you would think wouldve done everything possible to be there, Lambert at least has ridden there before.

At least we can cross the lack of track time off the excuses list, should Tai offer it of course..

I always assumed practice was essential part of being competative but apparantly not.

Chris Harris must miss half of all gp pratices due to riding Friday in the UK

and King said Cardiff on Saturday night was nothing like practice on the Friday, hence two rides with nil points.

So whats the benefit of practice.

I always assumed practice was essential part of being competative but apparantly not.

Chris Harris must miss half of all gp pratices due to riding Friday in the UK

and King said Cardiff on Saturday night was nothing like practice on the Friday, hence two rides with nil points.

So whats the benefit of practice.

Tai insisted more testing was needed for GB to be more competitive. One was arranged in Croatia he didn't attend and he didn't attend today either.

• Like 3

Tai insisted more testing was needed for GB to be more competitive. One was arranged in Croatia he didn't attend and he didn't attend today either.

He might be in Sweden to watch his Aussie mates tomorrow !
  • Like 6

What is the parking like around the stadium? Just attending the final on the Saturday and not staying in the area.

What is the parking like around the stadium? Just attending the final on the Saturday and not staying in the area.

Start at page 20 on this thread- pages and pages about parking !

ONLY just realised that it will be 50 years to the day that England won soccer's World Cup at Wembley on Saturday. Should have remembered the date ... was lucky enough to be there. An omen perhaps ...

Quote from Hans Nielsen: "He didn’t seem to take it too well."

Lets be honest he is not exactly having a decent run against the top men in GPs.

Lets be honest he is not exactly having a decent run against the top men in GPs.

I applaud Hans Nielsen`s stance over Pedersen, it seems Nicki has more interests and distractions away from speedway these days.

• Like 1

Practice sessions are less about track time and more about team camaraderie.

Just meeting up for the Race-Off isn't enough in my opinion