British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2016 Speedway Gp Qualifiers

Only Harris and AJ could make way out of the current crop imo.

Vaculik and Emil would take the series onto the next level.

Out of the qualifiers though, not many would add anything really, as all like for like apart from Vaculik.

What really needs to happen is the rift or the problem with the Russian authorities need sorting, the Lagutas and Emil need to be part of the series and WTC

No Dudek? surely not.

Unfortunately, I don't think that either of the Laguta brothers are motivated by anything other than money and arguably perceive SGP as a series that will cost them money to ride in.

You mean pretty much like every other professional league sports player/rider/athlete, who will play/ride for whoever offers the biggest paycheck?

Was a boring meeting at lynn. Can't believe how poor that track as gone.

Well I must have been at a different venue than you, NEVER seen any one work so hard on a track as BC. The track was smooth & plenty of dirt on it!

The problem is not really the track, more the bikes are so hard to handle these days, making passing much more at a premium, cos if riders get it wrong, it goes wrong big time. The authorities have to find an answer to that.

Having said that, wider bends at the AFA Arena would certainly help improve the entertainment value imo as it would mean more racing lines and shorter straights would bring the speeds down a little.

• Like 3

How was Lambert not good anough? a strange comment he would of scored 11 pts if it was not for a ef.For me if i was Rosco/England hierarchy i would support and push as much as possible to help Lambert he is the future.If he was a Pole he would get help and support,Lambert to me has the tools and talent to be able to mix it at the highest level in the next five years.Cook is what 28/29? he also is not riding great in the EL every bit of experience Lambert can get will fast track his progress.

Cookie has bust a gut this year to try and ride regularly in Poland but hasn't been given a fair crack at it. Everyone goes on about how old he is at the same time we welcome Scott Nicholls back into Team GB reckoning. couldn't make it up.

I honestly don't think the track was bad last night, fast times early on proved that, I just felt that racing got very spread out very fast as there was a big gap in quality in many races.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I don't think that either of the Laguta brothers are motivated by anything other than money and arguably perceive SGP as a series that will cost them money to ride in.

Hands up anyone who has never changed jobs for one that pays more money?

Keep your hands up if you'd happily pay for the privilege of going to work?

So why should speedway riders be any different?

• Like 2

The problem is not really the track, more the bikes are so hard to handle these days, making passing much more at a premium, cos if riders get it wrong, it goes wrong big time. The authorities have to find an answer to that.

Having said that, wider bends at the AFA Arena would certainly help improve the entertainment value imo as it would mean more racing lines and shorter straights would bring the speeds down a little.

Don't think the Authorities ie the F.I.M are too bothered. The tracks in Britain being clay based,heavy material are just not compatible with today's machines. It works better in Poland and Sweden with their tracks being of a finer grade of material

Hands up anyone who has never changed jobs for one that pays more money?

Keep your hands up if you'd happily pay for the privilege of going to work?

So why should speedway riders be any different?

I don't disagree with you whatsoever. The point that I was making is that some riders, rightly or wrongly, are prepared to use their regular league earnings to subsidise their GP campaigns due to the poor prize money on offer at GP level.

However, I haven't seen any evidence that would indicate that either of the Laguta brothers would be prepared to do so.

Then perhaps if some other riders took a stand like the Lagutas and Emil then the money for appearing in the GPs may increase. Someones making some money out of them, some of those will be the top riders with added sponsorship, but not all are getting that.

Then perhaps if some other riders took a stand like the Lagutas and Emil then the money for appearing in the GPs may increase. Someones making some money out of them, some of those will be the top riders with added sponsorship, but not all are getting that.

The FIM pays and decide's prize money.

Just a thought but are the riders actually doing everything they can and could do to gain more sponsorship through the SGP appearance?

This is why I like riders to qualify - you get unpredictability which refreshes things rather than the same old thing we get with GP. Hancock pedersen holder jonsson etc. seen it before.

Cook simply not yet consistent enough to earn a place in Poland so is now looking for easy money in the PL - why not invest by going to Poland as often as possible to practice and show he's good enough, open meetings as well?

Harris lost out in QF again, as in 2014 but he still made it into the challenge final so all is not lost for him :)

This is why I like riders to qualify - you get unpredictability which refreshes things rather than the same old thing we get with GP. Hancock pedersen holder jonsson etc. seen it before.

Cook simply not yet consistent enough to earn a place in Poland so is now looking for easy money in the PL - why not invest by going to Poland as often as possible to practice and show he's good enough, open meetings as well?

Harris lost out in QF again, as in 2014 but he still made it into the challenge final so all is not lost for him :)

Thank god there are about 20 riders in the queu before him and the challenge is in Vetlanda(?)...
  • Like 1

In 2014 he was given a freebie pass over allot of other higher ranked riders because ´"he was nearby", I don't think he would be given the same benefit this year.

@f-s-p, that's correct the challenge is held at Vetlanda.

Edited by Ghostwalker