British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

The Heat Leader List....

A consequence of the format - necessary in 2014 & 2015, but should not be retained in 2016

Agreed.

A move to the more familiar heat format might help re-adress some of the inbalance in the averages.

It is by the promoter`s or they will go skint !!!!

Now that the top 5 can drop into reserve I dont see how it would save money.

Edited by woz01

If any top 3 drop to reserve, I hope they get reserve wages, as their form must be $#!t!!!

Now that the top 5 can drop into reserve I dont see how it would save money.

assuming riders are still being paid per point and that stars get more per point then the current race formula means paying (just as an example):

Lindgren 7 points, Thorsell 7 points

Revert to the old formula and you pay Lindgren 9 and Thorsell 5 which will cost more.

assuming riders are still being paid per point and that stars get more per point then the current race formula means paying (just as an example):

Lindgren 7 points, Thorsell 7 points

Revert to the old formula and you pay Lindgren 9 and Thorsell 5 which will cost more.

There is a real possibility that someone like Danny King can drop into a reserve role after a few matches using this system. You cant tell me that he wouldnt clean up and score double figures, the points and wage compared to him and Bates would be huge. You could say the same with Lindgren even in a 2nd string role. Surely if they were saving money they'd keep the draft rider in the reserve positions? The previous format would stop this and make it more difficult for draft rider to move up, top 5 to move down and if one did move down would have a much more difficult set of heats than is the case now.

If any top 3 drop to reserve, I hope they get reserve wages, as their form must be $#!t!!!

Some draft riders will average 7+ while at reserve and we've seen heatleaders average 5 with this format. It will happen. Edited by woz01

There is a real possibility that someone like Danny King can drop into a reserve role after a few matches using this system. You cant tell me that he wouldnt clean up and score double figures, the points and wage compared to him and Bates would be huge. You could say the same with Lindgren even in a 2nd string role. Surely if they were saving money they'd keep the draft rider in the reserve positions? The previous format would stop this and make it more difficult for draft rider to move up, top 5 to move down and if one did move down would have a much more difficult set of heats than is the case now.

Some draft riders will average 7+ while at reserve and we've seen heatleaders average 5 with this format. It will happen.

I'm sure the BSPA have looked into this possibility..... :shock:

I'm sure the BSPA have looked into this possibility..... :shock:

I doubt it, but it will be interesting to see if any "low scoring" number 4 or heat leader in any team that is guaranteed a play off position drops to reserve for the last 4 weeks of the season and the play offs.

While rolling averages make average fixing slightly more difficult I would expect to see one of the top four featuring a rider with an unusually low average and at reserve for the cup meetings.

Having a relatively 'big hitter' at reserve who can take 7 rides would probably be enough of an advantage to clinch to trophy.

Hello Drop a Cog.

Hello Drop a Cog.

Quoting himself, he has dropped a bollock.

Hello?

You're very proud to have created extra accounts aren't you Drop a Cog.

It really isn't a difficult thing to do though and 99% of the forum don't feel the need to do it. Even Gustix learned not too.

Who cares?

As per forum rules:

" Please refrain from allowing anyone else to use your account and do not create duplicate accounts on the forum."

The fact that you blatantly abuse this and respond with "Who cares?" shows what an utter troll you are.

• Like 2

Says the 'person' who has simply trolled this thread.

Careful Wibble. You might get a visit from Officer Dibble.

We could have saved ourselves sixteen pages of this thread and Jon Cook behaving like a bit of a chump if the BSPA hadn't made public the existence of the dreaded list. It could have been dealt with internally at the AGM and the rest of us would have been none the wiser.

Says the 'person' who has simply trolled this thread.

Pointing out members breaking forum rules is not trolling Drop a Cog/FredFlange/Wibble.

• Like 1