British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

The Points Limit

At the end of the year the points limit will average out about 42. That happened but that was with reserves averaging about 10ish per team. They are not taking up 7ish per team. That's a loss of 3 points a team so you're down to 39 before we lost Ward(and Kildemand), Magic, Puk and Zagar. It's slightly offset by adding Krys Buckzkowski. That's another point lost.

This takes into account the likes of Summers and Zengi who someone is going to have to sign or be even lower that the limit.

Yes I understand but if you are the Bspa you are trying not to lose the people you mentioned but to attract people like Buzz, KK Vaculik etc to come or give teams the opportunity to get them in. Therefore raising the standard of the league.

How many teams have to fold before people realise that their is only a certain amount of money that clubs can pay even if the GP boys wanted to ride here.

Is winning a 8 team league really more important than the sport losing teams?.

I guess to some the answer is yes.

• Like 1

Yes I understand but if you are the Bspa you are trying not to lose the people you mentioned but to attract people like Buzz, KK Vaculik etc to come or give teams the opportunity to get them in. Therefore raising the standard of the league.

The points limit has got nothing to do with whether riders ride here. A points limit of 40.5 is not keeping Niicki or Emil away. What keeps them away is the fact that they can earn plenty of money without the extra traveling of coming here or the extra expense of setting up a British base with Bikes, workshop mechanics etc.

• Like 3

The points limit has got nothing to do with whether riders ride here. A points limit of 40.5 is not keeping Niicki or Emil away. What keeps them away is the fact that they can earn plenty of money without the extra traveling of coming here or the extra expense of setting up a British base with Bikes, workshop mechanics etc.

Totally agree with that...

It looks like the BSPA (Promoters) just expected everyone to return, but without NKI, KIller, Magic, Zagar etc certain teams will struggle to field a competitive 7..

I just hope no one does an Oxford...

• Like 1

Totally agree with that...

It looks like the BSPA (Promoters) just expected everyone to return, but without NKI, KIller, Magic, Zagar etc certain teams will struggle to field a competitive 7..

I just hope no one does an Oxford...

Or a Birmingham.

2015 Averages inc Fast track riders PL averages converted to EL (some averages not correct but about that figure)

Belle Vue - 41.78 .... Zagar 7.83 gone

Coventry - 40.99 .....

Kings Lynn - 39.42 ...... Iversen 8.98 gone .... Schlein 6.24 not included

Lakeside - 39.19 .....

Leicester - 38.63 .....

Poole - 43.10 ..... Janowski 8.97 gone ... Buczkowski 6.48 in ... Kurtz 5.46 in

Swindon 42.52 ..... Kildemand 7.10 gone

Wolves 35.91 ...... Karlsson 5.51 gone ?

Even using the averages of fast track riders PL approximate averages shows that before more top names decided to ditch Britain, it was going to be very hard to get close to the 40.5 limit

This would have been much better to have gone with my idea for the last decade or so of not just forming a British League involving all tracks but also turning the Elite League into a much better and stronger league using top riders in a season over just 14 meetings all on a Monday night and leaving the other six nights for Premier and British League fixtures.

It obviously would have been a massive change and would only happen with all tracks helping out, but Premier League averages would have been used in all leagues and even now I feel it would have been better to have put the limit at 45 and used PL; converted averages where applicable.

Jacob Thorssell 6.18 becomes 9.27 (1.5 conversion), Kacper Gomolski and Peter Karlsson 5.51 becomes 8.26 ........ This would have made the limit more obtainable and would have opened the door for more teams to join up or move the leagues closer ready for one big league next year.

At present it looks like every team will struggle to reach the points limit apart from Swindon who could be tracking two of the top three averaging riders in Doyle 9.44 and Zengota 7.79 with Morris 6.70 forming the strongest heat leader trio by far.

Change the limit and once and for all get rid of this terrible format

• Like 1

Ah well, as a Poole fan it doesn't effect you so you can take a flippant attitude.

It's NOT good for a team to be cast adrift from March and with no hope of building a decent team all season.

To be fair, that is what happens year in, year out with any averages they produce...

I've mentioned before now, the year we were bottom of the league and so desperate we needed Crumpy back to keep the crowd attending such was the dissatisfaction....

To do this we had to lose Morten Risager as we would have been 'too strong'!!!

So he went to Swindon, who were top of the league and at that moment in time, about 40 points ahead of us!!?

A small part if me is hoping that the lack of 'top talent' is more down to a brilliantly devised masterplan to reduce costs which can down the line reduce admission charges, narrow the ability levels on track to produce closer, more competitive racing, and ultimately put in some building blocks from which to build a more positve future for the sport....

Of course a much larger part of me suspects it is yet another 'town halls' up....

Edited by mikebv

Should have allowed job sharing of number ones ......

Even at this late stage they should vote it in if they know certain top boys would be interested, most committees could do it ...

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

Even at this late stage they should vote it in if they know certain top boys would be interested, most committees could do it ...

This was suggested a few seasons ago and no one wanted to know.................even though there were several riders all for it..........

The points limit has nothing to do with why top riders will not ride over here..............its more down to being cost effective than anything else..............

This is also why a squad system would work.................and would do away with the need for rider replacement and most likely guests.............ok not everyone gets a meeting every week but surely it makes sense and helps when injuries or personal commitments get in the way................

They scrapped the points limit in Poland and it worked............

RP

How many teams have to fold before people realise that their is only a certain amount of money that clubs can pay even if the GP boys wanted to ride here.

Is winning a 8 team league really more important than the sport losing teams?.

I guess to some the answer is yes.

It is/was to Swindon - its why they signed Darcy Ward and would probably have won it too!!!!

To be fair, that is what happens year in, year out with any averages they produce...

I've mentioned before now, the year we were bottom of the league and so desperate we needed Crumpy back to keep the crowd attending such was the dissatisfaction....

To do this we had to lose Morten Risager as we would have been 'too strong'!!!

So he went to Swindon, who were top of the league and at that moment in time, about 40 points ahead of us!!?

A small part if me is hoping that the lack of 'top talent' is more down to a brilliantly devised masterplan to reduce costs which can down the line reduce admission charges, narrow the ability levels on track to produce closer, more competitive racing, and ultimately put in some building blocks from which to build a more positve future for the sport....

Of course a much larger part of me suspects it is yet another 'town halls' up....

They have a 5-year plan!! Buster said so!!!

This was suggested a few seasons ago and no one wanted to know.................even though there were several riders all for it..........

The points limit has nothing to do with why top riders will not ride over here..............its more down to being cost effective than anything else..............

This is also why a squad system would work.................and would do away with the need for rider replacement and most likely guests.............ok not everyone gets a meeting every week but surely it makes sense and helps when injuries or personal commitments get in the way................

They scrapped the points limit in Poland and it worked............

RP

Except it bankrupted some teams RP..........!!

Agreed.

Except it bankrupted some teams RP..........!!

Other than that it worked........

RP

So with Coventy signing KK that only leaves Batchelor as a heat leader for half the league to fight over. As it is, it's looks like my team will be one of the "haves" but even in not happy with the disparity.