British Speedway Forum

Just as a matter of interest should the double points be dropped and your interest in Speedway can continue, exactly which E.L. track would you be going to? Sorry but geography is not my best subject so I don't know which is the nearest to Sunderland.

I'm not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic but I'll ask anyway. :wink: Can you name a few from this 'droves' list? The only one I can remember who has left ~ so obviously the others weren't that memorable ~ is Rabbit and she left about 4 years ago.

I think that's a whoosh

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic but I'll ask anyway. :wink: Can you name a few from this 'droves' list? The only one I can remember who has left ~ so obviously the others weren't that memorable ~ is Rabbit and she left about 4 years ago.

Er ..... I think Orion rumbled me , if you look at his post above.

• Like 1

Just as a matter of interest should the double points be dropped and your interest in Speedway can continue, exactly which E.L. track would you be going to? Sorry but geography is not my best subject so I don't know which is the nearest to Sunderland.

The nearest Elite League Track to Sunderland Gemini, is Belle Vue.

I would continue to follow Newcastle 'Diamonds' in the Premier League (a mere 12 miles from my house) were the 'Double Points' to be dropped.

Until then - I will stay away.

Edited by The White Knight

I would continue to follow Newcastle 'Diamonds' in the Premier League (a mere 12 miles from my house) were the 'Double Points' to be dropped.

Ah yes...I forgot about the Premier League also having the double point rule. It's only one race though so an improvement on how it used to be. I didn't like it when it happened twice....unless it was helping Coventry to catch up of course. :lol:

I think that's a whoosh

Good ~ I'm happy to be whooshed. :t: There are so many people on here moaning and whingeing about things being better years ago, including the BSF and Speedway, so I get confused sometimes if a post is serious or taking the mickey. It doesn't help either to sort things out in my brain when gustix likes my original post. :D

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Do u attend the Pl koc matches where no double point rule is in place?

For your reference, 7 Newcastle home meetings last season saw double points scored, none of which altered the result. To stay away due to a rule which impacted 7 races over a season, with no impact on result, seems a little extreme IMHO. ..

Do u attend the Pl koc matches where no double point rule is in place?

For your reference, 7 Newcastle home meetings last season saw double points scored, none of which altered the result. To stay away due to a rule which impacted 7 races over a season, with no impact on result, seems a little extreme IMHO. ..

My principles - my choice.

PLKOC Meetings - no I don't attend them either. I am not changing my arrangements for one or two Meetings - I would be prepared/happy to do so if I started going full time again..

I loved them doing "American Girl " and "Free Fallin' " ;)

Although Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers released numerous singles and albums they did not record 'Free Fallin.' That was another American group with a similar name but fronted by Tom Petty and co-written with Jeff Lynne (ELO).

Although Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers released numerous singles and albums they did not record 'Free Fallin.' That was another American group with a similar name but fronted by Tom Petty and co-written with Jeff Lynne (ELO).

I think you missed the 'wink' :D Twas a joke....

Well , I'll be blowed. You would have thought Yer Ropes would have mentioned that instead of just saying HO HO HO and mentioning some other Heartbreakers song.

Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers . Who'd have thought it ?

(Sorry, can't get my smiley faces to stay on)

Edited by E I Addio

Surprised to see that you stay away because of the double points rule, would have felt reading your previous thoughts on the sport that the Play Offs would have caused you more to miss going to speedway.

Last season the double points rule was watered down allow ing teams to use on the one occasion during a meeting, and hand on heart when it was used watching meetings at Sheffield or on the TV I cannot remember ever been a game changer.

If it doesn't change anything then what's the point in having it.just a thought

• Like 1

If it doesn't change anything then what's the point in having it.just a thought

Never said did not ever, I can only speak for the meetings that I have seen.

Surprised to see that you stay away because of the double points rule, would have felt reading your previous thoughts on the sport that the Play Offs would have caused you more to miss going to speedway.

Last season the double points rule was watered down allow ing teams to use on the one occasion during a meeting, and hand on heart when it was used watching meetings at Sheffield or on the TV I cannot remember ever been a game changer.

There are lots of things wrong with Speedway at present. The Play Offs I don't like but I can live with them. I still think they are very wrong and very unfair to the Team that actually wins the League.

Double Points I hate and detest - more unfairness. I get upset and angry every time the Black and White Helmet emerges from the Pits.

Question: Why should I pay good money to get myself upset watching what I consider Officially sanctioned cheating? I can't help it - that is the way I see it.

I don't like/agree with cheating - one of my principles - ergo I won't attend.

You may not agree with me - but - I hope you can understand where I am coming from Spin King.

There are lots of things wrong with Speedway at present. The Play Offs I don't like but I can live with them. I still think they are very wrong and very unfair to the Team that actually wins the League.

Double Points I hate and detest - more unfairness. I get upset and angry every time the Black and White Helmet emerges from the Pits.

Question: Why should I pay good money to get myself upset watching what I consider Officially sanctioned cheating? I can't help it - that is the way I see it.

You may not agree with me - but - I hope you can understand where I am coming from Spin King.

Think you will get your wish this year .to quote Buster Chapman in the Speedway Star " 4 riders 4 laps best team wins " Seems the new broom will sweep the tactical ride into history. maybe
  • Like 1

Of course you are entitled to your views.

To be honest reading your previous thoughts I got the feeling the Play Off's were biggest reason for you staying away.