British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry Es First Leg 16/03/16

No surprise, areas around Brandon are flooded.

Really? Blue skies here, can't imagine rain anywhere!!

The rain we had on Wednesday was very heavy from early hours till afternoon. Seen pictures yesterday near to Brandon with fields and roads flooded. Today's would've been a lovely day to watch P&P.

I see Poole fans put up a small 8-10 point win when quite clearly they should win this by nearer 20. That way they can say there amazed by their team when they win by more than the 8 they predicted. Poole to win by 15 in the 2 team boring elite league

• Like 2

I think Coventry have a good team.

Depends on the 2 Poles especially Kasperzak.

....and Agent Kasprzak is an asset of ?

• Like 1

......and who has Woryna supported since a child???? (but wasn't allowed to retain his skull and crossbones on his Bees kevlars!?) ;-)

Coventry's official practice today CANCELLED due to the track being in poor condition!!!

Not surprised after the heavy rain we had. Garden at work is still waterlogged as well

Didn't care about that in 2010

......and who has Woryna supported since a child???? (but wasn't allowed to retain his skull and crossbones on his Bees kevlars!?) ;-)

I'm sure he wants to make an impression 😉

I have no issue with Kasprzak facing Poole after a superb performance in the 2010 final.

• Like 1

Depends on the 2 Poles especially Kasperzak.

Mmm Kasprzak and the word 'depends'..... Doesn't really slip off the tongue does it?

Wonder what the betting would be on him completing the season at Coventry. I will say this, if the Bees are not winning, he will be gone by June.

• Like 1

55-35. Chris and Krys providing about the only resistance. King sucks as a heat leader, the new Pole isn't that much at all but will be chewed up and spat about Buckowski and Kurtz. Garrity will give it his all but against that top 5 will struggle to score much. Bates and Sarj should be able to get a few points off Ellis, hopefully.

The worst result possible for the Bees would be 52-38ish. We either need to do really well (and prove me wrong) or take a thrashing so changes are made like they were after last seasons meetings with Leicester,

Mmm Kasprzak and the word 'depends'..... Doesn't really slip off the tongue does it?

Wonder what the betting would be on him completing the season at Coventry. I will say this, if the Bees are not winning, he will be gone by June.

I think KK will ride well on Wednesday..

• Like 1

55-35. Chris and Krys providing about the only resistance. King sucks as a heat leader, the new Pole isn't that much at all but will be chewed up and spat about Buckowski and Kurtz. Garrity will give it his all but against that top 5 will struggle to score much. Bates and Sarj should be able to get a few points off Ellis, hopefully.

The worst result possible for the Bees would be 52-38ish. We either need to do really well (and prove me wrong) or take a thrashing so changes are made like they were after last seasons meetings with Leicester,

Do you know something about Woryna that I don't ?

Well, lucky you. Unfortunately there has been a lot of flooding in the Midlands ~ Leicester and Coventry included ~ so no surprise the practice was called off.

Well here we go with our first meeting of the season, weather permitting. Should be a very interesting meeting to start the season and a good time to throw down a marker of intention.

Hoping for an 8 point lead to take to Brandon.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? More like a 28 point lead than 8.

Edited by Gemini