British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
EC Rides Again

British Semi Finals 2016

What a great day out. Yes there was a weaker line up than would have liked, but some great racing, weather and big crowd. Barker scraped in tbh, never looks right on the pace. Sarj and Wright a little unlucky at points. Branford tried his heart out. Cook seemed to have some bike issues but rode like a demon in heat 14.

Really fantastic atmosphere about the place, proud we hosted the semi final.

• Like 1

Track was superb, wish it could be this way every week.

• Like 1

That was a quality afternoons entertainment there. I thoroughly enjoyed that. I've even had to put after sun on my arms and neck when i got home, haha !

I usually get the train through for Berwick meetings as the Horseshoe Bar is always involved first, but i drove today. I've not driven through since a Somerset meeting last year, and the way to the track is signposted so much better than last time, after you come off the motorway.

All good. Now for a beer :cheers:

Superb from Starke today.

I'd say King and Kennett OR Bates for the 'wild'card spots.

I hope it's Bates and King.

Bates for finishing eighth in what was the hardest of the two semi-finals, and King because he didn't get a chance in the semis.

Kennett doesn't deserve one, after his poor showing at Scunny. He gated for around 14 points and scored 4!

All the best

Rob

It was blair Smith

Ahhhh, ok :P Makes more sense now, I was like who the Hell is he? And I felt terrible lol

Disgusting pull outs at the last minute! Riders should really thing where their priorities lay! Bridget was an obvious pullout, tadger of the highest order! Clegg, getting bullied from his PL fans and Newman was injured!

Disgusting pull outs at the last minute! Riders should really thing where their priorities lay! Bridget was an obvious pullout, tadger of the highest order! Clegg, getting bullied from his PL fans and Newman was injured!

Disgusting pull outs at the last minute! Riders should really thing where their priorities lay! Bridget was an obvious pullout, tadger of the highest order! Clegg, getting bullied from his PL fans and Newman was injured

Disgusting pull outs at the last minute! Riders should really thing where their priorities lay! Bridget was an obvious pullout, tadger of the highest order! Clegg, getting bullied from his PL fans and Newman was injured

Sorry could you run that by me again
  • Like 5

I didn't make the ashfield leg so will have to buy dvd. l was driving back from a amazing weekend at blackpool. Tried like hell to leave on time but wifes 7 months pregnant and frequent pee stops put that to bed plus my son wanted to play on beach before we left...lol I gave up soon realising I wasn't seeing any racing today.

I'm wanting the Scunthorpe semi final on dvd, who should l contact? Its sounds like a belter of a meeting.

I didn't make the ashfield leg so will have to buy dvd. l was driving back from a amazing weekend at blackpool. Tried like hell to leave on time but wifes 7 months pregnant and frequent pee stops put that to bed plus my son wanted to play on beach before we left...lol I gave up soon realising I wasn't seeing any racing today.

I'm wanting the Scunthorpe semi final on dvd, who should l contact? Its sounds like a belter of a meeting.

Tapes Up Production covered the meeting at Scunny, if there's a better meeting this season I'd like to see it.

Edited by Tigerite

Who's this Bridget rider? :P Haha, also, how could Newman help pulling out if he was injured???

Really enjoyed that today, beautiful sunshine and some good racing, shame some riders pulled out.... their stand ins gave their all